Petition SISU to sell the club (4 Viewers)

Captain Dart

we need that Reporter in the Times i think his name is Winter who has signed the petion! If he could get one of his colleagues doing a peice on SISU in the financial pages regarding their ability to manage the CCFC finances as this publicity would effect future funds from the money boys to support their hedge fund
If only he or his colleagues could shine a light on the real owners of the club hidden behind a Cayman Islands company.

Nick

Administrator
OK, hinting was the wrong word...but a piece about CCFC's plight, that then leads onto a general piece about "the 10 greatest financial fuck-ups in football".....that kinda thing.....
....you know the sort of thing.....nothing that can get anyone in trouble, yet enough to allow readers to make the associations for themselves.

...as I say, I don't want anyone battered in court.

Yeah but one of the issues we have had is allowing readers to make associations. It should just be cold, hard facts :)

Had that discussion with Simon on here when he said he just writes articles and it was down to the reader to make their minds up on what is going on. Rather than them being told what is going on.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Yeah but one of the issues we have had is allowing readers to make associations. It should just be cold, hard facts :)

Had that discussion with Simon on here when he said he just writes articles and it was down to the reader to make their minds up on what is going on. Rather than them being told what is going on.

Its a fine line though isn't it.....I'm sure (if I had the time & was getting paid for it) I could compile enough cold hard facts regarding sisus & otiums tenure & then present them in such a way as to leave very little doubt they are a bunch of useless cunts.....

rupert_bear

Henry Winter can write about how ccfc has done since sisu took over. just 9 years ago. Relegation from championship to bottom of division three, forced move to Northampton resulting in the loss of about 60% home fans still struggling to get them back regularly, three transfer embargoes for late accounts, administration or is two, increased debts, failure to deliver a ground promised to the FL by the club chairman, gates tumbling from the high teens to less than 9000 all facts and read by the right people or should I say in the sisu case the wrong people could well impact on the sisu business.

Captain Dart

And that is what should be the target...
Those owners don't want publicity, that's why they're hiding their more unsavoury activities behind SISU.
These people are likely American politicians and industrialists with a lot to lose if their names get out so if you want to pressure SISU into selling expose them.
All I wish to do is tell the world what sort of business they're doing, then they can be judged by the political & business communities which they inhabit.

Last edited:

chiefdave

we need that Reporter in the Times i think his name is Winter who has signed the petion! If he could get one of his colleagues doing a peice on SISU in the financial pages regarding their ability to manage the CCFC finances as this publicity would effect future funds from the money boys to support their hedge fund
A (factual) piece in the FT about how much investors money has been sunk into CCFC and what result the investors have had would have a much bigger impact than any petition.

Nick

Administrator
Those owners don't want publicity, that's why they're hiding their more unsavoury activities behind SISU.
These people are likely American politicians and industrialists with a lot to loose if their names get out so if you want to pressure SISU into selling expose them.
All I wish to do is tell the world what sort of business they're doing, they they can be judged by the political & business communities which they inhabit.

And that will actually damage and hurt SISU directly, which is the point I have been trying to make :(

Whereas people damage and hurt CCFC thinking it bothers SISU.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I just signed, hoping they do sell to a rich arab or Chinese investor comes swooping in throws some money at the council swoo them and have their pick of any site, build a nice stadium and give plenty dosh buy players, then i wake up from my dream!

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

stupot07

I can't decide whether 11k in over 48 hours is good or not, given the endorsements its had.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

I can't decide whether 11k in over 48 hours is good or not, given the endorsements its had.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's good in my opinion. And as everyone says it probably won't make a difference but it's something and it's good news.

If it only got 100 then that's bad.

Nick

Administrator
It's actually fourth Nick. Sorry mate :)

It must have bumped it up for me because SISU are in my favourites :)

giphy.gif

Brylowes

Ever since it took place, I've liked the idea of a good investigative journalist getting
His teeth into the administration process under Appleton. There were definitely
Things going on there that raised eyebrows too say the least, you'd usually think
They wouldn't dare pull a fast one in those circumstances, but they were desperate
To hang on to the club.
So just how desperate were they, what lengths were they prepared to go to, I would
Love to find out.

chiefdave

Ever since it took place, I've liked the idea of a good investigative journalist getting his teeth into the administration process under Appleton.
Would love that but I think the time for that has probably passed now unless it gets dragged up in some of the legals. I always felt that when you're working right up to what is legal its pretty easy to slip over the line.

Kingokings204

Weirdly it says the petition has been viewed almost 50k times and it's only been signed 11k. Why wouldn't you sign it if you viewed? By almost 5-1 ratio. Strange

Brylowes

Would love that but I think the time for that has probably passed now unless it gets dragged up in some of the legals. I always felt that when you're working right up to what is legal its pretty easy to slip over the line.
If they lost the club then 'well" I don't think they could comprehend that, I'm sure
They snapped the rules to ensure retaining ownership.
Probably banking on us being "2 Bob" and out of the spotlight.

Brylowes

Do we not think the council would have looked into it very closely though?
I don't really think it would be the councils place though would it, wouldn't have
Thought they'd have been keen getting messed up in this.
I don't know Nick, Appleton not being able to find this and that, it just didn't sit
Right, as Dave says though water under the bridge now.
And if they are prone to shadey dealings, they will trip themselves up one day.

Nick

Administrator
I don't really think it would be the councils place though would it, wouldn't have
Thought they'd have been keen getting messed up in this.
I don't know Nick, Appleton not being able to find this and that, it just didn't sit
Right, as Dave says though water under the bridge now.
And if they are prone to shadey dealings, they will trip themselves up one day.

No, I mean they would have been very eager to grass sisu up if anything was illegal about it.

Users who are viewing this thread