Petition SISU to sell the club (2 Viewers)

oucho

Did you miss the bit about ignoring the one offs?
Did you miss the bit about "what happens if we leave the Ricoh, then Wasps get fed up with Cov and decide to knock it down and sell it for housing before moving back to London?" With no long term tenants, that would be dead easy for them. Once that happens, show me where we can accommodate fans for these "one offs"?

Nick

Administrator
Did you miss the bit about "what happens if we leave the Ricoh, then Wasps get fed up with Cov and decide to knock it down and sell it for housing before moving back to London?" With no long term tenants, that would be dead easy for them. Once that happens, show me where we can accommodate fans for these "one offs"?

Why would it matter to us if the Ricoh got knocked down if we didn't play there?

Surely the telegraph and council wouldn't let that happen?

Kingokings204

Why do people keep saying "I've signed it but it won't make a difference?" Don't sign it then if you don't think so. It's your opinion.

fernandopartridge

I think you need to go and have a lie down

oucho

Why would it matter to us if the Ricoh got knocked down if we didn't play there?
Because we'd never be able to return there, as owners, tenants or for one-off games. We'd be stuck in the BPA shoebox with no prospect of having a Ricoh size capacity should we need it.

Surely the telegraph and council wouldn't let that happen?
I don't see why they woudl try to stop it. If Wasps move lock stock out of Cov back to London, the Ricoh would rot but the council presumably want more homes in the area and would welcome that.

Nick

Administrator
Because we'd never be able to return there, as owners, tenants or for one-off games. We'd be stuck in the BPA shoebox with no prospect of having a Ricoh size capacity should we need it.

I don't see why they woudl try to stop it. If Wasps move lock stock out of Cov back to London, the Ricoh would rot but the council presumably want more homes in the area and would welcome that.

How can Wasps knock something down they don't own the freehold to? I am not saying it isn't possible, just I don't know.

oucho

How can Wasps knock something down they don't own the freehold to? I am not saying it isn't possible, just I don't know.
The freehold is to the land Nick, not what is built on it. They can build houses instead (or sell it for development) witthe houses sold on suitable leasehold terms.

Nick

Administrator
The freehold is to the land Nick, not what is built on it. They can build houses instead (or sell it for development) witthe houses sold on suitable leasehold terms.

Surely the council would need to give it the nod?

So we can't move away, just in case Wasps and the council knock down the "Local assett" for houses?

oucho

Surely the council would need to give it the nod?

So we can't move away, just in case Wasps and the council knock down the "Local assett" for houses?

Yes, but why wouldn't they, based on previous form? The city needs more homes, after all. If CCFC had permanently transplanted itself to BPA or elsewhere, the council would rather have houses than a rotting empty Ricoh.

You're right, moving away is a bad idea from this point of view. IMO we need to ensure we stay at the Ricoh as long as possible.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, but why wouldn't they, based on previous form? The city needs more homes, after all. If CCFC had permanently transplanted itself to BPA or elsewhere, the council would rather have houses than a rotting empty Ricoh.

You're right, moving away is a bad idea from this point of view. IMO we need to ensure we stay at the Ricoh as long as possible.

So CCFC have to stay there as long as possible to protect it from somebody knocking it down?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Where's the potentially huge fan base? You really must forget about one offs and think about what CCFC's fan base looks like over the last 30 years. It rarely achieved an average gate in excess of 20k, that is not a huge fan base.

Low running costs and purchase price yes, but would need significant investment to bring any sort of return if ever.
Stoke city season before they went up 13000 now 27000 every week. Things have changed since we were in the top flight. If by some miracle we ever got back there we would fill the Ricoh. Also look at the gates city used to get pre Jimmy then see what they became. All this club needs is owners who rely on human interaction rather than algorithmic trading.

Nick

Administrator
Stoke city season before they went up 13000 now 27000 every week. Things have changed since we were in the top flight. If by some miracle we ever got back there we would fill the Ricoh. Also look at the gates city used to get pre Jimmy then see what they became. All this club needs is owners who rely on human interaction rather than algorithmic trading.

And lots of cash...

Fergusons_Beard

Yes. What do you suggest? More apathy?

How about a balance of apathy?

Instead of just ignoring a SISU out petition, we could also ignore the actions of Coventry City Council and Wasps Rugby club.............

Oh hang on ......

It went in off Ferguson's beard....

Samo

How about a balance of apathy?

Instead of just ignoring a SISU out petition, we could also ignore the actions of Coventry City Council and Wasps Rugby club.............

Oh hang on ......

It went in off Ferguson's beard....

You don't think there has already been enough apathy re the royal fucking we have taken from CCC and Wasps?

Grendel

Too much shit to read.

I suppose all those directions you get from Duggins as to what you are allowed to post on here does get very tedious after a while.

Grendel

Have people thought of what might happen if CCFC do leave to play at the BPA (fat chance, IMO) then after a while Wasps decide the move to Cov hasn't worked, then agree with the council to demolish the Ricoh and build houses on it??? That couldn't easily happen if we have a long term lease on the Ricoh, but if we cut ourselves adrift into a small stadium, with no hope of returning to the Ricoh, then we really will be a small L1 outfit.

Bournemouth aren't bothered by small crowds are they? Swansea have thrived with a ground of 20,000

hutch1972

but they dont own anything to knock down ,do they ? The only people who can are CCC and only in 250 years when the lease expires !

Grendel

Not under SISU they wouldn't. Which of course is what the petition and this thread (apparently) are about.

No oucho says we need to stay at the Ricoh as large crowds are required to be successful.

skybluetony176

but they dont own anything to knock down ,do they ? The only people who can are CCC and only in 250 years when the lease expires !

Probably not. I doubt that the building has a design life of more than 100 years if that, so it's most likely going to have to be rebuilt at least twice during the course of the lease which the lease owner would be responsible for not the council. One of the benefits to the council of such a long lease. They haven't got to spend huge sums redeveloping the site repeatedly.

Users who are viewing this thread