O'Hare bids (3 Viewers)

skybluebeduff

Looked happy again in training this morning...

Sort of disregards CovBibles bullshit news this morning...🤫

Hod dog

Still not quite done then! Wonder what the hold up is. BD seemed convinced it was done and dusted yesterday

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

the hold up is Burnely want to Pay over 4 instalments over two years, we want over Two instalments.

shmmeee

Well no, but let’s not pretend and keep calling it “investment”.
Investment implies a return at some point.

what people want is a sugar daddy.

What people want is a sustainable club. At this level even the best run club will lose millions each season without player sales. To get those player sales you need players. If a shop can’t afford to buy stock it doesn’t stay open very long.

The vision sold to us is a team making the most of its means through good scouting and coaching and progressing players. That vision requires a small amount of investment each season that is paid back once we sell our better players.

IIRC Robins is pretty much net zero in terms of transfer spending. He’s always been allowed to reinvest what he makes.

pusbccfc

This constant posting of O'Hare by the official Twitter account will look silly when he moves.

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

Just looking at SSN which is on in the background in the office I work in and if he goes for £9m, it'll be one of only a few transfers in the Championship where the buying club spend money. There's a few undisclosed but the majority are free/loans.

I was surprised by that as the feeling I got from the forum was that everyone was spending money. Genuinely not a dig, just an observation really.

Samo

Just looking at SSN which is on in the background in the office I work in and if he goes for £9m, it'll be one of only a few transfers in the Championship where the buying club spend money. There's a few undisclosed but the majority are free/loans.

I was surprised by that as the feeling I got from the forum was that everyone was spending money. Genuinely not a dig, just an observation really.

Championship spend to date: 42.8m (not counting undisclosed obviously)

chiefdave

Fact he’s still training with us means any final deal with us over transfer fees/TCs are far from complete.
If it was a done deal and a deal the club had forced through as they are desperate for the money as some on this thread have suggested surely he wouldn't have played on Saturday.

Not saying he won't go obviously but seems odd to me you'd risk him getting injured in a meaningless friendly if you had a deal done to bring in millions.

edgy

If it was a done deal and a deal the club had forced through as they are desperate for the money as some on this thread have suggested surely he wouldn't have played on Saturday.

Not saying he won't go obviously but seems odd to me you'd risk him getting injured in a meaningless friendly if you had a deal done to bring in millions.

The notion of the club forcing a deal through is utter tripe. And I suspect the people stating stuff like this are weirdly trying to find a negative angle to throw at Boddy.

We will always sell players, but it appears we are in control now and not the buying club.

oldfiver

For a bit of perspective, if it is £8m, even before add ons, I believe it would be the biggest Championship to Championship transfer fee since Assombalonga 5 years ago probably? And in the Top 10 all time?
People keep saying about £10m+ etc. but it just doesn't happen anymore. To get that sort of money you'd need Premier League interest.

Not totally related but just as you mentioned Huddersfield; Lewis O'Brien & Harry Toffolo joining Forest at £10m for the pair.
Given O'Brien's quality & the fact he has a longer contract than O'Hare, say £7/8m for him looks cheap in comparison.

Huddersfield owners want money back!

SlowerThanPlatt

Interesting…

Have Burnley agreed a deal for the player?

No, although the Clarets are understood to have come back with renewed bids for O’Hare, CoventryLive understands that they have not yet met City’s valuation to trigger a conversation.

What’s Coventry’s valuation for the player?

CoventryLive understands that City will not entertain a deal unless it runs towards double figures, so at the top end of the £9-£10million scale.

Has O’Hare spoken to Burnley or agreed personal terms?

No, players are not allowed to speak to buying clubs until given permission by their own club to do so. Until City accept a bid for O’Hare, or any other player for that matter, they are not officially allowed to discuss personal terms including wages and length of contract with another club.

Winny the Bish

Interesting…

Have Burnley agreed a deal for the player?

No, although the Clarets are understood to have come back with renewed bids for O’Hare, CoventryLive understands that they have not yet met City’s valuation to trigger a conversation.

What’s Coventry’s valuation for the player?

CoventryLive understands that City will not entertain a deal unless it runs towards double figures, so at the top end of the £9-£10million scale.

Has O’Hare spoken to Burnley or agreed personal terms?

No, players are not allowed to speak to buying clubs until given permission by their own club to do so. Until City accept a bid for O’Hare, or any other player for that matter, they are not officially allowed to discuss personal terms including wages and length of contract with another club.

£10m for COH would be great business.

Users who are viewing this thread