O'Hare bids (1 Viewer)

shepardo01

Seeing as it has been rumoured by a reliable ITK that we have had bids for "all three" of our big three in the last week,
Here is the O'Hare thread......
Off we go....

alexccfc99

He WILL be on the pitch at the Stadium of Light in five weeks time.

I just don't know what shirt he will be wearing. ;)

If he is to go I really doubt he’d go there, Sunderland’s owner has come out and said they aren’t going to be throwing money at it

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Apparently Burnley in fir O’hare, rumour rooted from Nixon

robbiekeane

Apparently Burnley in fir O’hare, rumour rooted from Nixon
Not sure that would fit his style really

ccfc1234

Looking at the 2nd half improvement yesterday COH was a big part of that popping up between the lines and committing defenders. We need to keep hold of him for his playing ability and also as he is hero worshiped by out young fans as he is relatable.
The money being talked about for Potter from Hull would need to be offered and still hope it's not.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not sure you can put a price on O’Hare he’s that important to our play plus he must be one of the first names on the team sheet.

When you see what some average players are going for he’s priceless to us!!

Difference is clubs know we haven’t got a pot to piss in which weakens our bargaining power. Hence why Hull can ask for £20 mill for Lewis-Potter and we’re looking somewhat lower for our ‘big 3’

Sky Blue Harry H

He'll be worth more in 12 months time. Hang fire and it's a win win. We have the benefit for 12 more months plus get extra money if we have to sell. Kasey Palmer will be worth £10m by then, too !

Last edited:

1ccfc

He'll be worth more in 12 months time. Hang fire and it's a win win. We have the benefit for 12 more months plus get extra money if we have to sell. Kasey Palmer will be worth £10m by then, too !
Maybe not though. In 12 months time he'll be entering the final year of his contract. He might be a better player in a year, but the power shifts towards the player in terms of what he wants to do. His value will also reflect he's only got 12 months left.

slowpoke

Maybe not though. In 12 months time he'll be entering the final year of his contract. He might be a better player in a year, but the power shifts towards the player in terms of what he wants to do. His value will also reflect he's only got 12 months left.
He might be a Premiership player then

Paxman II

You don't sell your best players key to how you play, to rival clubs in the same league. Everyone under estimates our position. We donot need to sell. We will not sell unless an enormous offer is put on the table. That is not going to happen. Most clubs post pandemic are watching their pennies. Norwich and Burnley have to adapt and get players off their wage bill. Regardless of parachute payments they will need to be cautious, their debts still exist. Sunderland have not go a pot to piss in, wages is the area they can do more than us, they will draw 30+ fans every week. They won't be a force this season.
The time to get worried will be January's window. Players like O'Hare & Gokeres could be targets for clubs if they have shown top form for us. Then it will depend on where we are in the league ourselves. Hamer looked all but gone a few weeks ago, but still here. We are not the only club with a few decent players on other clubs radar. Anyway I rate Godden as our top player and no one is calling for him?
I would be surprised to see any of them leave.

SlowerThanPlatt

You don't sell your best players key to how you play, to rival clubs in the same league. Everyone under estimates our position. We donot need to sell. We will not sell unless an enormous offer is put on the table. That is not going to happen. Most clubs post pandemic are watching their pennies. Norwich and Burnley have to adapt and get players off their wage bill. Regardless of parachute payments they will need to be cautious, their debts still exist. Sunderland have not go a pot to piss in, wages is the area they can do more than us, they will draw 30+ fans every week. They won't be a force this season.
The time to get worried will be January's window. Players like O'Hare & Gokeres could be targets for clubs if they have shown top form for us. Then it will depend on where we are in the league ourselves. Hamer looked all but gone a few weeks ago, but still here. We are not the only club with a few decent players on other clubs radar. Anyway I rate Godden as our top player and no one is calling for him?
Sunderland just paid £2m for a centre back

stupot07

I think you are overestimating the effect of the pandemic and underestimating our finances. Every player has a price, if a valuation is met, the player will be sold. Norwich in particular are in a decent position financially, I believe they made over £20m profit only a year or so ago, and they haven't overspent in the PL.

Haven't Burnley rumoured to have paid over £4m for Twine?

Watford have paid £5.2m for Bayo, Millwall £2.25m for Flemming, Swansea £2m for centre back Darling,

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Teams worse than us are outspending us and not just this season, I dont see in the long run how we will continue our progression without an increase to the budget per season as Sunderland (welly backed obviously) spent more than our budget on 1 player. I obviously still think that we will go up at some point but if it is to happen it needs to be either by luck or all players hitting form/potential around the same time which I dont see happening, but hopefully we get new owners which aren’t tinpot like Shitsu (isnt that a dog breed)

WestEndAgro

I think you are overestimating the effect of the pandemic and underestimating our finances. Every player has a price, if a valuation is met, the player will be sold. Norwich in particular are in a decent position financially, I believe they made over £20m profit only a year or so ago, and they haven't overspent in the PL.

Haven't Burnley rumoured to have paid over £4m for Twine?

Watford have paid £5.2m for Bayo, Millwall £2.25m for Flemming, Swansea £2m for centre back Darling,

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
These transfer fee's are nowhere near the sums we are trying/hoping to achieve.

Users who are viewing this thread