O'Hare bids (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

Interesting…

Have Burnley agreed a deal for the player?

No, although the Clarets are understood to have come back with renewed bids for O’Hare, CoventryLive understands that they have not yet met City’s valuation to trigger a conversation.

What’s Coventry’s valuation for the player?

CoventryLive understands that City will not entertain a deal unless it runs towards double figures, so at the top end of the £9-£10million scale.

Has O’Hare spoken to Burnley or agreed personal terms?

No, players are not allowed to speak to buying clubs until given permission by their own club to do so. Until City accept a bid for O’Hare, or any other player for that matter, they are not officially allowed to discuss personal terms including wages and length of contract with another club.
Well that can't be right, don't they check this thread. Its all agreed and he's going for £6m.

mark82

Interesting…

Have Burnley agreed a deal for the player?

No, although the Clarets are understood to have come back with renewed bids for O’Hare, CoventryLive understands that they have not yet met City’s valuation to trigger a conversation.

What’s Coventry’s valuation for the player?

CoventryLive understands that City will not entertain a deal unless it runs towards double figures, so at the top end of the £9-£10million scale.

Has O’Hare spoken to Burnley or agreed personal terms?

No, players are not allowed to speak to buying clubs until given permission by their own club to do so. Until City accept a bid for O’Hare, or any other player for that matter, they are not officially allowed to discuss personal terms including wages and length of contract with another club.

Think somewhere around £8m - £10m (plus add ons/sell on) is probably about right to be honest.

SlowerThanPlatt

A bid hasn’t been accepted yet then and isn’t on his way to Burnley as we were told last night? Hence why he’s still training with us

mark82

A bid hasn’t been accepted yet then and isn’t on his way to Burnley as we were told last night? Hence why he’s still training with us

Not sure BD necessarily said it had all been agreed, but that it would happen. I'm fine with it as long as we get the right price and reinvest.

AFCCOVENTRY

Think somewhere around £8m - £10m (plus add ons/sell on) is probably about right to be honest.

Ultimately what really gets a deal going is how much cash we get upfront. £3m upfront on a deal going to potentially £9m isn’t as attractive as £5m upfront going to £9m. Any deals that are ‘potentially’ is risky. No guarantees Burnley will get promoted and CoH gets international caps (as an example).

Briles

Imagine if he didn’t go, Every female Cov fan will want his babies!!

If he doesn't go the pressure on him to perform would be enormous (un deservedly)

fernandopartridge

Ultimately what really gets a deal going is how much cash we get upfront. £3m upfront on a deal going to potentially £9m isn’t as attractive as £5m upfront going to £9m. Any deals that are ‘potentially’ is risky. No guarantees Burnley will get promoted and CoH gets international caps (as an example).

Being paid £9m in installments is different from £9m subject to conditions. The former is fine unless you need the cashflow. The latter is less attractive.

jordan210

When Burnley ask for the price of COH

giphy.gif

mr_monkey

Does sound like Burnley need to get some money for Cornet first. Think he has just gone to Portugal on their pre-season tour.

Aparently Everton were in for him but they wanted a loan to buy which Burnley rejected (makes sense now if they need the money for O'Hare)

But tbf it is Nixon so I wouldn't be surprised if O'Hare ends up leaving this afternoon 😂

Skyblueweeman

Championship spend to date: 42.8m (not counting undisclosed obviously)

Yeah saw there were a few decent sized transfers but overall on the list that I saw on SSN, the majority were Free or Loans.

I wonder how that figures compare season on season as well?

KenilworthSkyBlue

Is Cornet leaving them a done deal / close? Not really been following that one.

No. Everton initially made a loan enquiry but Burnley are only listening to permanent offers that match Cornet's buy-out clause apparently - which is £17.5m. A few clubs are interested but I'd question whether they'll pay that.

Old Warwickshire lad

That's exactly how players talk to each other when one of them gets a big offer Hobo
Especially at our level where almost all of them will have to find another job when they finish playing
What would any of us do in their shoes?
We would take the money. Good luck to the kid If I ever bump in to him I will wish him luck and say thanks for everything.

SlowerThanPlatt

I'd imagine so. Difficult to improve on last season when two of your best players have been sold and little has been made available for him this summer. That certainly would've been a big factor in him choosing to resign.

Thought he did a decent job there but can’t imagine he’s going to get a Prem job? Maybe will find somewhere back in his native

Users who are viewing this thread