O'Hare bids (5 Viewers)

SkyBlueMatt

chillout-gordon-ramsay.gif

A fee for O'Hare apparently hasn't been even agreed yet. Now we're talking about Robins resigning because he's not getting any of the funds that don't exist.

It is bat sh*t crazy on here sometimes.

KenilworthSkyBlue

He will run out of patience at some point if he's not being backed.

As I said...within reason.

Hypothetically if players are continually sold and monies aren't reinvested back into the playing budget then there's no point being in the Championship anyway as regardless who's the manager relegation is inevitable.

robbiekeane

What people want is a sustainable club. At this level even the best run club will lose millions each season without player sales. To get those player sales you need players. If a shop can’t afford to buy stock it doesn’t stay open very long.

The vision sold to us is a team making the most of its means through good scouting and coaching and progressing players. That vision requires a small amount of investment each season that is paid back once we sell our better players.

IIRC Robins is pretty much net zero in terms of transfer spending. He’s always been allowed to reinvest what he makes.
Yes, but in the championship with significantly higher wages he’s not going to get all of it back is he. This isn’t FIFA.

They probably need to budget for X amount a year to cover running costs and wages etc.

We didn’t sell anybody significant last summer. This summer we need to sell someone and won’t get all of the money back to reinvest. That is literally a sustainable model as you describe it.

I wish we had an owner who was a fan and would pump £20m extra in every year and never gets bored as much as most do. But let’s not pretend it’s “investment”.

mr_monkey

chillout-gordon-ramsay.gif

A fee for O'Hare apparently hasn't been even agreed yet. Now we're talking about Robins resigning because he's not getting any of the funds that don't exist.

It is bat sh*t crazy on here sometimes.

It's odd isn't it, we get good news today that nothing has been agreed yet the same people who were slagging off the club at the weekend and believing all the nonsense are now trying to spin this into a negative

Samo

Again, the same as every year.

But its not the same every year is it?
The last 2 years we have spent million plus sums on players, this year we apparently can't manage a single outgoing fee without sales.

Reactions: vow

shmmeee

I'd imagine so. Difficult to improve on last season when two of your best players have been sold and little has been made available for him this summer. That certainly would've been a big factor in him choosing to resign.
Yes, but in the championship with significantly higher wages he’s not going to get all of it back is he. This isn’t FIFA.

They probably need to budget for X amount a year to cover running costs and wages etc.

We didn’t sell anybody significant last summer. This summer we need to sell someone and won’t get all of the money back to reinvest. That is literally a sustainable model as you describe it.

I wish we had an owner who was a fan and would pump £20m extra in every year and never gets bored as much as most do. But let’s not pretend it’s “investment”.

Who is on about £20m a year from the owners? Who is this person you’re arguing with?

If your business mode is developing young players for profit then yes signing young players is investment.

Nick

Administrator
But its not the same every year is it?
The last 2 years we have spent million plus sums on players, this year we apparently can't manage a single outgoing fee without sales.

We have literally already made one.

Samo

We have literally already made one.

Are you referring to the 'undisclosed' for Palmer from Bristol who couldn't wait to get rid of him?

shmmeee

Oh I thought you just meant a fee, I didn't know you would be moving the goalposts.

Doesn't matter if people want to get rid of things, according to some the club can't wait to get rid of O'Hare so does that mean it will be free?

I don’t think we know the actual details for Palmer, heard undisclosed and free and free but we’re taking on his £20k/week ages for a year.

Samo

Oh I thought you just meant a fee, I didn't know you would be moving the goalposts.

Doesn't matter if people want to get rid of things, according to some the club can't wait to get rid of O'Hare so does that mean it will be free?

Nick, its not an attractive trait when you can never be wrong. How did I change the goalposts, please read back.

SlowerThanPlatt

I don’t think we know the actual details for Palmer, heard undisclosed and free and free but we’re taking on his £20k/week ages for a year.

That’s what I asked the Bristol City fan who posted it, whether it was hearsay or said at a fans forum. If we are taking on 20k a week then maybe he is the O’Hare replacement 😮

Nick

Administrator
Nick, its not an attractive trait when you can never be wrong. How did I change the goalposts, please read back.

You said we couldn't manage a single outgoing fee.

I gave you an example, then it doesn't count because they wanted rid of him and it was undisclosed.

Simple thing is, we have managed an outgoing fee already this pre-season. Just because it doesn't suit your narrative it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Samo

You said we couldn't manage a single outgoing fee.

I gave you an example, then it doesn't count because they wanted rid of him and it was undisclosed.

Oh please! It was his fucking bus fare!

shmmeee

That’s what I asked the Bristol City fan who posted it, whether it was hearsay or said at a fans forum. If we are taking on 20k a week then maybe he is the O’Hare replacement 😮

Or we’ve seen it as a £500k fee, depends what he’s on next season if it’s true.

Users who are viewing this thread