Marosi (2 Viewers)

SeaSeeEffCee

Think it’s critical that we get someone in sharpish. Playing Wilson for our ‘easy’ run in December could be the difference between us staying up or going down.

ccfcricoh

Not sure if mentioned before but Westwood also injured for Wednesday as well last night so they are after someone apparently.

Who would have thought there'd be competition for out of contract keepers all of a sudden!

Hopefully the 6-8 weeks doesnt come to fruition and its more like 3-4

no_loyalty

Bad timing that Monk got sacked when he did otherwise we could have signed Kieran Westwood on an emergency loan, I reckon we will end up signing Lee Camp on a short term deal. I wouldn't mind Spurs third choice keeper on loan.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Surely the club should be trying to get some retrospective action against their player?

How would it benefit us now, unless he'd be suspended against us? What if the game he'd miss would be against someone like Wycombe and thus increase their chances of getting a result, affecting our own chances of survival.

Really not worth us pursuing.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As he's 'protected' a bit more in goal it might be a couple of weeks with the mask. But not worth risking against Norwich whiich will be a tough game anyway

But would it affect him mentally in coming for crosses or strecthing that bit further for a fingertip save knowing he's leaving his face unprotected when he hits the ground. Natural instinct is to protect the injury.

Disgruntled Sky Blue

I follow never even showed the goal it was too busy fuckin showing Hamers header.... wankers

Couldn't agree more!! Normally when I can be bothered to listen to Eakin I generally think the opposite is happening. (Never heard anyone get so excited over an attacking throw-in). So while the idiot iFollow video director was showing Hamer's poor header, Clive was describing the goal being scored which I fully expected to be down the other end. Either way I spent that period of time being livid and shouting at the stupid decision to show a replay when the game is in motion only then to see live pictures of Walker celebrating.

I was not happy.

PVA

I remember Wilson saying that when he signed Robins told him it was a genuine fight to be No1, and that he wasn't signed as a No2.

Also Aled Williams said that in that first pre season Wilson and Marosi were neck and neck for the shirt.

But Bradford fans didn't rate him, and he hasn't covered himself in glory in his few apps for us.

Grendel

I will give him a chance, but won't be optimistic...

That said, Marosi's been a bit shaky this season anyway.

Why have him at all. Once second choice gets his chance we need a keeper

NorthernWisdom

Why have him at all. Once second choice gets his chance we need a keeper
Cheap, and overpromoted now. You'd grit your teeth with him for a game or two in the division below.

On a limited budget, it's lower risk that your reserve keeper needs to step in, and hard work to find a decent one who's happy to not play... and even harder when one's already there.

And we need somebody to catch the ball in the last minute.

Bring back Jake Findlay

Grendel

Cheap, and overpromoted now. You'd grit your teeth with him for a game or two in the division below.

On a limited budget, it's lower risk that your reserve keeper needs to step in, and hard work to find a decent one who's happy to not play... and even harder when one's already there.

And we need somebody to catch the ball in the last minute.

Bring back Jake Findlay

John Filan was our best second choice keeper in recentish times

better days

Think Marosi is going to be out for a lengthy period unfortunately
We can't bring in an emergency loan so I reckon we will bring in an out of contract keeper as cover for Wilson

jordan210

2nd goalkeepers have crazy stats. Looking at out of contract players

Rob Elliot for example was with Newcastle for 9 seasons. only played 55 times the last time playing was 17/18 season.

Andy Lonergan signed for Liverpool never played. before that was on loan for Rochdale and only made 7 appearances in 2018/19 season

Luke Steele hasn't played since 2018/19 and only made 2 appearances.

87 n all that

Is Camp really that bad? I only really watch City and the odd Prem game so I have to google every player we sign. Seems to have vast Championship experience so might be a good short term fix.

87 n all that

He wasn't that bad. Tbf I've no idea what he's like now. I suspect not great if he hasn't got a club but... I'd take him over Wilson, too.
We’re going to need experience until Marosi is back. Harsh on Wilson. I’m all for giving everyone a chance but like most I’m not convinced he’ll be the answer. I hope he gets a game on Saturday and proves me wrong but Marosi will probably be out for quite a while so we definitely need to bring a keeper in, preferably one who’s proven in this league.

87 n all that

It’s funny to think that stockdale who we had on loan last season was 4th choice at Brum on allegedly circa 40k per week and is now a reserve for Wycombe. He would have been ideal for us to compete with Marosi and doubt Wycombe will be paying him much.

no_loyalty

Is Camp really that bad? I only really watch City and the odd Prem game so I have to google every player we sign. Seems to have vast Championship experience so might be a good short term fix.

Have you watched the Sunderland documentary on Netflix?

Grendel

It’s funny to think that stockdale who we had on loan last season was 4th choice at Brum on allegedly circa 40k per week and is now a reserve for Wycombe. He would have been ideal for us to compete with Marosi and doubt Wycombe will be paying him much.

He’s reserve to Ryan Alsopp isn’t he?

D

Deleted member 2477

Burge is no longer first choice at scumberland. Perhaps he fancies a trip back for sentimental reasons

Users who are viewing this thread