Marosi (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Robins has confirmed he needs to bring in emergency cover.

As for drafting in a replacement, Robins said: “We need to have a look now and see if we can do anything. We have got one fit goalkeeper so we have to do something if we can.

“I have no idea whether we can do an emergency loan or can’t. We have to wait and see but we need to do something that’s for sure.”

ccfc92

Robins has confirmed he needs to bring in emergency cover.

As for drafting in a replacement, Robins said: “We need to have a look now and see if we can do anything. We have got one fit goalkeeper so we have to do something if we can.

“I have no idea whether we can do an emergency loan or can’t. We have to wait and see but we need to do something that’s for sure.”

Fuck me, if the managers don't know the ins and outs of the EFL rules, what hope do we all have?

Brighton Sky Blue

List of current free agent keepers

AFCCOVENTRY

I’ve checked the rules and it says if no senior goalkeeper is available you can use the emergency loan. Don’t think we can use it.

Will have to be an out of contract keeper.

hinckley cov

This is a time that can make or break a keeper we have Wilson and Billson , sound like a couple of dodgy bookies, Robins should just play the better one. Anyone remember Strachan keeping an injured Marcus Hedman on rather than put rookie substitute Chris Kirkland on we lost to a long range speculate shot and lost v Middlesbrough I think. Did my end up too bad a keeper did he. And years ago in a relegation fight Jim Blythe got crocked and a young Les Sealey came in and was brilliant. Billson is 20 if he’s old enough to have been a sub he should be good enough to play. And then the here was the kid pulled out of the stands to play against top of table Norwich.
Think it was Steve murcote or something like that

AFCCOVENTRY

What happens if the rest of our keepers have to isolate because of covid?

You can do emergency loans if no senior keepers are available.

however Wilson is available so we can’t do a loan. Has to be a short term contract for someone.

Nick

Administrator
Surely the club should be trying to get some retrospective action against their player?

Hobo

Marosi is key to the way we play. Although the last 2 games we have been playing it out less from the back. Just claiming that cross at the end will hopefully give Wilson a little confidence. I don't think think Marosi will be back soon looking at his eye when he walked off. Big opportunity for Wilson to prove the doubters wrong.

In my book Marosi's strength is his saves and not his distribution and playing out from the back. His distribution isn't terrible but at times his descision making does put us under pressure and is his weakness.

That said his injury means we will be without, on the whole, a very reliable keeper. We are not having much luck with injuries are we!

But lets give Wilson a chance first. Remember people were saying McFadzean and Kelly would not be good enough for this level and have been proved wrong.

Sky Blue Pete

In my book Marosi's strength is his saves and not his distribution and playing out from the back. His distribution isn't terrible but at times his descision making does put us under pressure and is his weakness.

That said his injury means we will be without, on the whole, a very reliable keeper. We are not having much luck with injuries are we!

But lets give Wilson a chance first. Remember people were saying McFadzean and Kelly would not be good enough for this level and have been proved wrong.
I don’t think there’s any chance of Wilson being given a go. They will be working very hard to bring in a short term Replacement between now and Saturday no question. Wilson was a back up in league 1

covboy1987

Fucking Morrison should have gone, took Marko out. On a yellow and knew exactly what he was doing. Marosi was fuming and rightly so!!!
totally agre refreee was woeful
Fucking Morrison should have gone, took Marko out. On a yellow and knew exactly what he was doing. Marosi was fuming and rightly so!!!
Oggy commentating dident see anything wrong with the challenge?? which more than surpised me as i thought it was a defo red card - not sure if oggy is a fan of Marosi as he dosent seem to warm to him and seems to dislike his dribbling skills -

Mcbean

What about we let Robbins sort it out - some of comments on here are not constructive - if it is Wilson temporarily then so be it

KenilworthSkyBlue

Insisting we give a chance to sub-par players is completely illogical and will only lead to lost points and/or games.

Wilson showed nothing in his few cameos in cup competitions last season to suggest that he was up to the standard. So, what evidence is there to suggest he'd thrive in the Championship? Your intent of good faith is both naive and baseless.

We need to bring someone in as cover. It isn't a matter of opinion or debate. He's not good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread