Marosi (1 Viewer)

shepardo01

I'd rather Wilson start than Camp Saturday any day of the week as he has been involved in more regular training knows our style and knows our players there I've said it - training in the background with a club just to maintain some sort of game fitness in the case of Camp is not the same thing!
Is Camp training with anybody?

Stockdale was training every day with Birmingham so throwing him in was an easier decision for Robins to make.
Plus we were mid table in league 1.

If Camp is not training there is no way he'll be thrown straight in.

As I have said before, we have been looking at adding another keeper for a while.

As I have also said before, I'm not sure Camp is a good option regardless. I haven't looked at what Keepers are currently unattached but I can't imagine for one minute that he is one of the best available (i know we also have to look at other factors)
All blues fans i know were very vocal about how shite they thought he was, he was kind of a comedy figure. Sunderland fans also thought the same.

I honestly can't see us getting anybody in before Saturday. We'll have Wilson in goal.

Whether that is a good thing or not, we'll soon find out as there is no doubt he'll be busy against Norwich.

Skybluefaz

Stockdale was training every day with Birmingham so throwing him in was an easier decision for Robins to make.

As I have said before, we have been looking at adding another keeper for a while.

As I have also said before, I'm not sure Camp is a good option regardless. I haven't looked at what Keepers are currently unattached but I can't imagine for one minute that he is one of the best available (i know we also have to look at other factors)
All blues fans i know were very vocal about how shite they thought he was, he was kind of a comedy figure. Sunderland fans also thought the same.

I honestly can't see us getting anybody in before Saturday. We'll have Wilson in goal.

Whether that is a good thing or not, we'll soon find out as there is no doubt he'll be busy against Norwich.
Are you Mark Robins?

TomRad85

Camp is training with Sheffield Wednesday

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shepardo01

No, you are just very ITK. Fair play, do you know who we've been looking at in goal?
No more than a couple of others on here.
And no. I actually don't. Was told about 4/5 weeks ago about looking at another keeper. Before the original Camp link came out.
I would be surprised if it was him. But for all I know it could be....

shepardo01

And no. I actually don't. Was told about 4/5 weeks ago about looking at another keeper. Before the original Camp link came out.
....... ok, so I think I might have to be surprised!! ;)

Skybluefaz

giphy.gif

Speedies_Chips

2nd goalkeepers have crazy stats. Looking at out of contract players

Rob Elliot for example was with Newcastle for 9 seasons. only played 55 times the last time playing was 17/18 season.

Andy Lonergan signed for Liverpool never played. before that was on loan for Rochdale and only made 7 appearances in 2018/19 season

Luke Steele hasn't played since 2018/19 and only made 2 appearances.
Didn’t Oggy also spend a while at Liverpool without getting a game before he moved to Shrewsbury?

Ccfcisparks

Wilson was fortunate to be backup last year. He isn’t good enough for this level. I hope he takes his chance but I’d be much more comfortable with Camp.

steve cooper

Wilson should play on Saturday to give us time to look for a decent option until Jan. Camp doesn't sound like a good option to me. I know money is an issue but there seems to be several good keepers without a club. I would be surprised if there isn't at least one who would come on the cheap until January in the hope of winning a contract somewhere. Any keeper training with a club to keep fit isn't getting paid, so it would make sense for someone in that position to play whilst trying to find a longer term contract.

PVA

Tim Krul is injured for Norwich so at least we'll both be fielding second choice keepers at the weekend!

Skybluebeliever

If we decide to bring a keeper in we need to make sure we get someone comfortable with taking crosses , this will surely take pressure of our defence , Wilson took that cross really well last night and you could see the effect that had . Marosi I feel has been lacking in this

shmmeee

I do feel if we’re going to play how we are a keeper who can command their box is probably more important than one who can ping passes around.

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

If we decide to bring a keeper in we need to make sure we get someone comfortable with taking crosses , this will surely take pressure of our defence , Wilson took that cross really well last night and you could see the effect that had . Marosi I feel has been lacking in this
See the effect it had? Do you mean it really lifted us for the remaining 30 seconds of the game?

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

Didn’t Suckling come out of the crowd to play against Norwich?

It was Steve Murcott that came out of the stands (he was a registered player). Murcott only played that single game for the club.

Perry Suckling was drafted into the first team by Bobby Gould after Raddy Avramovic mishandled the ball into his goal against Stoke. Gould said Avramovic would never play for the club again, but Perry wasn't quite ready to step up and conceded a lot of goals (8 v Southampton, 5 v Liverpool, 4 v Man U, Arsenal and Spurs). Even when we were getting hammered every week, Gould was too pig headed to let Avramovic play again and he has since admitted this was a mistake.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Camp isn’t a bad goalkeeper - the guy has campaigned mostly in the top 2 tiers so he’s a good short term solution.

if I recall he’s a decent penalty stopper - given our recent problems, might not be a bad thing

Magwitch

Outside, the winner of the game would go top, they gave it loads after going 2 nil up then we won 3-2 courtesy of a late O'Hare winner and as soon as the goal went in a load of their young lads wen't outside and jumped whoever they could find in a cov shirt.
They did to our little group containing an eleven and 13 year old but it also contained their uncle head of security at Scholars at the time and two of his colleagues the first unfortunate Blackpool knuckle dragged got a nose like a ducks foot, literally and his poor accomplice probably didn’t chew any meat until his new dentures were fitted.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Oggy played 4 games in 5 years for Liverpool. Was going to mention that earlier...

But he was under 23 at that time - not unusual for keepers to not be first teamers at that age then, esp at big clubs. Often didn't become regulars until mid-late 20's and play well into their 30's. Arguably not much different for most now.

Wilson however is already in his late 20's.

Magwitch

If that news is correct signing another keeper is essential whether Wilson gets the nod or not need another in for the bench at least. I hope Joy remembers the code to her handbag.

Users who are viewing this thread