Marosi (2 Viewers)

Hobo

I don’t think there’s any chance of Wilson being given a go. They will be working very hard to bring in a short term Replacement between now and Saturday no question. Wilson was a back up in league 1

No Wilson has been our back up in the Championship so far. Robins saying we need to try and bring someone in as cover as we are down to one fit keeper - doesnt automatically mean the person coming in will go ahead of Wilson. It may be that we cant bring someone in anyway. The club must have some faith in Wilson as he has been our back up to date rather than bring someone in in the summer.

Hobo

Insisting we give a chance to sub-par players is completely illogical and will only lead to lost points and/or games.

Wilson showed nothing in his few cameos in cup competitions last season to suggest that he was up to the standard. So, what evidence is there to suggest he'd thrive in the Championship? Your intent of good faith is both naive and baseless.

We need to bring someone in as cover. It isn't a matter of opinion or debate. He's not good enough.

The evidence is the club have had Wilson so far as back up. So they must have some faith in his ability to take the gamble in the summer not to bring anyone in.

Skybluefaz

No Wilson has been our back up in the Championship so far. Robins saying we need to try and bring someone in as cover as we are down to one fit keeper - doesnt automatically mean the person coming in will go ahead of Wilson. It may be that we cant bring someone in anyway. The club must have some faith in Wilson as he has been our back up to date rather than bring someone in in the summer.
If you don't have a big budget, you don't waste £'s on a back up keeper who may not be needed. Wilson is Burge level. Robins is not going to come out and say we're getting a keeper in because Wilson is shite either is he?

Hobo

I am not saying the situation is ideal. But sometimes with injuries you have to play the next best you have.

At the moment like it or not Wilson is the only option.

cc84cov

I am not saying the situation is ideal. But sometimes with injuries you have to play the next best you have.

At the moment like it or not Wilson is the only option.
Not according to the manager who has said he’s going to look to do something

fernandopartridge

If you don't have a big budget, you don't waste £'s on a back up keeper who may not be needed. Wilson is Burge level. Robins is not going to come out and say we're getting a keeper in because Wilson is shite either is he?

Burge is a better keeper than Wilson from what I have seen. I'd be content with Burge playing whilst Marosi was injured (if he was still at the club of course)

Grendel

Not according to the manager who has said he’s going to look to do something

He said he does t know the rules so will try to

KenilworthSkyBlue

The evidence is the club have had Wilson so far as back up. So they must have some faith in his ability to take the gamble in the summer not to bring anyone in.

We brought him in because he was a cheap option. There's a reason why he's 28 and played little over 60 games throughout his whole career.

Grendel

Burge is a better keeper than Wilson from what I have seen. I'd be content with Burge playing whilst Marosi was injured (if he was still at the club of course)

Wilson has only played 29 league games and he’s nearly 29 which suggests he’s really not up to standard at all

Jesse Carver

List of current free agent keepers

Nyland shares an agent with Østigård - Jim Solbakken who seems to represent most Norwegians with any talent, he was also Haaland's agent until he signed with Raiola. If Leo's happy here could that hold sway?

KenilworthSkyBlue

Nyland shares an agent with Østigård - Jim Solbakken who seems to represent most Norwegians with any talent, he was also Haaland's agent until he signed with Raiola. If Leo's happy here could that hold sway?

In terms of bringing in a temporary replacement I think the overarching issue is more with regards to available funds rather than whether the club has the sway to bring in a player.

AFCCOVENTRY

From what I’ve read we can’t do an emergency loan. So free agent is what we need to get. Might be some willing to play for free to earn a deal. Never know. So many players out of contract.

jordan210

From what I’ve read we can’t do an emergency loan. So free agent is what we need to get. Might be some willing to play for free to earn a deal. Never know. So many players out of contract.

This is my understanding of the rules too.

It all depends if someone can argue that Wilson isn't a pro. He has only made 1 app for us in 2 years in league. But the rules are not crystal clear on what makes a player a full pro.

But has he has 20 odd games in EFL you would guess they would class him as one.

Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 10.24.49.png

So a free agent is probs our best bet. Esp if Marko is out 6 weeks+ but will all depend on funds we can make available in a quick space of time.

Issue we have is we need cover for Wilson unless we call up Bilson from U23's

TomRad85

In terms of bringing in a temporary replacement I think the overarching issue is more with regards to available funds rather than whether the club has the sway to bring in a player.
I would hope this is the kind of situation where the club has some rainy day funds. We cannot be going into this group of important fixtures with Wilson in goal.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Surely its not just Wilson who would need to be classed as a pro, will need a sub keeper as well. If we claim we haven't got anyone for the bench and they let us bring someone in can they then stop him playing ahead of Wilson? Wouldn't have thought so.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I would hope this is the kind of situation where the club has some rainy day funds. We cannot be going into this group of important fixtures with Wilson in goal.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Usually I think we would do. But given the financial predicament all clubs are in at the minute, I think rainy day funds are probably something of a luxury.

jordan210

Surely its not just Wilson who would need to be classed as a pro, will need a sub keeper as well. If we claim we haven't got anyone for the bench and they let us bring someone in can they then stop him playing ahead of Wilson? Wouldn't have thought so.

Rule 57 if you want to try and work it out.

57 Emergency Goalkeeper Loan

57.1 If all the Professional Goalkeepers at a Club are unavailable as a result of having been:

57.1.1 certified by an independent medical practitioner as being unfit to play;

57.1.2 suspended; or

57.1.3 called up to play for his national association representative matches in accordance with the requirements of FIFA as laid down from time to time,

a Club may register (either before or after the deadlines laid down in Regulations 43.2 and 43.3), a further goalkeeper on a short term basis in accordance with the following provisions.

57.2 The Club must supply to The League written evidence to demonstrate the circumstances set out in Regulation 57.1 apply, together with the appropriate form(s) for his registration and The League having confirmed that the circumstances conform to the provisions of this Regulation:

57.2.1 in respect of any fixture played on a weekday when the Office is normally open, at least three hours before the match; or

57.2.2 in respect of any other fixture:

(a) 12 noon on the day of the match; or

(b) at least three hours before the match,

whichever is the earlier.

Guidance

Medical evidence cannot be accepted from anyone connected to the Club, nor is it acceptable to obtain a report from another Club’s club doctor.

Goalkeepers that have been deemed unavailable cannot be named on a team sheet during the loan period.

Goalkeepers on an Emergency Goalkeeper loan may be recalled by their Parent Club during the period of the loan in exceptional circumstances and subject to the approval of the League (i.e. as per the similar rights in the context of Standard Loans of goalkeepers).

Clubs should be aware that the Premier League does not permit Premier League Clubs to send goalkeepers on seven day emergency loans into the EFL.

57.3 The period of any Emergency Goalkeeper Loan:

57.3.1 shall be for a period of seven days, inclusive of the starting date and finishing date; and

57.3.2 may be renewed for seven days at a time, subject to compliance with Regulation 57.2 in respect of each proposed renewal.

57.4 Any goalkeeper registered under the provisions of this Regulation must be included in the starting 11 on the Team Sheet, and must start the Match

57.5 The provisions of Regulation 54.4.2 shall not apply to an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan.

Briles

We will get Lee camp as he's a free agent, experienced and local.

Liquid Gold

When was the last time the rule was updated? If it's the same when we got Stockdale in we should be able as I'm sure we could have just played LOB then.

Users who are viewing this thread