LONGEST TRAVELLED CCFC FANS - examples ??? (1 Viewer)

Just wondering the extent people travel to each home game at the Ricoh.

Couple next to me travel from Bath and return every home game even night games - that's 113 miles (Google Earth) x 2 = 226 miles round trip.

Anyone beat that ???

PUSB

scroobiustom

238 mile round trip from Greenwich

WillenhallSkyBlues

I come over every home game from greenland I have to take a boat to denmark then a flight to holland then to Birmingham international haven't been since before Christmas thou

Astute

I used to do 220 miles each way from the other side of the lake district until I had a change of shifts at work. I don't get many weekends off anymore. The good thing about my journey is nearly all of it is on one road.

steveo1987

Milton Keynes via Banbury to pick someone up,then up the m40.130 mile round trip,but worth it,just can't give this shit up.

pusbccfc

Takes me an hour to get two buses from eastern green!;)

InterSkyBlues

140 miles round trip season ticket holder from Peterborough

Rummermill - I'm ex-Bahrain having spent 3 years in Manama until fairly recently. Would have loved to have had a CCFC supporters club whilst there - that would have been quite amusing with a membership of 2 lol. Hope the problems have died down now. Who do you work for?

SkyBlueBen

380 mile round trip from Devon. Cost of petrol limits me to a few home games and a few away games per season sadly. Funnily enough League 1 would bring more matches within reach. Should I therefore wish for relegation???? lol

skybluelee

380 mile round trip from Devon. Cost of petrol limits me to a few home games and a few away games per season sadly. Funnily enough League 1 would bring more matches within reach. Should I therefore wish for relegation???? lol

I know. Bournemuth, Yeovil and Exeter all just down the road for me too.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I come over every home game from greenland I have to take a boat to denmark then a flight to holland then to Birmingham international haven't been since before Christmas thou

:thinking about: Hmmmmm.............. I think someone's telling porkys here! ;)

SkyBluePryce

I'm also from Bath, so i also travel 226 miles, shame i dont know them. Though have travelled from plymouth with a hangover from the night before to watch both Southampton in the cup and ipswich home, not sure how long that is, but believe me with a hangover felt a whole lot longer. :facepalm:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
318 miles round trip (inc. ferry crossing). Unfortunately, I can't make the games due to a number of reasons (main one being no bleedin' money!!)

BackRoomRummermill

140 miles round trip season ticket holder from Peterborough

Rummermill - I'm ex-Bahrain having spent 3 years in Manama until fairly recently. Would have loved to have had a CCFC supporters club whilst there - that would have been quite amusing with a membership of 2 lol. Hope the problems have died down now. Who do you work for?

Hi that would have been funny agreed !! I work for Ultra Electronics , we have some work with the US Navy and ASRY shipyards

I stay in the Gulf Apartments and always in Sherlocks and JJ bars , I have never met a Cov fan here yet.

Trouble still here , though not on news , there was tear gas in Juffair the other night which as you know is man made and the tear gas clouds hanging about all night !! I had to stay and hide in the Pub;)

Hcut PUSB

Makes my 50 mile each way pale in to comparrison, although that said the chapess,s who sit next to me sometimes dont get back to Eastern Green till later than us getting home to Stafford.

I am wondering seeing all these posts who actually lives in the City and attends?:thinking about:

skyblue19

Perhaps need to start a new post 'where in Coventry do you travel from' personally I'm coundon, could walk if I wanted to.

canleykid

I travel from Derby and have been to every home and away game this season and it takes me less time from my house in Derby to the ricoh than it does people from canley to the ricoh on the bus

chiefdave

I travel up from Portsmouth when I can, tend to make more away games than home games these days. As much as the cost (tho the ever rising price of petrol doesn't help!) it's that it takes so bloody long to get to Coventry from Portsmouth. Can only get away with it a handful of times a season.

Gaz

Takes me about 25mins to get to the Ricoh from Burbage.

Take my hat off to those who have to travel major distance every game.

egastap

I travel 3500 miles each way to the Ricoh, from Toronto...plus another 160 miles from London, Ont to Toronto......plus another 120 miles from Gatwick to Coventry. Each round trip is therefore 7,560 miles and costs me about $1,400 per game.

Therefore, I don't make it to many midweek games.....lovl (laughs out VERY loud)

InterSkyBlues

Hi that would have been funny agreed !! I work for Ultra Electronics , we have some work with the US Navy and ASRY shipyards

I stay in the Gulf Apartments and always in Sherlocks and JJ bars , I have never met a Cov fan here yet.

Trouble still here , though not on news , there was tear gas in Juffair the other night which as you know is man made and the tear gas clouds hanging about all night !! I had to stay and hide in the Pub;)

I used to live in Adlia behind KFC which was handy for the stomach. I've done some marine biological and diving work for ASRY in the past and plenty of drinking in JJs lol

Users who are viewing this thread