Supporters forum 30/9/21 (1 Viewer)

usskyblue

Careful shmmee it’s all going too well on the pitch we have to be able to show how shit other things are

you-wouldnt-let-it-lie-vic-reeves.gif

Liquid Gold

Did you read the minutes??? There were public order issues after every game. We asked and raised all these points and they are (now listen) reviewing the safety issue that the greater crowds are causing walking through a limited space. The issue they were trying to resolve was public order offences after every game on the arena footprint. Again if you read the minutes the club didnt answer this the police lead did. And do you know why it was a main part of the agenda and why the police were there??? No!! Because this forum raised it and I put it on the agenda and made sure it was raised.

Decisions are made by those in the room not those in the cheap seats saying boo
Pete, how many times do I have to say this. The issue isn't just that there are more people walking through the space but that the fence actually aggravates public order issues.

Sky Blue Pete

Pete, how many times do I have to say this. The issue isn't just that there are more people walking through the space but that the fence actually aggravates public order issues.
Which is laughable really when all evidence says that that is patently not true. Would you like me to ask for the police stats for you? Or do you think the police officer at the meeting was lying? Or just mistaken?

Liquid Gold

Which is laughable really when all evidence says that that is patently not true. Would you like me to ask for the police stats for you? Or do you think the police officer at the meeting was lying? Or just mistaken?
The police believe that since the fence went up there have been two incidents of trouble (Sunderland and Boro). I have personally witnessed far more of that happening just away from the arena where the police don't see/intervene because the fence puts riles the trouble makers when separated and lets them know where to go to get at each other.

I don't care what the stats say, they are wrong, I've seen it with my own eyes.

I now have to keep my partner close by so she's safe and because she gets worried having also seen trouble BECAUSE OF THE FENCE. This was never the case when we walked straight past the away turnstiles post game.

I can't believe you'd spend the last month talking about police making women feel safer and then when I tell you a woman is feeling unsafe because of idiot police actions (as part of the safety group) you tell me it's laughable.

You can fuck off, I honestly thought you were reasonable but you've gone to a few meetings and turned into a fucking c**t.

It's the last I'm going to say on it, please don't fucking tag me in it anymore.

JAM See

The police believe that since the fence went up there have been two incidents of trouble (Sunderland and Boro). I have personally witnessed far more of that happening just away from the arena where the police don't see/intervene because the fence puts riles the trouble makers when separated and lets them know where to go to get at each other.

I don't care what the stats say, they are wrong, I've seen it with my own eyes.

I now have to keep my partner close by so she's safe and because she gets worried having also seen trouble BECAUSE OF THE FENCE. This was never the case when we walked straight past the away turnstiles post game.

I can't believe you'd spend the last month talking about police making women feel safer and then when I tell you a woman is feeling unsafe because of idiot police actions (as part of the safety group) you tell me it's laughable.

You can fuck off, I honestly thought you were reasonable but you've gone to a few meetings and turned into a fucking c**t.

It's the last I'm going to say on it, please don't fucking tag me in it anymore.
Gentlemen,

We are not children in a playground

Nor are we MP's at PMQ's.

We are more mature than both.

Please play nicely.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Wow - sorry to wind you up so much LG.

You know as well as I do that most of the police do an excellent job and anarchic states are not great. We also know that things change with firm evidence presented professionally and when people are open to a differing opinion.

My opinion and your opinion whilst valid and interesting will not change the fence. Firm factual evidence may. I think it’s absolutely legitimate to ask the questions we did and I’m expecting an update from the police club and sag after the next home game. I think it’s highly unlikely the fence will be removed because the police and club feel it’s reduced public disorder.

If you and others can give me games and links as to how the fence has caused more aggression and criminal activity then I have no problem at all raising these points with colin Henderson who is the fans rep on sag and also the chair of the supporters forum

jackdg

I don’t know Kevin Heffernan’s post on the forum but Kevin Greenfield deffo is a disabled fan rep and he’s my old man so I can pass any Mobility or facility stuff onto him. I know he has raised the access issues on leaving the stadium previously but will ask him to re raise.
I know there were disabled space issues last season but thought these might have improved, again can let him know

Sky Blue Pete

I don’t know Kevin Heffernan’s post on the forum but Kevin Greenfield deffo is a disabled fan rep and he’s my old man so I can pass any Mobility or facility stuff onto him. I know he has raised the access issues on leaving the stadium previously but will ask him to re raise.
I know there were disabled space issues last season but thought these might have improved, again can let him know
He’s absolutely right I’m sorry. I’ve sent you his email.

Liquid Gold

Wow - sorry to wind you up so much LG.

You know as well as I do that most of the police do an excellent job and anarchic states are not great. We also know that things change with firm evidence presented professionally and when people are open to a differing opinion.

My opinion and your opinion whilst valid and interesting will not change the fence. Firm factual evidence may. I think it’s absolutely legitimate to ask the questions we did and I’m expecting an update from the police club and sag after the next home game. I think it’s highly unlikely the fence will be removed because the police and club feel it’s reduced public disorder.

If you and others can give me games and links as to how the fence has caused more aggression and criminal activity then I have no problem at all raising these points with colin Henderson who is the fans rep on sag and also the chair of the supporters forum
Sorry Pete I probably went a bit over the top.

It’s obviously an emotive issue to me, it’s not nice taking my partner and having her worried because of the thing.

I know you didn’t put it up and I shouldn’t be getting wound up at you for it.

AOM

@Sky Blue Pete Apologies if this has been raised in a previous meeting, but on the subject of long queues and waiting times, have the forum been asked about tackling the long queues in the concourse (especially at half time)?
Appreciate customer numbers might be higher than the club expected or that it's not as easy as "just go quicker"

Skyblueweeman

It was Mowbray when he was here saying he had to use some of his playing budget. Anyway a training ground where the players spend a lot of time is a different to policing

It's been done up quite a bit since then and it didn't come out of the playing budget as Frostie aludes to above.

Sky Blue Pete

@Sky Blue Pete Apologies if this has been raised in a previous meeting, but on the subject of long queues and waiting times, have the forum been asked about tackling the long queues in the concourse (especially at half time)?
Appreciate customer numbers might be higher than the club expected or that it's not as easy as "just go quicker"

Huge issues across hospitality with getting staff. No one is available to employ without the uni students so it’s tricky to improve things. Lots of ideas though

Reactions: AOM

Grendel

And why do you think the police and the safety advisory group have chosen a different one? Are they incompetent? Or is this just about whining for whinings sake. This is the club being transparent and being led by the experts

I'm hardly whining. Personally I find it slightly odd that when I leave the ground and head to Car Park C I have away fans walking past me and then when I get to the bridge stewards try and prevent me going over the bridge to my car even though they allow away fans over the bridge

Grendel

Huge issues across hospitality with getting staff. No one is available to employ without the uni students so it’s tricky to improve things. Lots of ideas though

Do we pay for the staff then?

Sky Blue Pete

I'm hardly whining. Personally I find it slightly odd that when I leave the ground and head to Car Park C I have away fans walking past me and then when I get to the bridge stewards try and prevent me going over the bridge to my car even though they allow away fans over the bridge
And up lythalls Lane and in town etc etc. And sorry about calling you a whiner

Skyblueweeman

Second that - there's HUGE issues with getting staff in hospitality at the moment. Uni students aren't looked upon too favourably due to holidays and hangovers either unfortunately. Going to take a while to recover.

Grendel

Second that - there's HUGE issues with getting staff in hospitality at the moment. Uni students aren't looked upon too favourably due to holidays and hangovers either unfortunately. Going to take a while to recover.

The side I am on there are more staff than last time we were there and they have the bar at the front which they open up at half time - they had a real ale bar open which had small queues as well but this was closed last game. Its really if we have control over this or not. Pete said already playing budget comes first so I'd assume the club will want to cut as much payment to Wasps holdings as possible and make people queue

shmmeee

Didn't Richard Overson pay for that?

That was later. I’m sure I remember Robins talking about taking some budget for general improvements like painting and signs when he first came back in an interview but can’t find it now so may well have imagined it.

Grendel

According to this £7/foot for a chain link fence.

That was later. I’m sure I remember Robins talking about taking some budget for general improvements when he first came back in an interview but can’t find it now so may well have imagined it.

It was Mowbray I believe

shmmeee

It was Mowbray when he was here saying he had to use some of his playing budget. Anyway a training ground where the players spend a lot of time is a different to policing

Ah maybe this is what I was thinking. Club spend is club spend. I doubt a club like ours has tightly ring fenced budgets. Though maybe you know better than Boddy 🤷🏻‍♂️

Skyblueweeman

The side I am on there are more staff than last time we were there and they have the bar at the front which they open up at half time - they had a real ale bar open which had small queues as well but this was closed last game. Its really if we have control over this or not. Pete said already playing budget comes first so I'd assume the club will want to cut as much payment to Wasps holdings as possible and make people queue

Ah ok. I was talking more generally as I deal with hotels for sports teams on a daily basis. Getting rates, contracts, proformas etc is a much slower process than pre-pandemic and then ensuring hotels have enough staff to facilitate bookings is also an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread