Supporters forum 30/9/21 (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Was this mentioned at the forum Pete?

The non-refundable administration fee will be £5 and will apply for fans who have forgotten/lost their Match Ticket and require a paper replacement from the Ticket Office at the Coventry Building Society Arena. For a replacement Season Ticket card, there will be a £10 administration fee.

chiefdave

Was this mentioned at the forum Pete?

Guessing that for them to bring something like this in we're talking about more than the odd one or two people turning up having forgotten their season ticket. Didn't even know there was an option to move your season ticket for one game!

Fair enough really.

SBT

Not sure what you’re saying here and if you are saying something why not just say it

I'm saying the club is apparently struggling to manage its operating costs. What was it, £400k of extra ticket revenue we all gave the club that Robins may never see as a result?

And even that's not enough to stop them charging us for replacement tickets now! These unforeseen costs must have been really something.

Sky Blue Pete

I'm saying the club is apparently struggling to manage its operating costs. What was it, £400k of extra ticket revenue we all gave the club that Robins may never see as a result?

And even that's not enough to stop them charging us for replacement tickets now! These unforeseen costs must have been really something.
Again you start well. Think the answer was it’s not a kings ransom but no one said it wouldn’t be available to Robins.
Then you go on again to suggest rather than just say that you think it’s outrageous they charge for us to change seats. I agree and why would you not just go in and sit elsewhere while there are spare seats. If there aren’t then we should pay it would be the same the world over. And you add the unforeseen costs must have been really something, again alleging bollocks without actually just saying there were no increased costs and Boddy and the club are making up stories. On this I’d disagree with you

SBT

Again you start well. Think the answer was it’s not a kings ransom but no one said it wouldn’t be available to Robins.
Then you go on again to suggest rather than just say that you think it’s outrageous they charge for us to change seats. I agree and why would you not just go in and sit elsewhere while there are spare seats. If there aren’t then we should pay it would be the same the world over. And you add the unforeseen costs must have been really something, again alleging bollocks without actually just saying there were no increased costs and Boddy and the club are making up stories. On this I’d disagree with you

Huh? Your minutes from page 1 of this thread quotes Boddy as saying all the extra ticket revenue is currently being spent on "various unforeseen activity". Are we supposed to be happy about that?

I'll leave it to others to decide if it's a reasonable or believable excuse, but any business incurring that many unforeseen costs (and eating up some of its most important revenue in the process) isn't being run very well in my opinion.

wingy

Huh? Your minutes from page 1 of this thread quotes Boddy as saying all the extra ticket revenue is currently being spent on "various unforeseen activity". Are we supposed to be happy about that?

I'll leave it to others to decide if it's a reasonable or believable excuse, but any business incurring that many unforeseen costs (and eating up some of its most important revenue in the process) isn't being run very well in my opinion.
Inflation innit.

Sky Blue Pete

The extra costs mentioned in the minutes are ridiculous. The club shop cost double the original budget? A five figure fee to “connect the power at the Arena” for goal-line technology? Who’s responsible for managing these, Michael McIndoe?
You need to just say what you mean.

Sky Blue Pete

I think I’ve been pretty clear. You need to stop getting defensive every time someone criticises how this club is run - it’s us you’re representing, not them.
Not defensive just hate people implying stuff rather than just saying it. You think they made up the figures that’s fine

wingy

The extra costs mentioned in the minutes are ridiculous. The club shop cost double the original budget? A five figure fee to “connect the power at the Arena” for goal-line technology? Who’s responsible for managing these, Michael McIndoe?
But that all seems plausible to me in the current climate.
I mean I'd also expect staff wage hikes to keep them from going off to be lorry drivers, care workers, builders, influencers, tiktok stars etc.

SBT

Not defensive just hate people implying stuff rather than just saying it. You think they made up the figures that’s fine

Let me be as clear as I can for you then:

- The “unforeseen” costs seem exorbitant to me and have yet to be properly explained
- For any business to have “unforeseen” costs and over-runs of this magnitude suggests the club is, at best, not being run as professionally as it could be
- As fans, we are perfectly entitled to question these costs when we turn out in numbers to support the team, only to find that all the money’s gone into a black hole that no-one bothered to account for. That goes especially for anyone who’s supposed to be representing the fans to the club management

If you don’t agree and think everything is fine, then please feel free to give Big Dave another slap on the back next time he invites you round. But you’re probably not in the right job as far as the supporters forum is concerned.

NortonSkyBlue

- The “unforeseen” costs seem exorbitant to me and have yet to be properly explained
- For any business to have “unforeseen” costs and over-runs of this magnitude suggests the club is, at best, not being run as professionally as it could be
- As fans, we are perfectly entitled to question these costs when we turn out in numbers to support the team, only to find that all the money’s gone into a black hole that no-one bothered to account for. That goes especially for anyone who’s supposed to be representing the fans to the club management

If you don’t agree and think everything is fine, then please feel free to give Big Dave another slap on the back next time he invites you round. But you’re probably not in the right job as far as the supporters forum is concerned.
Actually the club have no obligation to tell us anything.
You seem to want to find something amiss yet ignore what is happening externally. You keep suggesting the club isn’t being run professionally whilst by every matrix our business model is undergoing unprecedented success in the modern era for our club. An axe to grind perhaps?

Sky Blue Pete

We did question it hence the notes. Disagree with them but don’t worry about us siting there nodding our heads.

wingy

GLT is a bit of a surprise to me as I don't have a scooby anymore what the rules are, what division things kick in etc.

Sky Blue Pete

GLT is a bit of a surprise to me as I don't have a scooby anymore what the rules are, what division things kick in etc.
Championship is where it kicks in. The £79k off is the same for every championship team, the additional cost the club have said couldnt have been foreseen. Expensive though isn’t it

mr_monkey

#sisuout #nopm

Users who are viewing this thread