Joe Elliott is attending the Sky Blues Kenilworth Supporters Club tomorrow -Wednesday (5 Viewers)

LarryGrayson

So fucking what ? The damage had been done by then

he was a full director from 2002 thats what so fuckin what he was there when we fooked up as much as anyone else tryin to claim he wasnt a director when he was

torchomatic

He's being a bit too precious, I think.

Because your criticism is unjustified and without foundation. And in my opinion just to be different. The bloke has done nothing he hasn't said he would do.

torchomatic

DazzleTommyDazzle

I know if someone has a go at you. You have a right to have a pop back. Especially if you think it is unjustified.

That's what I was trying to point out.

This site has had an outbreak of "precious holier than thouness" (yes, I did make up that phrase) today.

Someone reacts to criticism and it's all "ooooh, why so sensitive"

Someone ties a balloon to a car and they get more stick than North Korea would for starting a nuclear war

And meanwhile the posters here throw insults around with gay (the more traditional, non-sexual meaning of the word) abandon.

Has been one of the most amusing days on here for ages though :)

ajsccfc

Was at meeting, did have question about debt being 60million but they couldn't/wouldn't give definite answer due to protocol. I asked one of the two just men on his own if the Golden Share was with ccfc ltd and sisu or anyone bought ltd do they have to pass the "fit and proper" test, with what i detected to be a little glint in his eye he said yes. The whereabouts of this Share seems very crucial.

You didn't tell either they should keep their nose out like Gregor Rioch? Odd.

dongonzalos

Basically I think he was hinting at. The fact it is easy to have a pop at people hiding behind a false name on a keyboard.

He however is stood in front of an audience justifying and explaining himself.

He does not do what he does for attention or for money.

He does it as a cov fan.

He wishes he had the money to invest himself but he doesn't.

J

Jack Griffin

Has been one of the most amusing days on here for ages though :)

I got quite depressed over balloongate, but this topic has cheered me up a little.

Anyway, as I keep saying no chance we will know anything of substance till the court hearing next month. And then there is sure to be continued manouvres by SISU to hang on if they think the club can be run on a break even basis, in whatever division.

Just a thought, will their ability to write of all or part of the debt they took in from the former directors have an impact on the administrators decision. It is all a book exercise of course.

I agree with LarryGrayson about SISU research, sure you can't find out precisely how they work, but it is possible to find out that they operate as a 'distressed debt' hedge fund by half an hour spent googling. So I think the comment by Hoffman sounds a little disingeneous to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

georgehudson

the rationale therefore, is to ascertain, who is telling the truth?
if any person was asked 'who do you believe?'
i would hope that the administrator / judge would preside,
this really, as far as Coventry is concerned, is vital,
i'd ask will we ever get the truth ?
& further will ( previous) be taken into account ?
PUSB

@richh87

Joe Elliott is attending the Sky Blues Kenilworth Supporters Club tomorrow -Wed

We're screwed. Next season is a write-off as SISU will drag this out.

Grendel

Torch

He basically said some people who go on skyblue talk
hide under false names and criticise him. As an example if false names he said yours Grendel and Lord.

I can't imagine he randomly picked that out if his head surely you have been critical in the past?

Comments such as Hoffman's a banker the bastard will wait till nothing is left before moving in.
He is a banker he is only in it to make money etc etc.

Can't recall saying anything like that ever.

psgm1

Banned
he cud have googled em an found out i wud before i became a director for won of there companys shocked he cud be so incompetent

Have you actually tried googling SiSU? Certainly when they mentioned them coming it was the first thing I did! Extremely limited info, so I suspect with the rapidly descending timeframe they had, they took the figures from Ranson on face value.

Certainly cannot imagine due diligence was undertaken by Mr Cov & the Hoff. Desperate times called for desperate measures. No doubt they believed they were doing the best for the club but the road to destruction is littered with good intentions! The plan envisioned by Ranson would have worked - and has worked for Cardiff!

Sisu sadly reverted to type and get either greedy or punch drunk. They then brought in the walking disaster area that was Dulux, and things have gotten from bad to worse from then on in!

Sure sisu could possibly stay in control, but the club would be effectively dead. Certainly sisu aren't going to get one more penny from me!

Nonleagueherewecome

Yes in answering my question and all i can say it is just moving debt around from one business to another, it hadn't just vanished into thin air as we perhaps thought

I've been ranting that this is the case to my mates for about 4 years now! "Ranson says that we're debt free but they've clearly restructured everything so that we are debt free-aside from all the money we owe to SISU!" was generally how it went. That was confirmed for me when Tango kept calling SISU "the bank"; it's been like a very dumb game of Give Us A Clue.

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

So, I presume your real name is Mr Dongonzales?

Yes, I have criticized them both in the past. However, I don't think I've said Hoffman is a "bastard". People have said that we'll be OK with Hoff and Elliot at the helm as they are City fans. Can't argue with that. However, I've pointed out that would be great if it was their money, but it won't be. I've also criticised JE for his association to past regimes. Criticism? Definitely. "False Allegations"? Not in my book. Why does he feel he shouldn't be questioned or criticised?

I hope they pull it off, I really do. I'll back them as they will be running CCFC and I always back the club.

It's quite a common name actually, although not as common as Torchomatic is in Warwick...:whistle:

Sub

Sounded promising until he said if the golden share is in Holdings then everything is off.

if the golden share is with holdings we could be in the shit with the FA for it being transfered with telling them first and could this lead to more points deductions next season ?:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

torchomatic

Infamy, infamy. They've all got it in for me.

torchomatic

Well, you can be smug. You're one of the few posters who uses their surname as their username.

Funnily enough, I don't know the other two Torchomatic's in Warwick. Maybe JE and GH were having a go at one of them?

It's quite a common name actually, although not as common as Torchomatic is in Warwick...:whistle:

stupot07

Joe Elliott is attending the Sky Blues Kenilworth Supporters Club tomorrow -Wed

Have you actually tried googling SiSU? Certainly when they mentioned them coming it was the first thing I did! Extremely limited info, so I suspect with the rapidly descending timeframe they had, they took the figures from Ranson on face value.

Certainly cannot imagine due diligence was undertaken by Mr Cov & the Hoff. Desperate times called for desperate measures. No doubt they believed they were doing the best for the club but the road to destruction is littered with good intentions! The plan envisioned by Ranson would have worked - and has worked for Cardiff!

Sisu sadly reverted to type and get either greedy or punch drunk. They then brought in the walking disaster area that was Dulux, and things have gotten from bad to worse from then on in!

Sure sisu could possibly stay in control, but the club would be effectively dead. Certainly sisu aren't going to get one more penny from me!

Cardiff have overspent for years and has as much debt as us, and have had to change their shirt colour. Not a great example to follow.

LarryGrayson

Have you actually tried googling SiSU?

yes mate

you can find out how they worked with old companies they owned an you can find out there filosophy an then you no what kind of investment fund is mate or id hope hoffman wud unless you really believe he became vice chairman cos he new nowt about the company he chose to work for nowt at all

Last edited:

torchomatic

torchomatic

RoboCCFC90

Basically I think he was hinting at. The fact it is easy to have a pop at people hiding behind a false name on a keyboard.

He however is stood in front of an audience justifying and explaining himself.

He does not do what he does for attention or for money.

He does it as a cov fan.

He wishes he had the money to invest himself but he doesn't.

We all do it as a Cov fan, doesn't make Torchy, Summerisle, Grendel or any other poster less of a Cov fan if they have a gripe at someone.

I applaud Mr Hoffman for explaining himself, but a lot of people have questions and criticism every day.

If GH/JE want to stop certains fans at having a pop then ensure they do everything they can to make sure that the Haskell Takeover goes through.. (Personally I would like GH to start asking questions of the Adminstrator because he is taking the piss with his search for the Golden Share)

dongonzalos

We all do it as a Cov fan, doesn't make Torchy, Summerisle, Grendel or any other poster less of a Cov fan if they have a gripe at someone.

I applaud Mr Hoffman for explaining himself, but a lot of people have questions and criticism every day.

If GH/JE want to stop certains fans at having a pop then ensure they do everything they can to make sure that the Haskell Takeover goes through.. (Personally I would like GH to start asking questions of the Adminstrator because he is taking the piss with his search for the Golden Share)

Gary Hoffman agrees with you on that last bit and they have officially contacted the administrator three times about it.

Users who are viewing this thread