Joe Elliott is attending the Sky Blues Kenilworth Supporters Club tomorrow -Wednesday (3 Viewers)

cloughie

I really thought it was a wind-up about being mentioned by Hoffman, wonders never cease.

Love to know what unfounded allegations have been made, the only unfounded allegations about him I've seen on here refer to him as some sort of hugely successful International banker, which I have used evidence to refute.

I used google myself, he obviously has Internet access if able to see posts on here, so wonder why he knew absolutely nothing about Sisu before joining the board for three years, evidence was out there.

However, bring the hugely successful International man of high finance that he is, surely he would access to much deeper information than the average Joe off the street.

If he can specify these alleged "unfounded allegations", and then refute them if they exist then fair enough, otherwise it smacks of a paper tiger sensitive to the slightest bit of criticism, which wouldn't bode well for anybody in the future if he were to be involved.

So lets hate Hoffman because he was on the board ( and resigned over sisu decisions) but not on the board or involved when sisu took over

lordsummerisle

I'm open to debate. What I wasn't up for was about ten users with five usernames each turning each thread into a farcical slanging match. Then there was Killerumble with his daily posts about the recession etc.

You only have to read that thread to see the narrow minded cynicism that exists. At least on here there's a balance.

A balance? Really?

Admittedly it could get tiresome with some of the crap on there at times, too many threads would degenerate into just a couple having a slanging match, but when it's good the level of debate is much better than it often is on here.

Just too infrequently nowadays.

lordsummerisle

So lets hate Hoffman because he was on the board ( and resigned over sisu decisions) but not on the board or involved when sisu took over

Why was he on the board though(for 3 years) if he knew absolutely nothing about them and their practices?

Easy enough for me and you to find out about how they operate, let alone somebody allegedly working in the higher echelons of high finance.

As yet Hoffman has done nothing, start praising him when he has achieved something for the club other than bluster, not before.

@richh87

Why was he on the board though(for 3 years) if he knew absolutely nothing about them and their practices?

Easy enough for me and you to find out about how they operate, let alone somebody allegedly working in the higher echelons of high finance.

As yet Hoffman has done nothing, start praising him when he has achieved something for the club other than bluster, not before.

I think it's been very hard over the years to find out information about them, and that their intentions have only become clear as we've pieced together their shitty behaviour. Pre and post Ranson, the way things were done were polar opposites. We don't even know what Sepalla looks like - unbelievable really.

@richh87

Many claim they knew how it was going to turn out, but nobody knew, because there was sod all info available with which to judge SISU, and they've done an extremely good job of keeping things that way.

lordsummerisle

I think it's been very hard over the years to find out information about them, and that their intentions have only become clear as we've pieced together their shitty behaviour. Pre and post Ranson, the way things were done were polar opposites. We don't even know what Sepalla looks like - unbelievable really.

They are behaving exactly as they did with companies before they took over the club, nothing has changed in their behaviour, just that people don't think it's a good thing anymore.

The amount of people I've seen on here in the last six months putting up the quote from the high court judge about Seppala, and asking why didn't Sourhampton want to be taken over by them and rather go into admin instead?

All put out 5 years ago by myself and others, but drowned out by the consensus of "Sisu saved us".

The consensus has now changed, but the drowning out of deny dissenting voices continues, but now it's "the Hoffman and Elliott will save us".

Believe it if you like and good for you, but don't dismiss any contrary opinion, as that is exactly what happened before.

People can make rational judgements on what has happened before affecting future events, nothing rational about blind faith whatever you choose to believe in.

cloughie

Not praising him yet he is clearly a city supporter trying his best yet as rich says

Many claim they knew how it was going to turn out, but nobody knew, because there was sod all info available with which to judge SISU, and they've done an extremely good job of keeping things that way.

Grendel

The very fact he has mentioned 3 of us as being detractors is mind blowing in its absurdity.

@richh87

They are behaving exactly as they did with companies before they took over the club, nothing has changed in their behaviour, just that people don't think it's a good thing anymore.

The amount of people I've seen on here in the last six months putting up the quote from the high court judge about Seppala, and asking why didn't Sourhampton want to be taken over by them and rather go into admin instead?

All put out 5 years ago by myself and others, but drowned out by the consensus of "Sisu saved us".

The consensus has now changed, but the drowning out of deny dissenting voices continues, but now it's "the Hoffman and Elliott will save us".

Believe it if you like and good for you, but don't dismiss any contrary opinion, as that is exactly what happened before.

People can make rational judgements on what has happened before affecting future events, nothing rational about blind faith whatever you choose to believe in.

You can say that now, but the info we have in them now wasn't being banded about back then. I can't recall facts about what they'd done with other companies being presented; in fact I haven't seen any recently either - still just people being vague and generalising. Anyone got the name of a company they've done this to? I've never seen one put forward.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Bit odd to steam on to GMK calling it a hideout for 'keyboard warriors'. Kind of lacking the whole hiding element, surely.

Grendel

you are loving the notoriety wow got a mention

I couldn't care less but what does that say? You can be a season ticket holder for 40 years but you cannot raise any issues or concerns? Just join the party or depart? Wierd I think.

rupert_bear

Not being funny Dongle, but haven't they waited for admin? Did he also not say that if the Golden Share is in the part that isn't in admin then it wouldn't go ahead?
Can't say word for word but said something like if the share is with ccfc Holdings we will have to sit down with a wet towel around our heads andhave a re-think. Personally i think they know where the Golden Share is just waiting confirmation.

letsallsingtogether

So lets just sit back and let them liquidate our club and then when we are no more I suppose we were all right.
We have to believe in something like we did Sisu hopefully lighting won't strike twice.
Keep hearing that Joe and Co brought sisu to the club as far as I am aware they were introduced to sisu on the 23rd hour this time they have personally found an investor their is a big difference one would hope

dongonzalos

I will be honest this conversation has lost me.

The main point (IMO)

most people seem to agree our current owners are rubbish

I do struggle to see why anyone has a problem with any Cov fan trying to find a new owner.

Even if that particular Cov fan liked the other owners.

We either stick with rubbish or chance getting something better or the same old rubbish?

Can't see the choice really?

dongonzalos

I guess

He probably thinks

He is a banking expert highly respected.

The Government turn to him to resolve the Northern Rock crisis.

He is a Cov fan. The club are on the verge of destruction.

He makes a mistake and supports SISU in his eyes to invest in young talent and achieve promotion.

SISU went a different route he resigns.

He then in his own time finds a new investor
SISU screw that up.

He finds in his own time for no money another investor
This one is only interested if we are in admin.

In between these times you Grendel and Torch take the mick out of his failed attempt and anyone who supports it.

From his perspective if Haskell takes over we achieve success.

What will you be doing?

I would hazard a guess jumping up and down celebrating at the Ricoh.

Why would you give him flack for trying. It is a very strange thing to do?

dongonzalos

Because to start with they followed the right practice to get promotion.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

A balance? Really?

Admittedly it could get tiresome with some of the crap on there at times, too many threads would degenerate into just a couple having a slanging match, but when it's good the level of debate is much better than it often is on here.

Just too infrequently nowadays.

Seriously when I scanned it, it was massively lacking in any topical debate

Then I stumbled across you dismissing SBT as you are now.

Then someone else not understanding your sarcasm and having a go at you.

You basically having to explain what sarcasm was.

Can see why you pop there for a higher level of debate :)

valiant15

I guess

He probably thinks

He makes a mistake and supports SISU in his eyes to invest in young talent and achieve promotion.

SISU screw that up.

In between these times you Grendel and Torch take the mick out of his failed attempt and anyone who supports it.

What will you be doing?

Excellent post.

torchomatic

Well, let's all put our names and addresses in our signatures along with phone numbers and other personal detail then eh, Hoff and JE?

Exactly, people keep saying hiding on forums, linell said the same about cowards behind usernames on the internet.

Like you say even if a username was dave smith would it make a difference to them?

If joe or gary are reading then feel free to donate prizes for the prediction league fellas :)

I guess

He probably thinks

SISU screw that up.

What will you be doing?

Exactly. Very strange behaviour. No logic to it at all.

@richh87

Joe Elliott is attending the Sky Blues Kenilworth Supporters Club tomorrow -Wed

Dig them up mate. We all supported SISU when they were doing the right thing for the club. You should have to! It doesn't mean I can't deplore their actions now.

What you'll find with these guys is they never get behind anyone for fear of being wrong. They won't get excited about a particular manager or players - just so that they have the right to say "I never rated them" and win arguments on a forum.

If (big if) Preston Haskell was to take us over, I will be doing cartwheels - because if you can't be enthusiastic about something like that then what's the point.

This club is on its f***ing knees, and SISU are going to almost kill it completely before this is resolved. We have two men in Hoffman and Elliot trying to save us and unite the club with the stadium which is crucial to our long term future. We then have a handful of people ridiculing them. What are these smart arses doing to save our club themselves? F*ck all. In fact they seem to be actively working against it.

Take a look in the mirror and think about what you actually want, what SISU are doing to us, and who are the only people trying to fix it. It's a lot more important than being guarded and cyclical on a forum just so you can say "I told you so" if things go tits up.

Last edited:

Grendel

@richh87

Joe Elliott is attending the Sky Blues Kenilworth Supporters Club tomorrow -Wed

What like Andy Thorn you mean?

If you like, but choose anyone really. If I was to ask you right now if you support Pressley or any of the players you wouldn't say yes to any of them. From my long post making you look like an unreasonable arse you've (typically) tried to change topic.

Why are you so against the only men trying to save the club you supposedly love? Because you want the club to be destroyed? Surely not.

torchomatic

Re: Joe

What you'll find with these guys is they never get behind anyone for fear of being wrong. They won't get excited about a particular manager or players - just so that they have the right to say "I never rated them" and win arguments on a forum.

If (big if) Preston Haskell was to take us over, I will be doing cartwheels - because if you can't be enthusiastic about something like that then what's the point.

This club is on its f***ing knees, and SISU are going to almost kill it completely before this is resolved. We have two men in Hoffman and Elliot trying to save us and unite the club with the stadium which is crucial to our long term future. We then have a handful of people ridiculing them. What are these smart arses doing to save our club themselves? F*ck all. In fact they seem to be actively working against it.

Take a look in the mirror and think about what you actually want, what SISU are doing to us, and who are the only people trying to fix it. It's a lot more important than being guarded and cyclical on a forum just so you can say "I told you so" if things go tits up.

Mmmm...not strictly true, is it? I was behind the SISU takeover and.praised them for saving us. Something that gets thrown in my face constantly by LBB (or his latest alter ego anyway) and many others on here. So, its certainly not the case that I was 'scared' to pledge my allegience. There is a lot of 'i told you so', but not from me.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

dongonzalos

What the last person was definitely buying the club only didn't because he was named by deliu.

Really? Where is your source?

KD said in the board meeting we can get this deal done when it was presented to him.

He knew the names of the investors and agreed that the offer should not be on headed paper. As the invester wanted complete confidentiality till the deal was done.

KD clearly understood that the confidentiality was critical.

KD said I can get this deal accepted however I want to be chairman once it goes through.

He was told the investors did not want him as chairman

Within a couple of hours of the meeting the details of the meeting appeared in the Sun.

The investors were furious and walked away.

KD claimed how can he take the offer seriously when he does not know who the investors are (he did)
When it is not on headed paper (he agreed to that)

It may be all coincidence that things changed once he found out he was going to be gone once the deal was done.

It also maybe coincidence that it got leaked to the sun after the meeting.

Maybe Gary Hoffman leaked it to sabotage the deal he had worked hard to arrange or maybe the Chinese leaked it because they were just wasting everybody's time really and needed an excuse to walk away.

You cannot say that KD leaked it as only he and the sun will know.

All you can say is he was happy with the deal, but said for it to go through he needed to be chairman when it happens.

He was told he wouldn't be.

Then he was no longer happy with the deal, again I am sure this is just coincidence

Last edited:

Grendel

If you like, but choose anyone really. If I was to ask you right now if you support Pressley or any of the players you wouldn't say yes to any of them. From my long post making you look like an unreasonable arse you've (typically) tried to change topic.

Why are you so against the only men trying to save the club you supposedly love? Because you want the club to be destroyed? Surely not.

There is no suggestion that I am against people saving the club. In fact all Don could drag up is one direct quote from one of these in the Telegraph.

However, has it perhaps not occurred to you that some people have legitimate concerns that returning to people who have previously been associated with the club in equally difficult circumstances may not be the best options? Haskell has tried on at least 2, possibly 3 occasions to buy a club so he hasn't been found has he -- he has come looking.

Most supporters want to look forward and get new faces in. Southampton I hardly think would welcome Rupert Lowe back even though I am sure he loves the club and I don't think many would be rejoicing if good old Bryan Richardson or Mike Mcginnity waltzed back in.

If there is a takeover then of course it would be stupid not be happy as it raises hope. Some however would like a fresh board with new ideas not faces from the past associated with failure.

However if this does happen almost certainly ACL and the Council will have to surrender to demands that already have been made by the current owners. A stand I have supported and been very consistent on. I think you'll find I won't be the one backtracking then.

Grendel

Sure I can find more if you want

So it did happen then?

Read the above. You said yourself 4 buyers were interested in the club. Haskell wanted other clubs. Why are you so limited that all you want is familiarity all the time?

torchomatic

I agree. SISU could go tomorrow and I would welcome it. However, I would love nothing more than a fresh start with our football club. Not people who have been involved with failed regimes in the past. As you stated may people have been good for the club in the past, but that doesn't mean to say that they'd be any good here now in 2013. It's pointless getting rid of one lot of failed owners for another. Or, if not pointless, then risky.

Saying that, if they took over then they would get my support. As SISU did. I was vilified for that, and continue to be.

If JE and GH did take over and it went wrong then I think we could almost guarantee that they'd still come out of it smelling of roses.

There is no suggestion that I am against people saving the club. In fact all Don could drag up is one direct quote from one of these in the Telegraph.

However, has it perhaps not occurred to you that some people have legitimate concerns that returning to people who have previously been associated with the club in equally difficult circumstances may not be the best options? Haskell has tried on at least 2, possibly 3 occasions to buy a club so he hasn't been found has he -- he has come looking.

Most supporters want to look forward and get new faces in. Southampton I hardly think would welcome Rupert Lowe back even though I am sure he loves the club and I don't think many would be rejoicing if good old Bryan Richardson or Mike Mcginnity waltzed back in.

If there is a takeover then of course it would be stupid not be happy as it raises hope. Some however would like a fresh board with new ideas not faces from the past associated with failure.

However if this does happen almost certainly ACL and the Council will have to surrender to demands that already have been made by the current owners. A stand I have supported and been very consistent on. I think you'll find I won't be the one backtracking then.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Grendel it seems it was you Mr Hoffman was referring to when he suggested people were saying he wanted to pick the club up for nothing

Arrogant and stupid is in there for good measure as well

I think Mr Hoffman was spot on to have a pop back and mabe it is not quite as outrageous as you suggest :)

He was quite gracious really by adding that you are a passionate Cov fan who would think differently if you really knew what he was doing.

Originally Posted by kduffy:
Look this club had been living on borrowed time financially for many years. We must be the only club that have gone down and after the parachute cushion retained league one status and / or not fell into administration.

Crowds are very poor given the size of the city. Sisu are business focused and cannot be expected to have affinity with the club. We are a white elephant to them. In truth I am amazed that they still back this club at all. I would have pulled the plug last year.

It's an unholy mess. Elliot and ransom are culpable and the fool mcginnity should have pushed admin on us years ago, we are existing on life support. There are no solutions until the public support the club in numbers and generate revenue.

To me Hoffman is the voyeur looking on. It's very obvious the money he has is limited and he wants the club for nothing. For a so called astute business brain this is arrogant and stupid. If you spent £30 million on an investment opportunity would you give it away for nothing? No you wouldn't.

Ultimately we will get what we deserve.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

I did. I was always against SISU based on what they are. But I wasn't on GMK as it looked..crap, to be frank!

Nonleagueherewecome

Agreed, but equally, do you not think Hoffman and Elliott have learnt from their SISU experience? It's not as if they headhunted SISU anyway, and one of them resigned in protest at their ownership whilst another was booted out by them. Don't you think their desire to see fan representation on the board is a reflection of that rather than just spin?

Users who are viewing this thread