CET: Joe Elliot confirms talks and that Hoffman Would also join the board. (1 Viewer)

Otis

Thing is, why you start on minus 15 its not the same as losing games here and there. You are starting on an uneven playing field and it must have a psychological effect to be starting a new season on -15 points.

stupot07

To make the play-offs from a position of -15 points would almost certainly mean a 90 point total for us for the season.

Doncaster in top place only have 72 points at the moment this year.

Think we would have prepare ourselves for next season and the season after that in League One I'm afraid.

Yeah completely agree Otis, plus it's really got to affect your mindset starting on minus 15.

Leeds finished 5th in 2007/08 on 76 points after a 15 point deduction but they absolutely flew out of the blocks winning the first 7 games in a row, and losing just twice in the first 22 league games - won 16, drew 4 and lost 2 (52 points) - that's just 1 less win and 8 less points that we've currently got over 40 games.

Also leeds finished in the play offs two seasons in a row before finally gaining automatic promotion.

Even under our excellent form since shaw left we'd only get 82 points over a season - it will be very difficult to get a play off spot starting on -15

Last edited:

Diehard Si

If it got rid of Sisu, got the stadium and the club under common ownership and gave us a long term hope I'd take it. Too many people think too short term.

CCFC for life, not just next season.

bamalamafizzfazz

Thing is, why you start on minus 15 its not the same as losing games here and there. You are starting on an uneven playing field and it must have a psychological effect to be starting a new season on -15 points.

You never know it could have the opposite affect and motivate players as they have work to do from the off.

Otis

Well we would all hope that would be case.

Depends on the quality of the squad too.

Get the best squad in the league and maybe we would get off to a flyer. I do have to say though that I totally disagreed with AT's assertion that we have the best squad in the league this season.

Still loads of frailties in place.

covcity4life

Yeah completely agree Otis, plus it's really got to affect your mindset starting on minus 15.

Leeds finished 5th in 2007/08 on 76 points after a 15 point deduction but they absolutely flew out of the blocks winning the first 7 games in a row, and losing just twice in the first 22 league games - won 16, drew 4 and lost 2 (52 points) - that's just 1 less win and 8 less points that we've currently got over 40 games.

Also leeds finished in the play offs two seasons in a row before finally gaining automatic promotion.

Even under our excellent form since shaw left we'd only get 82 points over a season - it will be very difficult to get a play off spot starting on -15

have to remember that you and otis have both been shown up in your predictions for cov though this season

Otis

Have we?

:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

I think not.

I was wrong on the JPT. Really thought our name was on the cup, but that's about it.

I said when people talked of winning 5 in a row it was something we shouldn't even consider, and we have not even won 3 matches in a row.

I said that I felt the play-offs were not quite in reach and so it is being proved.

Would say Stupot has had the season sussed too.

You have consistently talked about us being able to make the play-offs, yet not once have we been in the top 6 all season.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Cant help wondering if it might have been better if Uncle Joe had kept quiet until after the court case

stupot07

have to remember that you and otis have both been shown up in your predictions for cov though this season

Have we? I think I said 10-12th, we're currently in 10th. Otis said that no team in 30 years had finished in the top 6 after being in the bottom 3 after 15 games.......

PWKH

Just out of interest PKWH what would you preference be on the outcome of this whole debacle?

This is what I wrote earlier:

The Charity, as with everyone else looks forward to a time when the ownership of the Club and the stadium is united under owners who can give the Football Club a sustainable future and continue the regeneration of north east Coventry with further development at the Ricoh Arena.

Monkeyface

To make the play-offs from a position of -15 points would almost certainly mean a 90 point total for us for the season.

Doncaster in top place only have 72 points at the moment this year.

Think we would have prepare ourselves for next season and the season after that in League One I'm afraid.

We've dropped 31pts this season from winning positions!

LarryGrayson

The Charity, as with everyone else looks forward to a time when the ownership of the Club and the stadium is united under owners who can give the Football Club a sustainable future and continue the regeneration of north east Coventry with further development at the Ricoh Arena.

why should the regeneration of our city be down to the football club?

SkyblueBazza

Cant help wondering if it might have been better if Uncle Joe had kept quiet until after the court case

Yes that might have been more sensible.

In the OP the part that appear to have been overlooked or at least not commented on are...breathe new life...Elliott...Hoffman. The dynamic duo synonymous with success??? Maybe with buckets full of cash even I could preside over building a successful club, or not - but I have no track-record in the matter.

Ccfcisparks

Would you be interested in holding a meeting with Mr Haskell?

hill83

It's not the clubs duty, but it's definitely able to do it, and why not? A successful club brings in business, visitors and most importantly money. What's wrong with wanting that?

PWKH

This is what I wrote a couple of days ago:

the reason that the development of the surrounding area is so important for CCFC is that it is vital, in my opinion, for CCFC to be part or wholly owners of the Ricoh. The income from the Ricoh at the present time is not enough to subsidise the ridiculous wages footballers seem to think they deserve. The whole thing needs to be grown. If it were owned by CCFC the FFP question would be solved and if the development was done it might become sustainable.

Is it really realistic to expect to find an Abramovic or a Qatari Sheikh who is prepared to fork out year after year to take over CCFC? Surely it is much better if we have an investor who will create more wealth in Coventry and build a sustainable football club?

the reason that the development of the surrounding area is so important for CCFC is that it is vital, in my opinion, for CCFC to be part or wholly owners of the Ricoh. The income from the Ricoh at the present time is not enough to subsidise the ridiculous wages footballers seem to think they deserve. The whole thing needs to be grown. If it were owned by CCFC the FFP question would be solved and if the development was done it might become sustainable.

Is it really realistic to expect to find an Abramovic or a Qatari Sheikh who is prepared to fork out year after year to take over CCFC? Surely it is much better if we have an investor who will create more wealth in Coventry and build a sustainable football club?

Agreed.

On the takeover:
JE did state in this morning's CT article that no agreement had been. The gist I get is JE, GH and Haskell have set the plans but aren't going to put them forward formally until after the High Court hearing...

Brighton Sky Blue

Back to the article-I'm concerned that all it's doing is raising fans' hopes prematurely when the whole picture could change on Tuesday and this bloke disappears into the ether. Unprofessional of Elliott to be saying such things at this stage.

covcity4life

Have we?

:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

I think not.

I was wrong on the JPT. Really thought our name was on the cup, but that's about it.

I said when people talked of winning 5 in a row it was something we shouldn't even consider, and we have not even won 3 matches in a row.

I said that I felt the play-offs were not quite in reach and so it is being proved.

Would say Stupot has had the season sussed too.

You have consistently talked about us being able to make the play-offs, yet not once have we been in the top 6 all season.

you lying weasel, you said we would finish 14th

in fact you pray we go into admin to make your prediction come true which is pathetic

i said i beleived in the playoffs and considering we are 4pts off with 6 to go it proves i was right to beleive in the chance.

you and stupot are overly negative,and when things change you dont stick to your guns,thats what pisses me off

its were shiot,were going to league 2

then its were mid table at best

then its w ehave a chance if we continue like we are

then its back to were mid table at best

in trying to be right all the time you never show any forward thinking

Last edited:
Agreed.

On the takeover:
JE did state in this morning's CT article that no agreement had been. The gist I get is JE, GH and Haskell have set the plans but aren't going to put them forward formally until after the High Court hearing...

Of course whether or not this should have been leaked to the press before then is another matter.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Higgs have denied that they have made any agreement with Mr. Haskell.

The way it came across on CWR this morning was if they knew nothing about it.

Smoke and mirrors and cloak and daggers I guess.

Why are we hearing about this before any deal is struck?

You'd like to say transparency but could be hearts and minds stuff

LarryGrayson

so acl holds income back from the club now because it wants the club to have more income?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I posted this previously Larry

They want the club to control and have an interest in the development of the area because it will give the club extra income which they will need to finance operations at higher levels. It will also make the club have a better asset base which might be important in future. They are not saying the club do the building etc only that the clubs owners facilitate it

- what it gains the club owners is the income from long leases given to hotels, shops etc (guaranteed income that should secure the clubs finances without massive loans from owners or banks)
- the ability to hold better events at the stadium because there will be better travel links and a lot more accommodation available, so more income
- More people in area will lead to more income for the stadium
- might even lead to visitors staying to take in a game, but in any case a vibrant set up will attract others in
- more income for the club from commercial activities means a better budget on the pitch
- better players should equal better results
- better results should equal promotion and higher ticket prices and more income
- more people in stadium equal more F&Bs income

that is the plan they have in mind - and some reasons why development of the site is important from the clubs point of view

jimmyhillsfanclub

So from what I understand having read through an awful lot of shit is this...

....The total publicly KNOWN interest over the last 24 months:

1. An offer of a pound written in crayon on a napkin from fantasist Hoffman.
2. An email sent to the wrong people by a try-hard yank.

This sale is going well ain't it....:facepalm:

stupot07

you lying weasel, you said we would finish 14th

in fact you pray we go into admin to make your prediction come true which is pathetic

i said i beleived in the playoffs and considering we are 4pts off with 6 to go it proves i was right to beleive in the chance.

you and stupot are overly negative,and when things change you dont stick to your guns,thats what pisses me off

its were shiot,were going to league 2

then its were mid table at best

then its w ehave a chance if we continue like we are

then its back to were mid table at best

in trying to be right all the time you never show any forward thinking

We're now 5 points off tranmere won yesterday, but sheff Utd have 3 games in hand they won't lose all 3 so in reality it's 6 points behind tranmere in 5th

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think that ACL Charity & Council are aware of that problem and would structure the deal to prevent it ....... how remains to be seen

Flying Fokker

Otis..... You lying weasel. That made me laugh. I like these comedy moments in an otherwise tempestuous world of Sky Blue Heaven.

Flying Fokker

So from what I understand having read through an awful lot of shit is this...

....The total publicly KNOWN interest over the last 24 months:

1. An offer of a pound written in crayon on a napkin from fantasist Hoffman.
2. An email sent to the wrong people by a try-hard yank.

This sale is going well ain't it....:facepalm:

Who said anything about SISU selling?

Users who are viewing this thread