Joe Elliott is attending the Sky Blues Kenilworth Supporters Club tomorrow -Wednesday (1 Viewer)

I understand, Joe Elliot and Gary Hoffman are attending the Kenilworth supporters club meeting tomorrow (Wednesday 17th April) at 7.30 pm in the Tiltyard pub on Leyes Lane, Kenilworth.
I might get along there, as I am interested in what they have to say. Progress seems to be painfully slow!

Any questions you would like answering?

skybluegod

If the takeover is successful will they be sticking with the current manager? Be interesting to know doubt they will answer though.

Johnnythespider

Yes,

Is your surname Tant?
millietant3ca.jpg

SallyCinnamon

I would like to ask if Mr Elliott will apologise to the fans on the coaches who complained that he was travelling to away games free of charge.

Gray

I work in Kenilworth. It's 20 years behind the rest of the world in sure there is a telegram on the way as we speak

@richh87

Joe Elliott is attending the Sky Blues Kenilworth Supporters Club tomorrow -Wed

Just got back. Really good meeting with interesting points raised.

@richh87

If the takeover is successful will they be sticking with the current manager? Be interesting to know doubt they will answer though.

They refused to answer that question. Said it isn't fair on anyone at the club to comment on their position.

(Impression I got was they may have someone else in mind).

@richh87

Now, you won't believe this, but I'm sure people will come along and back me up who have been; but Gary Hoffman told us that he comes on this site because he's a fan and wants to hear people's views. He also said that Grendel, Torch, and LordSummerisle seem to make unfounded allegations against him.

(He's got a point there; and they are clearly arseholes).

lordsummerisle

Now, you won't believe this, but I'm sure people will come along and back me up who have been; but Gary Hoffman told us that he comes on this site because he's a fan and wants to hear people's views. He also said that Grendel, Torch, and LordSummerisle seem to make unfounded allegations against him.

(He's got a point there; and they are clearly arseholes).

Did you enjoy the bukkake? You still have some dripping down your face.

@richh87

The Chinese takeover may well have happened; the chairman at the time (can't think of his name) said he thought he could get the deal done (the deal on un-headed paper), however after a confidential meeting down in London someone from the meeting ran straight to the Sun newspaper, who gave an exclusive on Allardyce being involved etc. The trust with the Chinese was at that point lost, and they walked away.

@richh87

Did you enjoy the bukkake? You still have some dripping down your face.

Yum, thanks - don't want to waste a drop.

Jokes aside it was a good meeting (thought more would want to be there though). They didn't give anyone false hope, and explained that this is why Hoffman has been silent for a long time, because he didn't want to adversely affect the club.

Point was, this is the time to act, now that, in theory, the club is for sale.

@richh87

The question came up of whether the administrator is doing the best by the club, whether he would act fairly, and who governs / regulates his behaviour. Hoffman suggested that the main creditor (Avro?) have a lot of control over how things pan out. He also said that there is a governing body who oversee insolvency issues; but my take on that was that they would be unlikely to get involved from the outset and would only jump in a long way down the road, or if they had suspicions of wrong doing.

He also said there is no way that it should be taking this long to find out where the golden share lies and how the rest of the structure is laid out.

Correct, it shouldn't take is long. Surely to find the golden share is a 5 minute phone call.

@richh87

They also said everyone should get behind the trust as it's our best chance to be heard.

There are over 2,000 members now so that's encouraging. I think we should all get behind it - much more effective than just arguing on here.

@richh87

Hoffman said that he quit, not only over Connor Thomas, but over the general strategy of selling our players at the first opportunity. He said that under Ranson we were building a good team; (seemingly SISU lost their bottle and changed tactics (with disastrous consequences).

rupert_bear

Was at meeting, did have question about debt being 60million but they couldn't/wouldn't give definite answer due to protocol. I asked one of the two just men on his own if the Golden Share was with ccfc ltd and sisu or anyone bought ltd do they have to pass the "fit and proper" test, with what i detected to be a little glint in his eye he said yes. The whereabouts of this Share seems very crucial.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread