Save the date: Fans forum booked for Fri 27 June @ 7pm, Coundon. (1 Viewer)

Rob S

Apparently there will be a full announcement / confirmation after the Bank Holiday weekend but what I know is:

• Friday 27 Jun from 7pm at Parish Centre of the Church of Christ the King, 14 Westhill Road, Coundon, CV6 2AA.
  • All ticket (free) in the main hall so approx. 300 capacity.
  • Instigated by club but members of the council leadership, senior council officers, ACL directors & people involved in the situation, e.g. Joe Elliot and Gary Hoffman, have been invited to attend & take part.
Timing / delay based on getting clear of the elections & JR. Local media people have been approached to chair & the BBC to broadcast so election 'purdah' rules got in the way. Also timed on availability of venue and not clashing with a World Cup game (it's on the free day between the last group games & the quarter finals).

On a personal note, I really hope that people who want to give Sisu et al a good grilling get to go along and get their chance. As much as people will want to get angry and have a go (understandably) we could all get some good information if some smart people get the support in asking quality questions and the protagonists are made to come up with some proper answers.

The Gentleman

Apparently there will be a full announcement / confirmation after the Bank Holiday weekend but what I know is:

• Friday 27 Jun from 7pm at Parish Centre of the Church of Christ the King, 14 Westhill Road, Coundon, CV6 2AA.
  • Instigated by club but members of the council leadership, senior council officers, ACL directors & people involved in the situation, e.g. Joe Elliot and Gary Hoffman, have been invited to attend & take part.
Timing / delay based on getting clear of the elections & JR. Local media people have been approached to chair & the BBC to broadcast so election 'purdah' rules got in the way. Also timed on availability of venue and not clashing with a World Cup game (it's on the free day between the last group games & the quarter finals).

On a personal note, I really hope that people who want to give Sisu et al a good grilling get to go along and get their chance. As much as people will want to get angry and have a go (understandably) we could all get some good information if some smart people get the support in asking quality questions and the protagonists are made to come up with some proper answers.

That's good Rob but your last point bothers me a bit. As you claim to want to bring all sides to book over this and you have just had your election event, which was against CCC, why would you really hope that others will be grilling Sisu? should they now be YOUR next port of call as you say everyone has blame and need to ask questions?

Nick

Administrator
That's good Rob but your last point bothers me a bit. As you claim to want to bring all sides to book over this and you have just had your election event, which was against CCC, why would you really hope that others will be grilling Sisu? should they now be YOUR next port of call as you say everyone has blame and need to ask questions?

Maybe because of how many people are moaning because of other people meeting ML and them not as they have lots of questions, and others who keep saying they have lots of questions.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I've got far better things to do with my time....

watch paint dry, stick pins in my eyes, youtube....you know...important stuff....

J

Jack Griffin

SISU announcement made via Rob S, :whistle:

Like I said before & will say again, Rob S is just too damn cosy with SISU & is effectively acting as their agent.

I trust him as much as I trust SISU.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grendel

Like I said before & will say again, Rob S is just cosy with SISU & is effectively acting as their agent.

The irony meter is blown again by Council Jack.

Noggin

Next season is going to be the biggest disaster in the history of the club if sisu are still here, I don't expect to be following much by the 27th of June if it doesn't look like they are looking for an exit after the JR. When I come back from my holiday I'll see who won the JR and what it looks like it means and if there is no hope of change I'll be stopping following the club until they are gone. I already post less in a fortnight than I used to in a day, Grendel doesn't even annoy me anymore, if the hope of the JR fixing thing passes then It's time to move on.

These forums have always been a farce but this one is going to have even less point. After another year of their most blatant lies, with them stringing people along with their tall tales of a new stadium, I can't see why anyone would think it's worth listening to a word they say.

Monners

What is fhe fundemantal objectve of the forum? Is is to outline a way forward (are the FL attending)? I doubt it. Sort of with Noggin on this in regard to what is the point?

Edit: I haven't got my arms folded (here here!)

spider_ricoh

Sorry bud, I'll be on hols in Spain!

chiefdave

Has the forum ML proposed to discuss the finances in details been dropped now? This can't be it as there's no need for everyone else to be there for that.

J

Jack Griffin

What is fhe fundemantal objectve of the forum? Is is to outline a way forward (are the FL attending)? I doubt it. Sort of with Noggin on this in regard to what is the point?

Edit: I haven't got my arms folded (here here!)

[*]Instigated by club but members of the council leadership, senior council officers, ACL directors & people involved in the situation, e.g. Joe Elliot and Gary Hoffman, have been invited to attend & take part.

I think the object of inviting people who SISU know will not attend is to try and bring them into disrepute with the fanbase, I don't think that will work.

Astute

Here we go again.

Why don't they just try to talk privately? Do they think having us there and then start going on about nothing but the freehold will get them what they want for the price they want?

Just get round a bloody table and negotiate. If it comes to nothing they can let us know why. How much longer do we have to suffer the spin when the next season will be coming closer by the day?

Last edited:

martcov

I think the object of inviting people who SISU know will not attend is to try and bring them into disrepute with the fanbase, I don't think that will work.

The forum should be announced when you know who is coming to it - otherwise why bother. If it is a "who did what" forum it won't move us forward, so why bother. The only Forum that would be of use, is a " how do we get out of this mess Forum". Open negotiations in good faith.

Rob S

Like I said before & will say again, Rob S is just too damn cosy with SISU & is effectively acting as their agent.

Priceless :D

The reason I posted this was because there have been a few questions about it in recent threads so I decided to pick up the phone and find out. I owe you, Nick and the rest of SBT a massive apology for making the unforgivable mistake of bringing more information to the discussion and trying to answer some unanswered questions.

Losing your trust will obviously be a hammer blow to my reputation that I doubt I will ever recover from and I can only humbly ask your forgiveness for failing to live up to the imperiously high standards that you set for yourself and the rest of the group.

I doubt I can continue. Please tell my wife that I love her. Goodbye cruel world...

SonOfSnoz

Unless Joy is there, waste of time!
Who wants to hear from Joe OBE, he took the shares off all genuine Cov folks for free!
Still, got him an OBE, thanks to his mate Robinson!

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Unless Joy is there, waste of time!
Who wants to hear from Joe OBE, he took the shares off all genuine Cov folks for free!
Still got him an OBE thanks to his mate Robinson!

I assume a few people would want to hear from him the amount they were creaming over him at that charity game.

SonOfSnoz

I assume a few people would want to hear from him the amount they were creaming over him at that charity game.

Bet he thought he was Jimmy Hill, after winning promotion!
Fools on the pitch were bowing to a man who had just put the final nail in the Skyblue coffin!
Old Joe makes Del boy an inexperienced apprentice!

Rob S

Has the forum ML proposed to discuss the finances in details been dropped now? This can't be it as there's no need for everyone else to be there for that.

I think financials could be part of it but it is being spread into a wider forum about the Ricoh Arena dispute as a whole. As I said in the Patton thread (where the request for finding out about the fans forum came from last), Labovich is happy to discuss details via email if people get in touch & I can provide via PM if needed.

[I am fully aware that this makes me open to accusations of being his 'mouthpiece ' etc. but to be brutally honest, I'd rather get people talking directly to whoever they need to rather than having to go through me as I don't need the earache!]

martcov

I think financials could be part of it but it is being spread into a wider forum about the Ricoh Arena dispute as a whole. As I said in the Patton thread (where the request for finding out about the fans forum came from last), Labovich is happy to discuss details via email if people get in touch & I can provide via PM if needed.

[I am fully aware that this makes me open to accusations of being his 'mouthpiece ' etc. but to be brutally honest, I'd rather get people talking directly to whoever they need to rather than having to go through me as I don't need the earache!]

Yes, you will be open to that accusation. Sorry, that's life. I think that a lot of people appreciate the time and trouble that you are going to, as I do. Even if we disagree on tactics, some tentative approaches appear to be going on between the parties (as mentioned by Simon ) and ML is at least communicating with fans. I just wish he would resist the temptation to make snide comments. I repeat, that the only forum that interests me is the one seeking a way out of this mess. If we start pulling out the dirty washing in public - from both sides - it will only delay serious negotiations in good faith.

AndreasB

Who is chairing this meeting? Who has actually agreed to attend - lots of invites but are we really to believe SISU, Council, ACL will all be in the same room?
How will it work and be moderated? Will each "side" be given time to put their case or will it be a shouty Q&A session only.

Sounds like bollocks to me Im afraid.- SISU invite everyone else, they all turn it it down, becomes a club only affair. Club blames everyone else for not attending.

duffer

Yes, you will be open to that accusation. Sorry, that's life. I think that a lot of people appreciate the time and trouble that you are going to, as I do. Even if we disagree on tactics, some tentative approaches appear to be going on between the parties (as mentioned by Simon ) and ML is at least communicating with fans. I just wish he would resist the temptation to make snide comments. I repeat, that the only forum that interests me is the one seeking a way out of this mess. If we start pulling out the dirty washing in public - from both sides - it will only delay serious negotiations in good faith.

Absolutely spot on. I know Rob, and although we differ on some of this he's a good bloke. He's not doing this out of some desire for fame and glory.

The point you make here about pulling out all of the dirty washing is excellent. I'd love to know everything that's gone on for all sides, but to be honest I'd much rather that they just sat down and started talking properly. The JR, to my mind, has blocked all of that and still is. But sooner or later there either have to be honest talks and straight negotiations (I'd say where nothing is ruled in or out by either side), or the club have to start building, or SISU have to move on by either selling or liquidating. At the moment we're dying the death of a thousand cuts.

sky blue john

I have to agree if Joy does not attend its a pretty pointless exercise. She is the decision maker at the end of the day.
How can pressure be applied for all parties to show if she doesn't ?

J

Jack Griffin

FWIW I should point out that this tentative forum date is set after the JR..

Grendel

FWIW I should point out that this tentative forum date is set after the JR..

Good then your cronies at the council will not use that as an excuse to not attend will they?

Users who are viewing this thread