Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (7 Viewers)

Been thinking this for a long time now and it's confusing me.

There is absolutely no doubt about Haji's contributions this season. BUT, does anyone else feel like he's only going at about 75-80%? As in, there is more to come/find in him next season?

He very rarely goes full tilt for me. That is the next step for him I suppose.
Will he grow? Yes

Is he running at 75%? no.

He started slow as he adjusted but you can't say he wasn't trying. He's tracking back and making up ground for counter attacks. I think we'll see more from him as he becomes more experienced in our team.

hamertime

There is absolutely no doubt about Haji's contributions this season. BUT, does anyone else feel like he's only going at about 75-80%? As in, there is more to come/find in him next season?

I think that’s just how he is, he seems a pretty relaxed guy and I think that’s why he is calm on penalties. I think next season he will be exactly the same as this season.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

World class? 😂😂😂
He can use both feet just as efficiently, is a very good finisher in terms of technique, has a big frame, quite fast, good with the ball on the ground if those attributes dont suggest potential to be world class what does. He’s scored on the international stage against the Netherlands whose defence are no slouches for heavens sake

fernandopartridge

Agreed, he's got better but still needs to up the ante with his aggression. That said, not sure his role on the left is necessarily the best to get that out of him. He has got better at playing with his back to goal.

baldy

He can use both feet just as efficiently, is a very good finisher in terms of technique, has a big frame, quite fast, good with the ball on the ground if those attributes dont suggest potential to be world class what does. He’s scored on the international stage against the Netherlands whose defence are no slouches for heavens sake

Yeah but Alexei Lalas scored against England & he didn't exactly transform into Maldini

shmmeee

🤣 have you seen his goal vs NL?

I’m not even sure he was aware he’d hit hit 😝

messiahrobins

Wright for me is a PL player all day long and we are only scratching the surface of what he is capable of (same with Simms). If both play at their full potential next season, and the defence cuts out the daft errors we will get close to 100 points next season.

messiahrobins

I love his run ups for penalties. it looks like he is going to break out into the chicken dance at any second. Seriously though, I think he has added so much to the team he has my vote for POTY
My choice as well. Him Bidwell and Eccles and Sheaf and Sakamoto were stand outs. Simms has had a great last 40% of the season.

JSL

To be honest, several have shone and it a difficult choice this season. I like the way MVE contributes and also rallies the crowd at the end of each match, and Ellis has improved so much that i found it hard not to pick him too.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I love his run ups for penalties. it looks like he is going to break out into the chicken dance at any second. Seriously though, I think he has added so much to the team he has my vote for POTY
He has improved but hardly been an outstanding success. Had some very good moments but a lot on ineffective games.Who knows what 9m spent elsewhere on strikers would have achieved .

Different opinions but player of the year isn't something I think at all. Saka, Thomas, Milan and Ben , and some others, way ahead in terms of contribution.

messiahrobins

He has improved but hardly been an outstanding success. Had some very good moments but a lot on ineffective games.Who knows what 9m spent elsewhere on strikers would have achieved .

Different opinions but player of the year isn't something I think at all. Saka, Thomas, Milan and Ben , and some others, way ahead in terms of contribution.
His job is to score and create. Nobody has done more of both i dont think?

JSL

The league has gone up several notches in quality requirements this season. Previous levels may return at some point, but this season was going to be tougher than in the past with 3 strong teams relegated from the PL and serval upping their levels to get to where we finished last season.

Boicey

‘For heavens sake’
The most accurate part of your posts.

Flying Fokker

As you say…

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It's just he's style, some forwards just run round like head less Chicken's.

Offhegoes

He's always involved...Even games in Sept / Oct when fans were doubting him, he created chances, missed chances etc. Same with Simms actually. Prefer that to Godden who would be totally anonymous

long way home

I watch some players and you can tell they carry off field personality onto and into the game. He is one that screams it, he looks calm, relaxed and non aggressive which is how i imagine him off the field.

Simms was like it at 1st but someone got in Simms head and told him toughen up or you will drift. Wright i think is a better more natural footballer than Simms, but the same advice id be giving him. He puts aggression into his game no matter how unnatural it is for him, he will make big strides on his career. He needs to play with anger or an edge, he is way to passive and that comes out in his performance

higgs

I want to see him show more hunger and a nastiness to now be bullied off the ball add that to his game and he's on a different level

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

djr8369

He’s a very relaxed guy and quite tall and lanky. I think these factors make him look a bit languid but it doesn’t mean he isn’t trying. He’s just never going to look like a sprinter.

We are also comparing to Gyokeres who is an absolute animal and plays like he is to be executed if he doesn’t win.

SkyBlueMatt

He has 25 G/A in 3215 minutes which equates to 36 games. :ROFLMAO: Bang average :ROFLMAO:

Skyblue_CP

The assessment of Haji from some of our fans is totally baffling. He’s easily been our best player going forward this season and his stats back that up. I get people like Sakamoto and he’s also been great in parts, but he also spent a lot of time totally ineffective and wasn’t even in the team to start off with. To say that Sakamoto is a raging success and Haji hasn’t worked out is absolute nonsense. How can anyone come to the conclusion that Sakamoto and Milan have contributed more??

Users who are viewing this thread