Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Are you pleased Wright scored today?
Absolutely. Second goal superb.
Just because I rated Gyokores above both doesn't mean I don't want Wright or Simms to succeed . Is that hard to understand?

Macca

I think what we have to accept with Wright and Simms is that their football is rarely going to be a thing of beauty and it will be taking the rough with the smooth. Take Haji.How many times have we said that we don’t care how well a striker plays as long as they find the net? Case in point. Does lots of trampoline foot first touches but then wins the game with a tidy finish

Martin180

I think what we have to accept with Wright and Simms is that their football is rarely going to be a thing of beauty and it will be taking the rough with the smooth. Take Haji.How many times have we said that we don’t care how well a striker plays as long as they find the net? Case in point. Does lots of trampoline foot first touches but then wins the game with a tidy finish
Think both are better when they play instinctively.

Flying Fokker

He’ll prove the doubters wrong. As will simms.

Over the years there are not many players who have scored 20 goals in a season for us.

It’s now possible at least Wright or Simms will do that. Who’s done it since the EFL era….Gyokeres? Anyone else?

Macca

Over the years there are not many players who have scored 20 goals in a season for us.

It’s now possible at least Wright or Simms will do that. Who’s done it since the EFL era….Gyokeres? Anyone else?

I mean arguably they already have. People just need to accept their shortcomings and realise they don’t matter if the ball goes in the net

Martin180

I mean arguably they already have. People just need to accept their shortcomings and realise they don’t matter if the ball goes in the net
Let's be honest if they didn't have shortcomings they wouldn't be playing for us and both be worth 15-20 million

Macca

Let's be honest if they didn't have shortcomings they wouldn't be playing for us and both be worth 15-20 million

Yeh that’s fair enough. Not even sure I mean shortcomings, just how bloody awkward they look sometimes. Fact is they are on the way to replacing the Gus and Vik goals which is what they were bought for

HadjiChippo

I remember the season Adam Armstrong was on fire (20 in 40 I think?), always thought he’d go on to do way more than he did, but he was absolutely special that first half of the season.

Last edited:

Hobo

Gyokeres is light years ahead . That's no disrespect to Wright because Gyokores is better than any striker in this league.

Yes but he wasn't in his first season in this League. I am not saying Wright is better, just saying he has done really well.

wingy

I'm thinking it's time to up the game maybe like in the week.
The love affair the likes Rosenior gets is nauseating!

HadjiChippo

Just caught Haji’s second goal again on the highlights. What a top goal that was. Nice first touch takes it away from defence, then right in the bottom corner from 20 yards out on his left foot too.

Nice to see another side of his finishing as he’s scored a lot from close range/follow ups.

AJB1983

Just caught Haji’s second goal again on the highlights. What a top goal that was. Nice first touch takes it away from defence, then right in the bottom corner from 20 yards out on his left foot too.

Nice to see another side of his finishing as he’s scored a lot from close range/follow ups.
Not that I’m comparing the two players, that would be silly, but Messi scored an almost identical goal against Mexico in the World Cup and everyone was creaming themselves over it.

Grendel

So it's official.

We have the worst finisher in the league.

To rub salt into the wound we paid 8M for this 26 year old.

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

covcity4life

You can see why we were interested whether we went up or not last season.
I actually think he didn't do enough majority of game but fact is even when he's not amazing he is helping us and stats clearly show that

Goal and assist today. 15 goals now? Must be near double digits for assists if not more.

Partnership with simms blossoming.

He's only gonna get better

SBT

I actually think he didn't do enough majority of game but fact is even when he's not amazing he is helping us and stats clearly show that

Goal and assist today. 15 goals now? Must be near double digits for assists if not more.

Partnership with simms blossoming.

He's only gonna get better
He was off the pace for a fair bit of the game but seemed to hit a Mario star power-up in the last 20 minutes. Very hard to argue with his output this season.

Users who are viewing this thread