Godiva (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

Is Club M the one by the ring road on your way to the Butts? I remember going there once under whatever name it had at the time, never again.

chiefdave

Is Club M the one by the ring road on your way to the Butts? I remember going there once under whatever name it had at the time, never again.
That's the one. don't think I've ever been there, what did it used to be called?

chiefdave

Any early shouts for next years headliner?

Going with the mainstream indie / rock band theme that seems to be the criteria for Saturday headliners I'd love to see the Manics there but they are probably too big. More realistically Feeder or Ash would suit me.

clint van damme

Going with the mainstream indie / rock band theme that seems to be the criteria for Saturday headliners I'd love to see the Manics there but they are probably too big. More realistically Feeder or Ash would suit me.

back to an 80s legend or punk headliner for Friday.
Think you're on the right track with Saturdays suggestions CD, maybe throw Shed 7 into the mix. Ash already headlined so i don't think they'll do it again.

Johnnythespider

Gary Numan for the Friday night, played Leamington Assembly not long back so should be able to get him.
Specials 40th anniversary next year, could we ?

Westendlad

Which bit of crime increasing in correlation with police cuts are you struggl8ng with?
Or are you going to tell me the Tories didn't cut police numbers?
Oh come on. Happens every time. Labour in power public sector workers are at there peak. Don't get me wrong life is good. Spend spend spend. Then as always the shit hits the fan....Tories get in and its cut cut cut. Its soooooooooo boring and predictable.

Covstu

Although I would prefer something like this, Editors didn’t pull in the crowds. A lot watched there previous act then left. I didn’t watch the headliner the last year (example or exhibit or whatever hisnfecking name was) but it was rammed.
I would like to see a big 80s group like Human League (they played about 5 years ago) on the main stage followed by something similar to last year to keep the crowds but I guess you can never make everyone happy

clint van damme

Oh come on. Happens every time. Labour in power public sector workers are at there peak. Don't get me wrong life is good. Spend spend spend. Then as always the shit hits the fan....Tories get in and its cut cut cut. Its soooooooooo boring and predictable.

so if there was a massive rise in crime under a Labour government you be this blaise about it? Would you fuck.

Westendlad

Blair didn't cut the police numbers in the last few years, May did. Blair set the world alight based on a lie. Mist of those who died were muslims so thought you'd be a fan .
I was relating to the shit in this country that blair welcomed with open arms regarding 'massive rise in crime' oh oh sorry i mean 'violent crime'. P.s stop being a simpleton.

clint van damme

I was relating to the shit in this country that blair welcomed with open arms regarding 'massive rise in crime' oh oh sorry i mean 'violent crime'. P.s stop being a simpleton.

I've no time for Blair, but to blame the current hike on crime on him is fucking madness.

Nick

Administrator
I blame the parents as well for some of this crime.

It's all well and good them coming out doing appeals when their kid gets murdered and saying he was an angel and all that but overlooking the last few years he has been out with weapons and involved in drugs themselves.

They need to start looking closer to home. Yes it's a bad thing people die, but if you are allowing your own kid to go out in a gang then what do you expect is going to happen? I be the majority of them are the types that abuse police for arresting their "baby" or playing the race card when they carry out crimes.

Saw a documentary the other day where the kid was mixed up in gangs, drugs etc and the mum was fully aware of it then he got killed.

If I knew my child was at risk like that I wouldn't stop until I knew they were safe. If that involved moving away then so be it.

Of course innocent people get caught up in it, them and their families are the ones I feel sorry for.

Captain Dart

Wouldn't choose either to be honest I don't think May is as big a physopath as Blair. He should be in the Hague.
Dr Brian May a Psycho.. OMG do you think he had anything to do with Freddies death?

CJ_covblaze

The Levellers announced for Friday night. Busted are doing Sunday. Great start!

Grendel

rob9872

The issue is that it's trying to be something it's not with big headline acts. Been like that for a few years now and residents shouldn't foot the bill, so if that's the route then it needs paying for and more than £2. However they really shouldn't be aiming at those bands imo. The point was it's free for residents promoting small time and particularly local music. Local crowds, local food outlets. Now it's simply commercial like everything else. The £2 is a small price, but you know it's only a cursory introduction and that in coming years that will slowly increase until it becomes simply another festival on the summer circuit and nowhere near it's roots.

Users who are viewing this thread