Giles recalled (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

I see what you are saying Dreamer and agree that we're not creating enough through our AMs.

Equally it's key in our system that the WBs attack and create chances - exactly what Dabo and Giles (when he played) do well.

Too often though DT the wing backs are aiming for one person in the box who is marked by several defenders.

clint van damme

So let me get this straight.
A player who hardly played for us and didnt look that great when he did, is going to turn around the fortunes of a team below us in the league and who we beat 3-0 last time we met to such an extent that by the time we meet in March that he's going to inspire tjem to victory by rinsing our best player?

NorthernWisdom

A player who hardly played for us and didnt look that great when he did, is going to turn around the fortunes of a team below us in the league and who we beat 3-0 last time we met to such an extent that by the time we meet in March that he's going to inspire tjem to victory by rinsing our best player?
While I agree with the sentiment, the Cov fan in me says that's exactly what's going to happen!

fernandopartridge

Don’t get the impression that McCallum is particularly highly rated at Norwich.

The Spanish bloke they have got has a number of injury problems. I suppose you've got to look at them as a club looking to establish a PL level squad with cover for every position, miles apart from where we are. In their circumstances you could have McCallum as a backup and long term project behind one or two others, whereas here he's first choice,

DannyThomas_1981

Too often though DT the wing backs are aiming for one person in the box who is marked by several defenders.
That's very true BSB and where the attacking players in our midfield have to be making those key runs into the box - to be fair O'Hare has done this well at times but his finishing has not been clinical.

Brighton Sky Blue

That's very true BSB and where the attacking players in our midfield have to be making those key runs into the box - to be fair O'Hare has done this well at times but his finishing has not been clinical.

We were all over Millwall because those AMs played a more aggressive game and crucially, Shipley was up for it as well. If we’re going to keep picking him someone needs to get him pumped up beforehand, show him a highlight reel of his best stuff if that’s what it takes.

PVA

Don’t get the impression that McCallum is particularly highly rated at Norwich.

He might not have been in the summer (hence them letting him come here)

But I would imagine they are very pleased at how he's playing here. I didn't expect him to do so well at this level and maybe he's surprised Norwich as well.

Frostie

Hes not a wing back. And he never will be! Jeez, a pre requisit of a wing back is the ability to defend (he has zero competency to defend).

He wont ever be deployed as a wing back by any team.

As for being Effective as a wing back i gather not! as he would still be here if the persons who matter most thought so.

He's joining Rotherham to play wing-back.

Looks like your in know, have inside information?.. selecting their team and formation for their manager are you..lol.

Lets see how he does at WING BACK.

He will likely play as winger (if he gets much game time) and is better suited for a team playing with 2 lunps up front.

Rotherham manager Paul Warne on Giles:

Screenshot_20210126-183859~2.png
Screenshot_20210126-183919~2.png

Johhny Blue

3-1but point taken

Users who are viewing this thread