Giles recalled (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

What the hell is Robins playing at we have lost our most effective best attacking threat.(according to you and your stats) what a load bolocks. Told you before about stats.

As for his defensive stats. How many attempts at challemgrs does he make? If he makes 2 challenges in 10 games and wins both he has 100% . How many actual defensive challemges has he actually made?

I bet he hasnt won a single aerial challemge....as for defensive challemges won, truly shocked.

I told you: less than McCallum and more than Dabo. Him and Dabo are pretty much slap bang in the middle of the division for their position in terms of tackles attempted. McCallum is near the top.

This is all your inability to view players as anything but (to steal a phrase) SHIT or WORLD CLASS.

Evo1883

Think dabo can be somewhat forgiven due to him coming back from injury maybe too soon and taking somewhat longer to get match fit

I still believe stats don't tell the whole story either way, way too many variables for each circumstance...

All I know is, Giles was decent going forward, it felt like he often wasn't quick enough getting back and there were gaps... We can visually see that irrespective of what the stats say

Frostie

Looks like your in know, have inside information?.. selecting their team and formation for their manager are you..lol.

Lets see how he does at WING BACK.

He will likely play as winger (if he gets much game time) and is better suited for a team playing with 2 lunps up front.

No, I just follow football.

Rotherham have played every game since November with wing-backs. Their left wing-back (Mattock) has been injured since early December (in the game against us), they've been using a CM & a RB as makeshifts & have been chasing a LWB since the window opened... Not exactly rocket science.

Evo1883

Rotherham have played every game since November with wing-backs. Their left wing-back (Mattock) has been injured since early December (in the game against us), they've been using a CM & a RB as makeshifts & have been chasing a LWB since the window opened... Not exactly rocket science.
Are Rotherham signing Giles?haven't read through the whole thread

Londonccfcfan

He may

Thats interesting, once he plays (if) Wing back, they will soon revert back to playing that Right back or CM at wing back again.(which is what we will do).

Imo Giles is not an option at LWB. Just saying.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nuno Santo (Aggressively) ‘I’m unhappy with the amount of time Ryan Giles is playing in his loan spell. We agreed more and I want to see him start more often’

Mark Robins (Cautiously) ‘I respectfully disagree, I am happy with his game time and the people on a well known Internet forum agree’

Nuno Santo (Aggressively) ‘I’ma fuck him off to Rotherham’

The meeting ended.

Liquid Gold

Nuno Santo (Aggressively) ‘I’m unhappy with the amount of time Ryan Giles is playing in his loan spell. We agreed more and I want to see him start more often’

Mark Robins (Cautiously) ‘I respectfully disagree, I am happy with his game time and the people on a well known Internet forum agree’

Nuno Santo (Aggressively) ‘I’ma fuck him off to Rotherham’

The meeting ended.
9hlug5jrffc11.png

ccfcchris

“Ryan was recalled by Wolves yesterday so he’s gone back there and is due to go back out in the Championship, no doubt, later on,” said Robins.

“I’d like to place on record to Wolves my thanks for letting us have him and thank Ryan for his contribution while he’s been here and we move on from that situation.

That sounded very brief and almost cold or am I looking too much into it?

shmmeee

“Ryan was recalled by Wolves yesterday so he’s gone back there and is due to go back out in the Championship, no doubt, later on,” said Robins.

“I’d like to place on record to Wolves my thanks for letting us have him and thank Ryan for his contribution while he’s been here and we move on from that situation.

That sounded very brief and almost cold or am I looking too much into it?

Total speculation, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gave Wolves a call after he was left out last game and asked to come home.

Liquid Gold

Total speculation, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gave Wolves a call after he was left out last game and asked to come home.
I reckon you’re probably right. Felt like he didn’t want to go through another half season not seeing much football as he knows MR prefers McCallum.

steve101

If Giles goes to Rotherham it will be interesting to see him come against Dabo. I would now recall Mason, which gives us an option if we change to a back 4.

Cov kid 55

Sounds like Robins didn’t really want this to happen, and I do think it weakens our already threadbare attack. Leaving Giles out of the match day squad is an indication of Robins’ mind set, defense being the priority. I don’t think we’ll miss him, because I don’t think he would have had much game time in the second half of the season anyway. Still, disappointing overall.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We already see how few assists Dabo has, despite a number of excellent crosses every match, because he gets level with the box and has no-one to aim for. So there's no point doubling up and having two wingbacks bombing forward crossing the ball into 1 striker, who isn't especially good at heading the ball anyway.
We have to get a better 2nd AM so that we can play more effectively through the middle if we are going to persist with the box formation. We need to retain possession long enough in the opposition's half so that we can get the AMs into the box and the 2 deeper midfielders to within a 30 yard shooting range.

Spot on.

I've said previously that the lack of assists is not Dabo's fault. He is one of our best players. If we cannot make the most of the wingbacks (which is the case) then we need to change system, or have better attacking midfielders. The ones we have at the moment are abysmal really.

Chip Batch

Spot on.

I've said previously that the lack of assists is not Dabo's fault. He is one of our best players. If we cannot make the most of the wingbacks (which is the case) then we need to change system, or have better attacking midfielders. The ones we have at the moment are abysmal really.

totally agree - attacking midfield is the main problem. No strength, speed or goals there unless Hamer plays further forward.

Grendel

totally agree - attacking midfield is the main problem. No strength, speed or goals there unless Hamer plays further forward.

Amazed it’s attacking midfielders who need to produce goals and not our forwards

Grendel

Spot on.

Who is abysmal

Chip Batch

Amazed it’s attacking midfielders who need to produce goals and not our forwards

Our forwards have been in and out the team all season with injuries. Godden started ok. Though none of them are Ronaldo and are going to make their own chances isolated up front on their own. They get very little support.

Hobo

Lets be honest its pretty stupid of Robins, Dabo and Giles were our only real attacking outlets.
At the same time fans are saying we have no attacking outlets.

I dont know the facts but how many goals and assists has Giles been responsible for?

mark82

They need to contribute more. Goals have dried up since our 2 main strikers were injured, and now we've signed another striker so we've tried to solve that. I really like O'Hare but he doesn't really score enough. The other attacking midfielders have been a bit inconsistent to be honest.

Frostie

At the same time fans are saying we have no attacking outlets.

I dont know the facts but how many goals and assists has Giles been responsible for?

0 Goals
1 Assist

Assists can be one of the most misleading stats going though for reasons I've mentioned before.

His xA (expected assists) was exceptional at 3.54, the highest of any wing-back or full back in the Championship.

Last edited:

shmmeee

O'Hare for all the good he does, and I do really rate him, is completely impotent.

Allen started really badly but then had a couple of good performances and was dropped.

Shipley should be in League 2.

They've been the main three. How many goals and assists between those three?

I wouldn’t even count Allen, his only decent performances have come playing deeper.

Considering we started the season with something like 8 AMs (O’Hare, Jones, Jobello, Hilßner, Kasta, Shipley, Allen, Bapaga), the fact none of them are up to scratch is a concern.

Users who are viewing this thread