General Election 2019 thread (10 Viewers)

Astute

I haven’t forgotten the time you posted a lengthy BBC article that supported my position. Thanks again for that
Strange way of changing the subject as you usually do.

So what is this latest lie you are coming out with?

Grendel

Being turned down isn't a rejection?

What is it then? Oh yes all because of the limits set just like I said.

No it doesn’t say that

You clearly have experience in this are so i am curious as to how you approach it both when you offer the position and the liaison with the Home Office (which is done as I’m sure you know via HR)

What I don’t know is if your company you have done this with a sponsorship certificate or not? When you’ve recruited does the company have a certificate?

Brighton Sky Blue

Strange way of changing the subject as you usually do.

So what is this latest lie you are coming out with?

There is no change of subject you are famously bad at comprehension of arguments and facts. One murdered lawyer does not mean the state has failed and you are also ignoring places with considerably more relaxed legislation. How did the war on drugs fare in the USA? Trillions spent and the problem is worse.

tisza

The liberal approach being to be allowed to use cannabis in pre-approved places? Cannabis should be legalised and the cartels given a kicking in the process.
Drugs in the Netherlands isn't all about a few legalised cannabis cafes. Still the irony that cafes sell cannabis that they are buying from illegal producers.
The liberal approach (including law enforcement and govt) to drugs was intended for cannabis not the harder drugs now being produced there.
That makes it a magnet for organized crime.
Netherlands is exporting around 19 billion euros worth of illegal drugs per year.

clint van damme

I have been more for legalizing certain drugs since tests can be done on the roadside quite quickly.

But a lot would have to be put in place first. Everything legally produced in the UK? How much would be counted as a legal amount? Legal places to consume?

It is a very large list.
I have been more for legalizing certain drugs since tests can be done on the roadside quite quickly.

But a lot would have to be put in place first. Everything legally produced in the UK? How much would be counted as a legal amount? Legal places to consume?

It is a very large list.

It's a very complex question and although I'm in favour of decriminalisation/legalalisation I'm not sure there's a one size fits all solution.

Clearly the war on drugs has failed. Though when I say failed, the penal system in the States is an industry so locking people up for possessing small amounts of cannabis is profitable but it's crimilisinf people for minor offences while the great and the good in that country Hoover up industrial amounts of cocaine. Bill Clinton is know for it.

Astute

No it doesn’t say that

You clearly have experience in this are so i am curious as to how you approach it both when you offer the position and the liaison with the Home Office (which is done as I’m sure you know via HR)

What I don’t know is if your company you have done this with a sponsorship certificate or not? When you’ve recruited does the company have a certificate?
It says the opposite of what you said. So of course it doesn't say what it does.

Do you argue with it where it says we turn down healthcare workers even though we need them because the numbers allowed is too low?

Sick Boy

Drugs in the Netherlands isn't all about a few legalised cannabis cafes. Still the irony that cafes sell cannabis that they are buying from illegal producers.
The liberal approach (including law enforcement and govt) to drugs was intended for cannabis not the harder drugs now being produced there.
That makes it a magnet for organized crime.
Netherlands is exporting around 19 billion euros worth of illegal drugs per year.

What I find quite absurd is that the UK is the largest exporter of legal cannabis, despite is being illegal.

Grendel

It says the opposite of what you said. So of course it doesn't say what it does.

Do you argue with it where it says we turn down healthcare workers even though we need them because the numbers allowed is too low?

Ive asked you a series of questions regarding your experience in this area - can you answer them?

Astute

There is no change of subject you are famously bad at comprehension of arguments and facts. One murdered lawyer does not mean the state has failed and you are also ignoring places with considerably more relaxed legislation. How did the war on drugs fare in the USA? Trillions spent and the problem is worse.
One murdered lawyer? There has been more. How many murders of officials would you like?

You are nearly as famous as Grendel for making your own facts up.

Grendel

One murdered lawyer? There has been more. How many murders of officials would you like?

I deliberately made a completely incorrect statement on skilled worker visa process which if you knew any facts at all you’d have seized on

Brighton Sky Blue

Let's look at a country that has tried as hard a line on drugs as possible. It failed miserably at an enormous financial and human cost. Putting people in prison for possessing something no more harmful than tobacco should be stopped at the very least.

Astute

I deliberately made a completely incorrect statement on skilled worker visa process which if you knew any facts at all you’d have seized on
You was totally wrong. And you made loads up. Nothing unusual for you though.

Grendel

You was totally wrong. And you made loads up. Nothing unusual for you though.

No - why are you dodging my questions

Astute

Let's look at a country that has tried as hard a line on drugs as possible. It failed miserably at an enormous financial and human cost. Putting people in prison for possessing something no more harmful than tobacco should be stopped at the very least.
How about back to how well you say Holland has coped?

Grendel

• I have dodged nothing. Just bored of you making things up all the time when wrong. Have many better things to do with my time.

You clearly have no knowledge of the subject - if you actually admit that people might start to respect to you a bit more instead of all this windmilling and diversion nonsense

tisza

What I find quite absurd is that the UK is the largest exporter of legal cannabis, despite is being illegal.
Medicinal cannabis can be grown under licence. Can also grow hemp under licence on a commercial scale but thc levels aren't suitable for drug use. Got a friend here growing a couple of hundred hectares of hemp under licence from Hungarian govt.
Medicinal cannabis obviously Available on prescription in UK

Sick Boy

Medicinal cannabis can be grown under licence. Can also grow hemp under licence on a commercial scale but thc levels aren't suitable for drug use. Got a friend here growing a couple of hundred hectares of hemp under licence from Hungarian govt.
Medicinal cannabis obviously Available on prescription in UK

Compared to other countries the UK has been ever so slow in bringing it in though, especially for the recent stories related to epilepsy. It’s much harder for patients in need to get access to it compared to other countries, yet it seems to be fine to profit out of exporting it.

stupot07

I dont know why we're harping on about Holland, my example was the recent policy change in Portugal, that has reaped the rewards. And their approach wasnt just decriminalising but changing the way users were dealt with, in terms of access to treatment, support , the language they use to describe drug use, etc.

I believe this is very different from Hollands approach.

Here's an interesting articile I read about it a couple of years ago.

Portugal’s radical drugs policy is working. Why hasn’t the world copied it?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Astute

• You clearly have no knowledge of the subject - if you actually admit that people might start to respect to you a bit more instead of all this windmilling and diversion nonsense
After you admitted you got it wrong but then tried to make out you got it wring on purpose?

Why don't you try and show where I am wrong? But get it right this time. As in don't say a group of people where it is stated close to half of them get turned down.

You will do anything to defend the Tories.

Astute

I dont know why we're harping on about Holland, my example was the recent policy change in Portugal, that has reaped the rewards. And their approach wasnt just decriminalising but changing the way users were dealt with, in terms of access to treatment, support , the language they use to describe drug use, etc.

I believe this is very different from Hollands approach.

Here's an interesting articile I read about it a couple of years ago.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
But you mentioned this after we had been talking about Holland and their problems. Then BSB tried to make out they were doing well because he has visited and has friends there.

Very simple really.

Grendel

After you admitted you got it wrong but then tried to make out you got it wring on purpose?

Why don't you try and show where I am wrong? But get it right this time. As in don't say a group of people where it is stated close to half of them get turned down.

You will do anything to defend the Tories.

Answer the question

fatso

It's a very complex question and although I'm in favour of decriminalisation/legalalisation I'm not sure there's a one size fits all solution.

Clearly the war on drugs has failed. Though when I say failed, the penal system in the States is an industry so locking people up for possessing small amounts of cannabis is profitable but it's crimilisinf people for minor offences while the great and the good in that country Hoover up industrial amounts of cocaine. Bill Clinton is know for it.
The war on rape and murder has also failed.
Following your logic, should we legalise them too?

clint van damme

The war on rape and murder has also failed.
Following your logic, should we legalise them too?

Can you give me an example of a country where they've legalised either of them successfully? Or where they've legalised and taxed some kinds of rape and murder and not others? Nonsensical argument.

Grendel

Can you give me an example of a country where they've legalised either of them successfully? Or where they've legalised and taxed some kinds of rape and murder and not others? Nonsensical argument.

In many countries including some in the EU consent is not required for men to have intercourse with women

clint van damme

In many countries including some in the EU consent is not required for men to have intercourse with women

which ones?
And Fatsos point is still nonsensical.
Laws change all the time as society progresses. Rape was legal in marriage in the UK up until not that long ago, being gay was illegal.
I don't think anyone can seriously argue that legalisation of rape and murder would progress society.

Grendel

which ones?
And Fatsos point is still nonsensical.
Laws change all the time as society progresses. Rape was legal in marriage in the UK up until not that long ago, being gay was illegal.
I don't think anyone can seriously argue that legalisation of rape and murder would progress society.

I oddly had a conversation with someone on it and didn’t believe it but it’s pretty backward compared to the uk

Sex without consent is rape. So why do only eight European countries recognise this?

clint van damme

I oddly had a conversation with someone on it and didn’t believe it but it’s pretty backward compared to the uk

Sex without consent is rape. So why do only eight European countries recognise this?

I think, (and this relates to the rape in marriage in the UK I was on about), that it's all about lawful definition.
So, (I think), it's not that you don't need consent but what constitutes consent isn't well defined. I might be wrong on that.
Either way, you're right, it is backward in this day and age.

Grendel

I think, (and this relates to the rape in marriage in the UK I was on about), that it's all about lawful definition.
So, (I think), it's not that you don't need consent but what constitutes consent isn't well defined. I might be wrong on that.
Either way, you're right, it is backward in this day and age.

It’s especially true on catholic countries like Italy and Spain which are basically feudal in their attitudes

'I'm full of fear': Woman's story exposes Italy's rape law

clint van damme

It’s especially true on catholic countries like Italy and Spain which are basically feudal in their attitudes

'I'm full of fear': Woman's story exposes Italy's rape law

2 Italian nationals convicted in the UK recently for raping a woman in London using a similar MO to the lift incident in the link.
Horrific to think there are people with a strategy for carrying out these crimes in order to get away with them. At least the two in London got custodials.

Grendel

It hasn't been doing badly. But other countries that have been even more progressive in their outlook have done better. How is the UK doing? How about Scotland in particular?

He will provide on lucazade consumption in Iceland shortly

Users who are viewing this thread