General Election 2019 thread (20 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Says the plastic paddy/Italian who hates the English? Yes I do have a problem with foreigners. The foreigners who come over here to scrounge/beg. Are you that thick that you cant grasp that?

So, you're problem is that foreigners come over here to scrounge, beg and look for handouts but at the same time they're the reason native Brits can't get work?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I would find it hard to believe and also there would be no cost if homeless people are from overseas as the only cost is a plane ticket back home

Apart from border patrol etc. because it's not like they'd just try to get back again is it and we have an endless cycle of sending them back just for them to return.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Because they are cheap to make and people these days love watching bullshit. And the more someone suffers the more people watch.

But yeah let's make a point that doesn't exist.

This is true but so is the original point. Why don't we get 'tax dodgers road' or 'fraudsters lane' along with 'benefits street'?

skybluetony176

Imagine escaping the bullets and torture, abandoning your home to risk life and limb on a journey of thousands of miles, constantly in fear of death while you starved and dehydrated...

To meet the coventrian on your arrival.
Spouting bile that comes from the same place that the bile that his own mother probably had to deal with came from. Exactly why I told him he needs to rethink his life.

stupot07

This is what pisses me off about the right. Totally lack of intellectual curiosity. We can solve homelessness, we know because the last Labour government did it. Then when it rises under Tory watch it’s all “oh guess we’ll never know how this terrible thing happens”. So intellectually dishonest.

Some of us do have mates who have been homeless and have fed, clothed and homed them so maybe fuck off with your ridiculous internet point scoring like it makes you some kind of hard man to look down on those less fortunate than you.

And draconian sentencing works does it? I guess that’s why there’s no drug problems in the states. Or Thailand. Or maybe that’s yet more lazy thinking bollocks. “I reckon” can fuck right off as a valid political opinion when we have stacks of evidence that you reckon wrong.
Portugal took a far more liberal stance to their drug problem and are reaping the rewards.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It was an off the cuff comment that as usual people like you go hysterical over.
They should be put on the first plane back to where they came from.
Answer me this,those people came from Iraq/Afghanistan. Why do they travel through countless countries to get to ours? Its because we're a soft touch cos of people like you.

You do realise right wing, anti-immigration parties are spreading all across Europe -Italy, France, Spain, Germany..... all with the same message of 'all the immigrants/asylum seekers are coming here'. When we took on 40k migrants Germany took on 1 MILLION in comparison.

Most of those seeking illegal immigration get put on wherever the people smugglers are able to go next. If you think more people sneak past our borders than elsewhere in Europe then that's on our government (under Tory, Labour and coalition) under-funding border patrol and not using the legislative powers available to them - no point blaming the EU because all those other countries like Spain, Italy, Germany etc are in the EU too.

As for the comment on foreign delivery drivers, how do you know they're foreign? Do you demand to see ID from them? Or do you just assume because of their appearance? Listen to them speak - mostly British accents I find. They may well be children or grandchildren of immigrants but that makes them no different to you and your Irish heritage (or indeed mine).

tisza

When we took on 40k migrants Germany took on 1 MILLION in comparison.
/QUOTE]
Germany tried to place some of them on other countries which has fuelled the increase in support of anti-immigration parties elsewhere.
Germany have introduced new laws to speed up forcibly returning failed asylum seekers including building more detention centres. Around 250k in Germany that have avoided deportation.
Germany's million wasn't just a million. Given EU citizenship then they have the right to bring in family members as well. So you could easily be looking at 4 or 5 million people.
There is no one solution fits all. Genuine asylum seekers get lost in the mix. An open door policy is unrealistic.
Failure comes from all sides by failing to address the situation at source. Instability in the likes of Iraq, Syria, Eritrea, Somalia and so on will continue to fuel the problem. Western world becomes a load of NIMBYs.

Astute

Out of interest how many applications have you submitted. I’ve been involved in 4 exceptional talent visas - all were processed with little trouble.
Ah. So we have moved from unskilled to exceptional talent for you to try and make a point. I am shocked.........

Astute

This is true but so is the original point. Why don't we get 'tax dodgers road' or 'fraudsters lane' along with 'benefits street'?
So you have never seen any programmes on fraud? Never seen anything on tax dodging?

OK.

chiefdave

You do realise right wing, anti-immigration parties are spreading all across Europe -Italy, France, Spain, Germany..... all with the same message of 'all the immigrants/asylum seekers are coming here'. When we took on 40k migrants Germany took on 1 MILLION in comparison.
Not just Europe, look at what is going on in India with the anti-Muslim Citizenship Amendment Act.

Astute

Most of those seeking illegal immigration get put on wherever the people smugglers are able to go next. If you think more people sneak past our borders than elsewhere in Europe then that's on our government (under Tory, Labour and coalition) under-funding border patrol and not using the legislative powers available to them - no point blaming the EU because all those other countries like Spain, Italy, Germany etc are in the EU too.

As for the comment on foreign delivery drivers, how do you know they're foreign? Do you demand to see ID from them? Or do you just assume because of their appearance? Listen to them speak - mostly British accents I find. They may well be children or grandchildren of immigrants but that makes them no different to you and your Irish heritage (or indeed mine).
More in the UK than elsewhere? Don't be silly. They have to get passed our borders to get here. But most of the borders in the EU are invisible. So they are free to move all the way to the sea borders we have instead of the first place they land unless they land somewhere like Italy where the EU has got tough.

tisza

More in the UK than elsewhere? Don't be silly. They have to get passed our borders to get here. But most of the borders in the EU are invisible. So they are free to move all the way to the sea borders we have instead of the first place they land unless they land somewhere like Italy where the EU has got tough.
Hungarian govt put up a fence along the Serbian border (which was domestically almost universally popular). Austrian govt put some borders back up.
I saw the groups of migrants walking towards Germany.
Genuinely saw 1000s over a 3 - 4 month period walking through one of the farms I was involved with. Overwhelming % were young males 15-35 years old.

Sick Boy

Politicians there openly admitting it's become a narco-state
The Dutch are amongst the lowest cannabis smokers in Europe.

As for he narco state, if it was properly legislated these criminals wouldn’t involved. It’s going over old ground but it’s not going to go away and just pushes everything underground.

tisza

The Dutch are amongst the lowest cannabis smokers in Europe.

As for he narco state, if it was properly legislated these criminals wouldn’t involved. It’s going over old ground but it’s not going to go away and just pushes everything underground.
Narco-state doesn't refer to drug usage but the economic role of illegal drugs on the economy. It's a hub for manufacture of synthetic drugs as well distribution of other drugs around Europe. Can argue the liberal approach to drugs there has had an impact on the drug issues of many other EU countries.

Grendel

Ah. So we have moved from unskilled to exceptional talent for you to try and make a point. I am shocked.........

No you said skilled workers also have difficulty - I was merely saying in my experience it’s actually pretty straightforward

Sick Boy

Narco-state doesn't refer to drug usage but the economic role of illegal drugs on the economy. It's a hub for manufacture of synthetic drugs as well distribution of other drugs around Europe. Can argue the liberal approach to drugs there has had an impact on the drug issues of many other EU countries.
As I said, it’s down to the existing model failing and the UK also plays a key role in the distribution of drugs in Europe and around the world, as do several countries in Europe. To blame the Dutch for the problems is absurd.

People have been getting high for centuries, it’s not a new phenomenon and isn’t going to go away.

Astute

No you said skilled workers also have difficulty - I was merely saying in my experience it’s actually pretty straightforward
You say you know 4 people that didn't have a problem so you then make out there isn't a problem.

I show you evidence that shows there is a limit each month. It showed how many were refused in a 3 month period. But then you say you can't trust the headlines when it was more than a headline. Yet you use headlines all the time to prove a point you usually have that goes against what everyone knows is wrong.

Grendel

You say you know 4 people that didn't have a problem so you then make out there isn't a problem.

I show you evidence that shows there is a limit each month. It showed how many were refused in a 3 month period. But then you say you can't trust the headlines when it was more than a headline. Yet you use headlines all the time to prove a point you usually have that goes against what everyone knows is wrong.

The headline doesn’t probe anything - you do know how the process works I assume?

Astute

The headline doesn’t probe anything - you do know how the process works I assume?
Did you read all the info from the link? You couldn't have as it gave all the details you are trying to ignore.

Astute

As I said, it’s down to the existing model failing and the UK also plays a key role in the distribution of drugs in Europe and around the world, as do several countries in Europe. To blame the Dutch for the problems is absurd.

People have been getting high for centuries, it’s not a new phenomenon and isn’t going to go away.
Not exactly true though. The drug problems are said to involve a substantial percentage of GDP to hide the problem

Netherlands becoming a narco-state, warn Dutch police

Grendel

Did you read all the info from the link? You couldn't have as it gave all the details you are trying to ignore.

I read it all. I also know exactly how the process works and timings for skilled workers which negates the necessity of individual months being “full”

Astute

I read it all. I also know exactly how the process works and timings for skilled workers which negates the necessity of individual months being “full”
Ah. So now you say it isn't straightforward as you made out and you admit that there are limits that are kept to very strictly however much the skills are needed. Thank you.

Grendel

Ah. So now you say it isn't straightforward as you made out and you admit that there are limits that are kept to very strictly however much the skills are needed. Thank you.

No you’ve misread what I’ve said. The tier 1 and two visa applications are not finite in terms of date and these are the defined skilled workers

So you get a date to meet the criteria once approval is made

This article is claiming people are tier 1 and 2 applicants when it’s clear they are not or have been rejected for other reasons

Sick Boy

Not exactly true though. The drug problems are said to involve a substantial percentage of GDP to hide the problem

Netherlands becoming a narco-state, warn Dutch police

I‘m not surprised, it will go on all over the place.

I’m sure HSBC got fined for washing Mexican cartel drug money - Families of Americans killed by Mexican cartels sue HSBC for laundering billions

Keeping the problem underground and not properly investing in education, prevention and treatment is not going to work.

The support for addicts is pretty shocking and I say that as someone whose close friend ended up a full blown heroin addict and on the streets, if it wasn’t for us helping him out I think he’d probably be dead now.

Also knew people involved in county lines stuff going back to 2012 but it’s not something I want to discuss on here but power needs to be taken away from these lot.

The problem isn’t going to go away any time soon, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Astute

No you’ve misread what I’ve said. The tier 1 and two visa applications are not finite in terms of date and these are the defined skilled workers

So you get a date to meet the criteria once approval is made

This article is claiming people are tier 1 and 2 applicants when it’s clear they are not or have been rejected for other reasons
No. They had the skills we are desperate for. But we have limits in place. Twist it however much you want but this is a fact.

In the 3 months I showed you there was 1,800 that had a highly skilled job to come to that had to reapply because of the limit being reached. Yes you can be lucky to get accepted first time. Yes you can also be unlucky.

We have a shortage of engineers. Even engineers got turned down. They were one of the two skills I showed you that got turned down. There was also others. The excuse is keeping the numbers down as a whole.

Astute

The problem isn’t going to go away any time soon, unfortunately.
Knowing what I know is why I moved my family out of the UK. And they love it where they are as it is like the UK 40 years ago. I even leave the fob to my car in it frequently. We never locked our house up. Just like in England where I still live but it is changing there.

Grendel

No. They had the skills we are desperate for. But we have limits in place. Twist it however much you want but this is a fact.

In the 3 months I showed you there was 1,800 that had a highly skilled job to come to that had to reapply because of the limit being reached. Yes you can be lucky to get accepted first time. Yes you can also be unlucky.

We have a shortage of engineers. Even engineers got turned down. They were one of the two skills I showed you that got turned down. There was also others. The excuse is keeping the numbers down as a whole.

There is no final date of application

It’s obvious you haven’t a clue what you are on about - I’ll leave it at that

Astute

There is no final date of application

It’s obvious you haven’t a clue what you are on about - I’ll leave it at that
Of course you will leave it as that as you are wrong.

So who mentioned a final date? There are limits to each time frame. They can reapply if turned down and hope they get the nod. Each skill has a limit set. What they imply is when freedom of movement ends the limits will increase. It is to keep the public happy. All bullshit in reality.

Grendel

Of course you will leave it as that as you are wrong.

So who mentioned a final date? There are limits to each time frame. They can reapply if turned down and hope they get the nod. Each skill has a limit set. What they imply is when freedom of movement ends the limits will increase. It is to keep the public happy. All bullshit in reality.

Absolutely

I’m the one whose had dealings with the Home office, knows the process, knows the 2 tier differences, the salary requirements, the open ended agreements once approved but you’ve read an article - yep we will leave it at that

Ian1779

But I've been honest and said I don't give a Toss about them. Your the do gooder liberal type who thinks we should bend over backwards for them so I'll ask again what do you do extra to help these people? Do you donate some of your wages to charity etc? No,what you do is fuck all but preach to the rest of us that we should care.
I love how you wheel out the ‘do gooder liberal type’ line. Clearly what makes you happy is just being a nasty, heartless bastard.

I hope for your sake you never find yourself in a desperate situation that would require an amount of empathy from another human being.

Astute

Absolutely

I’m the one whose had dealings with the Home office, knows the process, knows the 2 tier differences, the salary requirements, the open ended agreements once approved but you’ve read an article - yep we will leave it at that
Go on then. Which part of it is wrong? What do you know that isn't in line of what I have said?

All you have been able to say is it isn't in line of what you make out you have helped with 4 times. But it is also the government official line. I could put up a full list for you that shows you to be wrong if you like.

I have stated facts. How about you stating the true facts for once?

Didn't think so. Mr know it all will just continue to make up his own facts as usual.

Brighton Sky Blue

The liberal approach being to be allowed to use cannabis in pre-approved places? Cannabis should be legalised and the cartels given a kicking in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread