Match Thread Doncaster Rovers vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 18th Jan (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

Greenish?

Tbf it's all been very good when I've been (although I've never been in January)

Frank Sidebottom

Would've been going to this one but I'm back down in Cov for the weekend. As I'm not there we'll definitely win 4-1 with a Godden hat trick, Just like the last 2 games I intended to go to but couldn't.

Tommo1993

Wasn’t gonna go to this one but decided last minute to buy on the gate. Last time we did that was getting in to the home end at Cheltenham and staying quiet for 6 goals.

Adge

Looking forward to this if not to just get away from the razzmatazz that is Tenents v Landlords. Need the victory after last weeks draw but realistically a draw would not be a disaster.

Nick

Administrator
Looking forward to this if not to just get away from the razzmatazz that is Tenents v Landlords. Need the victory after last weeks draw but realistically a draw would not be a disaster.

Depends on the circumstance. A normal draw then yeah great but if we are 2-0 up on 80 minutes and draw I'll be fuming.

ccfcricoh

Just knitting a half and half scarf
Looks like blues beat you to it...

Was it the 1st game against these that Hiwula missed a hatful of chances? Hopefully if we can create the same number of chances we can now be more clinical!

2.1 win
f7e492d6fecdf81c61f1db78b2b9f0ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ricketts

I hope the players arent as distracted by the cup game as some fans seem to be. If i had to pick one to win, it would be today.
I think that the Bristol match was a large part of the performance and the two points dropped against MK Dons. It really felt like a defeat to me. I hope that we do not get a repeat of that today. Pulling out of tackles, not wanting the ball so much, hiding a bit. No one wants to get injured and miss the 'big occasion'

The problem is Mark Robins has got me used to seeing exciting, attacking football and has raised my expectation. I've been used to have my hopes shattered every week, but this season is different.

0-5 City today, PUSB. BEST FOOTBALLING TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

SkyBlueSoul

We have everyone available today
I fancy us to go on a run
Confidence is high and there is stiff competition for places in the team
A good position to be in

The prospect of being able to bring Jones on against tiring legs over the next month makes me feel funny in my downstairs

And that’s before considering we can choose between Shipley, Westbrooke, Allen and O’Hare to start!

SkyblueTexan

Look at that bench!!!
Looking at that bench, I wonder if we will ever see Hiwula play again for us. Been ages since he played and didn't even get a sniff in the FA Cup match. Still remember his great goal vs Portsmouth early in the season (I know he also missed several gilt-edged chances along the way including a penalty vs MK Dons I believe). Squad depth is crucial from now till the end of the season and players on the fringe (i.e. Hiwula, Baka etc.) must be ready to slot in when given the opportunity. MR and Adi have to make sure they are not disgruntled or unhappy and that they are ready to produce when thrown into action.

Sky Blue Pete

Marosi
Dabo
McCallum
Rose
Hyam
Mcfazdean
Walsh
Kelly
Shipley
Ohare
Godden

3-2-2-2-1

Means subs

Wilson
Pask
Jones
Westbrooke
Allen
Max
Mason

Would be my choice

curly_tom

I always have a bad feeling about games like this but we have to look at our recent form in away games and we have scored a lot of goals in the last 3. I think we have a chance of a win but if it happens it'll be close I predict. I live in Hastings so rarely get to watch but will be glued to Clive and Oggy, as it were....

better days

Looking at that bench, I wonder if we will ever see Hiwula play again for us. Been ages since he played and didn't even get a sniff in the FA Cup match. Still remember his great goal vs Portsmouth early in the season (I know he also missed several gilt-edged chances along the way including a penalty vs MK Dons I believe). Squad depth is crucial from now till the end of the season and players on the fringe (i.e. Hiwula, Baka etc.) must be ready to slot in when given the opportunity. MR and Adi have to make sure they are not disgruntled or unhappy and that they are ready to produce when thrown into action.
Interesting about Hiwula
I think he's one of our biggest earners but he seems well out of favour at the moment
He played in the U23s last week but didn't do much to show he deserved to get back into the first team

SkyBlueSoul

He played in the U23s last week but didn't do much to show he deserved to get back into the first team

I may be reading too much into it but I did notice that even though Hiwula started v Watford U23s he wasn’t given a number between 1-11 (14 I think).

Robins proving a point do you reckon?

better days

I may be reading too much into it but I did notice that even though Hiwula started v Watford U23s he wasn’t given a number between 1-11 (14 I think).

Robins proving a point do you reckon?
With the U23s the players sometimes swap numbers if the shirt sizes are wrong for them but probably the best indicator is whether he makes the 18 in the first team squad when he's fit

Nick

Administrator

4 Changes, Hiwula not even on the bench again.

Safe to say he's bombed out too. Robins wasn't impressed a few weeks ago about his injuries.

Sky Blue Pete

4 Changes, Hiwula not even on the bench again.

Safe to say he's bombed out too. Robins wasn't impressed a few weeks ago about his injuries.

The team I said bar Baka for Someone who I can’t work out on the bench hope it’s a slight knock and nothing more

Users who are viewing this thread