Match Thread Doncaster Rovers vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 18th Jan (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Revert back to the team against MK Dons. O’Hare as impact sub. Take a point but a win would be huge
Not for me I think stick with midfield of last
Night just put Godden back in for Biamou...Shipley & Westbrooke have played well but last night Allen & O’Hare we’re brilliant done enough to keep the shirt for me on sat and I’m not O’Hares biggest fan at times.Allen Kelly & Walsh all need to be playing for me,Allen will only get better.

marosi
Dabo rose mcfadz hyam McCallum
Walsh Kelly
Allen O’Hare
Godden

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

You would have lost your wager every single season both of them have played in England
I agree that Godden would score more but Biamou has had 3 seasons as a pro, 1 getting up to speed, 2 injured at the beginning and 3 recovering from injury. You'd expect it to be the other way round if Godden had the obstacles Biamou did.

Liquid Gold

Also don't forget that 4 of Godden's goals weren't in the league last year so they don't count. He only managed to score 10 in the season McNulty got 23 in League 2.

SlowerThanPlatt

I’m not saying Biamou is a bad player but it sounds a bit insane to drop a player who’s scored 2 hat tricks in 3 league games for him after some fans moaned we don’t score enough

Londonccfcfan

Would take a point all day long. As I would against Fleetwood in the next league game now that Wycombe has been postponed. It may see us drop down the table in the short-term but the kind of points that make a difference later in the season. Obviously, still hoping for a win.

Fully agree take a draw as it keeps the distance between us and donny! Would be good point as they are a decent side and bogey side for us at their place.

Next 3 games all away. Would be a decnt return to draw a couple and win one of them, even if it means dropping down the table temporarily till we make up game or games in hand after Wycombe postponement.

No panic here. Keep picking up points. Quite simply been amazing so far this season.

Id stick with same team that started against Rovers with.

Dabo, Godden, Shipley and Zain back in squad and on the bench.

Rest MaCAllum for another week.

SkyBlueDom26

Fully agree take a draw as it keeps the distance between us and donny! Would be good point as they are a decent side and bogey side for us at their place.

Next 3 games all away. Would be a decnt return to draw a couple and win one of them, even if it means dropping down the table temporarily till we make up game or games in hand after Wycombe postponement.

No panic here. Keep picking up points. Quite simply been amazing so far this season.

Dabo has to come back in

cc84cov

I know max scored twice but you can’t drop Godden for him mate it’s madness Godden is better in pretty much every area,Also Dabo has been one of our best players this season he starts 10000%

Londonccfcfan

I know max scored twice but you can’t drop Godden for him mate it’s madness Godden is better in pretty much every area,Also Dabo has been one of our best players this season he starts 10000%

I agree, but you wanna give him a rest, give hime a proper one.

cc84cov

I agree, but you wanna give him a rest, give hime a proper one.
I don’t think godden needs it he’s not long back,Shipley I would rest but then he brought him on for a couple mins last night I think zain will make way for O’Hare defo

Londonccfcfan

I'm using the stats you provided off whoscored to provide some sort of conversion rate. Your stats were shots on target per game. That's not really anything to do with converting chances.

Max has taken part in more than ten games so we can say his stats can be considered.

The fact remains that Max has converted more of his shots on target.

I've no idea who'd score more over 46 games. I'd wager it would be very close.

Its interesting debate if im honest Godden shades it, but one thing i noted take the MK Dons game.

Godden and Biamous chances when through one on one Max hit it first time, Godden took a first touch which wasnt great and fluffed it. Goden did the same at Rovers away, bad first touch.

Conclusion Max when through hits it first time and Godden last couple of games hasnt.

Hit it first time give the keeper less time and you generally score.

Thats a big improvement in Max this year. Note his goals this year. No fucking about just fucking hit It and if you get lucky you may a score a blinder or two!

This was Hiwulas bighest downfall, bordering on ridiculous why he isnt a striker/finisher.

Im no technical expert mind. Just my view.

SlowerThanPlatt

Its interesting debate if im honest Godden shades it, but one thing i noted take the MK Dons game.

Godden and Biamous chances when through one on one Max hit it first time, Godden took a first touch which wasnt great and fluffed it. Goden did the same at Rovers away, bad first touch.

Conclusion Max when through hits it first time and Godden last couple of games hasnt.

Hit it first time give the keeper less time and you generally score.

Thats a big improvement in Max this year. Note his goals this year. No fucking about just fucking hit It and if you get lucky you may a score a blinder or two!

This was Hiwulas bighest downfall, bordering on ridiculous why he isnt a striker/finisher.

Im no technical expert mind. Just my view.

So with all this in mind:

Hiwula: 1 in 4 at L1 level
Godden: 1 in 2.7 at L1 level
Biamou: 1 in 6 mostly at L2 level

Londonccfcfan

So with all this in mind:

Hiwula: 1 in 4 at L1 level
Godden: 1 in 2.7 at L1 level
Biamou: 1 in 6 mostly at L2 level

Yes with all this in mind.
Lets take this season:

League only:
Hiwula: 14 starts 2 Goals
Godden: 14 starts 9 Goals
Biamou: 4 starts 2 Goals

All competetions this season:
Hiwula: 17 starts 4 Goals
Godden: 16 Starts 10 Goals
Biamou : 8 Starts 8 Goals

Grendel

GaryJones

This is our most difficult game for a while in my opinion. A draw would be a good result however I can see us losing this one.

SlowerThanPlatt

Yes with all this in mind.
Lets take this season:

League only:
Hiwula: 14 starts 2 Goals
Godden: 14 starts 9 Goals
Biamou: 4 starts 2 Goals

All competetions this season:
Hiwula: 17 starts 4 Goals
Godden: 16 Starts 10 Goals
Biamou : 8 Starts 8 Goals

Why would you go over 8 games to judge a players ability than 100 or 200?

If we had you in charge of the club Andy Thorn would have got a 5 year contract

smileycov

Facebook User
Not for me I think stick with midfield of last
Night just put Godden back in for Biamou...Shipley & Westbrooke have played well but last night Allen & O’Hare we’re brilliant done enough to keep the shirt for me on sat and I’m not O’Hares biggest fan at times.Allen Kelly & Walsh all need to be playing for me,Allen will only get better.

marosi
Dabo rose mcfadz hyam McCallum
Walsh Kelly
Allen O’Hare
Godden
I would only change pask for Dabo

shmmeee

Why would you go over 8 games to judge a players ability than 100 or 200

The argument would be they are playing this season not all previous seasons. Doesn’t matter if they were prolific in their early 20s if we have them aged 35 as a silly example.

Sky Blue Pete

The argument would be they are playing this season not all previous seasons. Doesn’t matter if they were prolific in their early 20s if we have them aged 35 as a silly example.
That’s a good point it’s a balance. Max performance last night was excellent

shmmeee

To be clear I think Godden is better and shouldn’t be dropped. But I can see the point that Max is doing well right now and shouldn’t be held back by his previous form.

Nice discussions to be having really.

rd45

To be clear I think Godden is better and shouldn’t be dropped. But I can see the point that Max is doing well right now and shouldn’t be held back by his previous form.

Nice discussions to be having really.

Why not both? Start with two up front & O’Hare behind them.

Evo1883

mmmm, so firstly why just League 1?

This doesn't really give a conversion rate. This is how many shots they manage to get on target. What about the ones they miss?

We could look at conversion rate of shots on target. So (using Whoscored.com) Godden has 2.5 shots on target per game, over 22 games. Thats 55 shots on target. He's scored 10. So his conversion rate is 5.5. He scores a goal every 5.5 chances.

Biamou has 1.3 shots on target per game, over 14 games. Thats 18.2 shots on target. He's scored 5. So his conversion rate is 3.6. He scores a goal every 3.6 chances.

Add that to the fact that Max has started half of his games on the bench. He has played a third of the game time that Godden has.

I know it's all averages but that's my logic anyway.
:shamefullyembarrased:
Ultimately its the league where we need the goals.
Max has 1 goal every 226 minutes
10 games 2 goals

Godden has a goal every 142 minutes in the league which is a higher ratio than the leagues top scorer for example.. 17 games 9 goals

Max is a decent back up option, I like the bloke, but godden is the better striker

Last edited:

Evo1883

Also don't forget that 4 of Godden's goals weren't in the league last year so they don't count. He only managed to score 10 in the season McNulty got 23 in League 2.

Godden has a career record of a goal every 192 minutes which is a goal in just over every 2 matches.
Last season he scored a league 1 goal every 179 minutes... Over a 1 in 2.

Users who are viewing this thread