Match Thread Doncaster Rovers vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 18th Jan (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Really tough selection choice this week. Those that came in for the cup game don't deserve to lose their place, but neither do those from the league game. Don't think the FA Cup tie will affect the mindset of the players.

Ultimately comes down to the opposition and what would be best against them.

Had we been at home against a team in poor form I'd have gone for Max and Godden up front with O'Hare behind. But away against a team in form I think I'd revert to the 2 attacking midfielders and Godden up front, with the option to change it around from the bench if necessary. Energy of Shipley and Westbrooke could be a big difference, although I wouldn't be averse to Allen starting in Westbrooke's place. Wingbacks to change back to the regulars but nice to have the others on the bench, esp Pask who could also be cover for CB and possibly also Kelly/Walsh.

Been a long time since we've had this kind of selection headache and it's very welcome, but ultimately I think it may come down to MR's approach if we take the lead and/or willingness to change/make subs if we don't. So I'll sit on the fence and go 1-1.

Marosi
Rose......Fadz......Hyam
Dabo..............Kelly.......Walsh........McCallum
Shipley.................Allen
Godden

Subs: Wilson, Pask, Mason, Westbrooke, O'Hare, Biamou, Hiwula​
Look at that bench!!!

jordan210

Doncaster are on a good run and have a game in hand on us.

Would take a draw as it stands. But if we can get 3 points would be a big boost. The league is so tight this year only 10 points from 1st to 15th !

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Shipley and Westbrooke have both looked leggy of late. Shipley especially has been slightly off the ball for the last 3 (he wasnt good in the Tranmere game despite scoring). Not really a surprise with the amount of minutes they've both played recently. Given how well Allen & especially O'Hare played on Tuesday, I'd hope the latter if not both come in to deputise for one or both of the aforementioned. Other than that, Dabo & McCallum back in & Godden up top. Win = Incredible, Draw = Good, Lose = We go again!

skybluegod

Have a feeling we will win, tends to be the type of game we do well in, although every time i go to Doncaster we bloody draw!

Think we might need Allen's experience so would look to get him in

GaryJones

This is our most difficult game for a while in my opinion. A draw would be a good result however I can see us losing this one.
Ive changed my mind - Ive thought about this and now think we might actually win this game - forgive me I was going through the manopause!
Bloody hot in this room - pass me the fan.
No no its freezing get the heating on full blast.
Blimey Im sweating now!
Think you get the drift - Im now going for a narrow win.

GaryJones

PS If youre under the age of 30 you probably have no clue what Im talking about!

Great_Expectations

As I always say, and truly believe, if we play our game I’m confident of a victory. I hope MR doesn’t set us up too conservatively .

The Biamou/Godden dilemma is a great one to have. I’d go for Godden - I’m a big fan of Max and he absolutely took his chance last game, but Godden was only dropped to rest, not due to form so he deserves to keep his place.

I’d also give O’Hare another start over Westbrooke. O’Hare looked good the last two games and Westbrooke was quieter than usual. While I think Westbrooke is a better player than Shipley overall, away from home Shipley’s forward runs are crucial.

Dabo v Pask isn’t really a debate for me, it has to be Dabo. Pask is obviously a talent and it won’t be long until he’s in the team, but when he is it probably won’t be RWB, plus he’s only just back from injury, and Dabo is one of the best RB/WB in this league.

1-2, Godden, Walsh.

mmttww

Where do folks normally go for beers before the game for this one? Any designated Away pubs?

JuFoster

Doncaster definitely are one of the teams in this league that can really play.
This won’t be an easy game, and expect to be on back foot for a lot of it - but if we can dominate via our defence w. 5 at the back, we should win this.
0-1 or 1-2
Godden will strike again, or Biamou with the winner off the bench

mark82

The Cheswold Lodge ( think it is a Beefeter) is nearest to the ground. Bit of a family pub and a 5 minute walk to the ground.
I will have a couple of beers at the Turnpike in Bawtry and then drive to Donny and then back to the Turnpike to celebrate ( hopefully) afterwards.

Is that the one next to the Vue Cinema?

theferret

Doncaster one of the better teams we've played this season, have a bad feeling about this.

Got a feeling he might go two up top tomorrow.

Sky Blue Harry H

Playing great stuff at the moment and our best form of defence is attack. Forward !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irish Sky Blue

Doncaster one of the better teams we've played this season, have a bad feeling about this.

Got a feeling he might go two up top tomorrow.
I felt that the game against them at St Andrews was one of our best performances of the season. We battered them to a 1-1 draw.

theferret

I felt that the game against them at St Andrews was one of our best performances of the season. We battered them to a 1-1 draw.

Yes, we played well that day, silly amount of efforts on goal second half, but I thought they looked decent. Had a bit of quality about them. They've won 3 on the bounce, 4 out of 5 I think, so tough game tomorrow. A win would be huge.

ccfcway

they are on decent form, but one things for sure, they won’t be too happy about playing us today.

1-1

Users who are viewing this thread