Dom Hyam - Blackburn bid ? (1 Viewer)

Skybluebeliever

@Skybluebeliever
While we all appreciate the info, I think something needs clarifying here.

Earlier you said Hyam’s money is going to operational expenses and to pay for the wages of a loan. Then a short while later you said Hyam’s money isn’t enough and shitsgoingdown next week… (or words to that effect.)

While I realize you probably don’t want to say too much, any kind of clarification might help to remove around a gallon of piss off this collective bed.
Might pay for a loan from utilising his wages

Hyam initially fee received, I would imagine would not solve all our ongoing cash flow concerns , after going a month with no income

wince

Robins latest interview , sounds like he's really pissed off, Talking about hitting a celling last year , the squad want big enough as it was, now selling established players , there is only so much a manager can do

Grendel

It's clear we had to move someone to get cash in but a cut price 1.5m to a rival hurts.

The real fear is that the owners will have no qualms about selling a more prized asset on the cheap in the few days remaining.

Nah big Dave is playing hardball

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Could always invite him into his box on Wednesday for a chat.

giphy.gif

Grendel

Thanks for that m8 but the bed’s no dryer.

Regarding further transfers out; Is one looking likely next week? And if so, are we talking about a first team regular, or someone more on the fringes?

We can’t just magic a sale

it’s pretty obvious the club thought we could get rid of Hamer at a fee that would solve immediate issues. The fee rejected by Fulham was probably the first error

Then we dithered on o hare and he got injured

There actually has not been any reported interest in Gyokeres and we can’t magic a transfer and anyway that would really mean a relegation dog fight

We put hamer and o hare on big contracts dnd we haven’t sold one - it’s bad commercial management

fernandopartridge

We can’t just magic a sale

it’s pretty obvious the club thought we could get rid of Hamer at a fee that would solve immediate issues. The fee rejected by Fulham was probably the first error

Then we dithered on o hare and he got injured

There actually has not been any reported interest in Gyokeres and we can’t magic a transfer and anyway that would really mean a relegation dog fight

We put hamer and o hare on big contracts dnd we haven’t sold one - it’s bad commercial management
Which has been compounded by the disaster of cancelling the opening 3 home games of the season

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

The sale and no investment is proper shit if that’s what it is to be.

As a separate note, at the start of the window I’d be intrigued to see what value everyone put on Hyam. We won’t ever know the official figure but if someone said £2m for him, I wouldn’t have been particularly against selling him. Again, huge caveat of reinvesting.
Not surprised to see someone who doesn’t rate Hyam at all slating the fee we’ve received as being too low. You couldn’t make it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

The sale and no investment is proper shit if that’s what it is to be.

As a separate note, at the start of the window I’d be intrigued to see what value everyone put on Hyam. We won’t ever know the official figure but if someone said £2m for him, I wouldn’t have been particularly against selling him. Again, huge caveat of reinvesting.
Not surprised to see someone who doesn’t rate Hyam at all slating the fee we’ve received as being too low. You couldn’t make it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing is before we replace Hyam we need to replace Fadz, possibly Kane, possibly Moore, get our own LCB and LWB in.

None of our defence is amazing, but Hyam was young and ours and fit most of the time and that counts for a lot.

Blind-Faith

We’ve always been a club that’s has had to sell, but usually it’s a young player whose come through the system. We haven’t produced a top top talent for a while now, so loss of sales from first three games , bigger contracts given to current squad members and no doubt money also being used to sort the pitch out, it’s no surprise Hyam going.

Slightly disappointed with the reported fee of £1.5 mill tbh though , but if it’s structured where most is paid upfront and keeps us ticking over then so be it.

maybe a chance for one of the younger cbs at the club to step up? But if we do sell anyone else now for peanuts I will be very very pissed off. Already starting to feel conned into getting my season ticket

Blind-Faith

Are any of the U23s CBs rated?

I believe the younger Burroughs brother is quite highly thought of. We have McGrath aswell. Don’t know much else.

what ever happens, I just don’t want to see Dabo deployed at CB. We have rose fadz Panzo Doyle Bidwell looked good there aswell, I always thought sheaf looked class at CB when he played there last season aswell. Just not Dabo please 🙏

wingy

It's quite astonishing that selling your tickets via a third party company can somehow stifle your ability to operate and use your income how and when you want

Perplexing?

Skybluebeliever

People forget that in the summer of the St Andrews move the club would've received the second instalment from McNulty, sold both Chaplin and Bayliss as well as McCallum in January.

Conversely, the club hasn't received a windfall from a player sale/sell-on clause since Wilson was sold two years ago.

It's fairly obvious why the club is now struggling.
They are also possibly having to still pay lump sump instalments for Hamer,Walker, Sheaf and Vik

Every single player has had a significant increase in wages plus players brought in are on higher wages ( Moore,,Waghorn etc

Bidwell wages would increase budget as Walker has now returned as well as adding Palmer this season

EFL loan having to be repaid

And no significant player sales in the last few seasons

McNulty ,Bayliss and McCallum didn’t really kick on with their clubs, this would have affected future payments when sold

Chaplin actually has provided a good return based on his short stay

Users who are viewing this thread