Dom Hyam - Blackburn bid ? (5 Viewers)

rob9872

heard from someone fairly reliable he hasn’t travelled with the squad
I have too, although we must prepare properly without him or any distractions. Doesn't mean it's over the line yet, but can't have someone not fully 100% or mind on the job. Yes I know he's contracted and a professional before someone says different, but he's also human and only natural not a criticism. It could be he's been asked to stay behind and reflect and think his options through. Despite his Scottish birth, he's also a Reading lad and quite a home/family boy I believe and still lives that way as do his family, so would need to relocate which might be a sticking block yet.

Nick

Administrator
Obviously not, I'm being hyperbolic.

Still doesn't make any sense to me to make your squad weaker, lose a valuable part of it and use that just to fund operating costs.

We need big sales and promising players coming in.

What we've got is mediocre sales of a solid player for no return.

Well we don't know yet as it hasn't happened and the window hasn't closed.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well, we shall see how important he is soon won't be. A certain poster on here recently put him in the list with Reid, Shipley and Dacosta of not good enough. Soon find out.

That same certain poster has also dedicated threads to praising Hyam's improvement but nice try

Sky Blue Harry H

That is coming, next week.

Pack it in will you. Why give us a long run towards misery. If you turn out to be wrong, I will put you on my 'annoying' list, and if you turn out to be right, then I'm going to upgrade you to a more annoying level (even if it's not your fault) :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Skyblue_CP

It’s nothing more than a panic sale, senseless selling a decent reliable CB that starts week in week out less than a week before the season starts, to almost certainly not be replaced when we leak goals like they’re going out of fashion anyway. Not to mention we play a system with 3 CB’s and now have only 4 recognised CBs on the books 2 of which are loan players.

Moff

The problem isn’t short term it’s long.

We need to sell for enough profit to cover both the losses and a replacement and ideally another. If we don’t then squad quality declines. It’s like selling your car because you’re short of cash then having no way to get to work. It just isn’t sustainable.

The financial management of the club has been horrific, masked by a once in a generation manager and a pandemic.

To solve the problem of a high rent for the ground we’ve ended up bleeding millions, sowing distrust among fans, and sharing with a load of egg chasers who call the shots. We’ve invested virtually nothing in net terms in the playing squad, failed to sell players at their peak and failed to replace those we have sold with more potential.

If the manager falters or goes, we drop back pretty quickly to an average L1 side sharing our pitch with a bunch of buffaloes and in a ground far too big for us.

8 Fucking years they’ve had to sort this crap out and it’s about to chop the most successful manager of my lifetime off at the knees.

Sorry, went a bit off piste there.

I don't disagree at all, but neither did I say a short term fix was what was needed.

The problem is its not what we think or want, its what our wildly unambitious and shit owners decide.

If they think plug the gap short term is best, that's what they will do. For people with supposed business acumen they have no foresight, no strategy and certainly no ambition. Its one fuck up after another

Matt smith

It’s nothing more than a panic sale, senseless selling a decent reliable CB that starts week in week out less than a week before the season starts, to almost certainly not be replaced when we leak goals like they’re going out of fashion anyway. Not to mention we play a system with 3 CB’s and now have only 4 recognised CBs on the books 2 of which are loan players.
I think Dom leaving is the least of our worries

Sky Blue Harry H

Does seem like a panic sale to plug the gaps.

You could easily rephrase that as

Does seem like a sale to plug the gaps (which although a shame, is fine by me)

If we then sold Vik, I will feel completely different about it (as i worry, would MR)

Players come and go, but the timing would be sh*t, and it isn't too difficult to envisage a mood shift in the fanbase, which would be a real shame given the fantastic improvement in the atmosphere over the last few seasons. I'm going to Hull tomorrow and a victory would be a real shot in the arm that we all need.

stupot07

Have the club actually accepted a bid from Blackburn? John Dawkins is thanking him and wishing him well on Twitter but there's nothing at all on the Cov Tel website, not even about them being interested.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ian1779

Have the club actually accepted a bid from Blackburn? John Dawkins is thanking him and wishing him well on Twitter but there's nothing at all on the Cov Tel website, not even about them being interested.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Someone else on Twitter suggesting this…

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If we then sold Vik, I will feel completely different about it (as i worry, would MR)

Players come and go, but the timing would be sh*t, and it isn't too difficult to envisage a mood shift in the fanbase, which would be a real shame given the fantastic improvement in the atmosphere over the last few seasons. I'm going to Hull tomorrow and a victory would be a real shot in the arm that we all need.

If we sold Hyam and Vik I would completely understand it if the management team walked.

Where's the panic GIF? I know the transfer window hasn't closed yet but it doesn't seem so funny now does it.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we sold Hyam and Vik I would completely understand it if the management team walked.

Where's the panic GIF? I know the transfer window hasn't closed yet but it doesn't seem so funny now does it.

It's fine we're still 3rd
It's fine we're still in the playoffs
It's fine we're still in the top half
It's fine we're still in the Championship
It's fine we're still not Derby
It's fine Accrington are a strong side at this level
It's fine...

larry_david

A win tomorrow is vital as you can imagine the carnage of social media negativity that will follow

clint van damme

Let's be honest, from the moment some fans tried, and failed, to get 'Hyam the one and only' going as his song, his days were numbered.

Brighton Sky Blue

Let's be honest, from the moment some fans tried, and failed, to get 'Hyam the one and only' going as his song, his days were numbered.

Users who are viewing this thread