Dom Hyam - Blackburn bid ? (2 Viewers)

Perryccfc

We can’t just magic a sale

it’s pretty obvious the club thought we could get rid of Hamer at a fee that would solve immediate issues. The fee rejected by Fulham was probably the first error

Then we dithered on o hare and he got injured

There actually has not been any reported interest in Gyokeres and we can’t magic a transfer and anyway that would really mean a relegation dog fight

We put hamer and o hare on big contracts dnd we haven’t sold one - it’s bad commercial management

God you’re a twat

mark82

Yeah just hard to understand how they can influence when you receive it?

Under normal circumstances I imagine it possibly benefits the club through the season as they get continuous cash flow. Obviously this season that may have bitten us in the bum.

Assume it also benefits Ticketmaster to do it that way too.

shmmeee

Hardly.

Delusional is not realising we are a selling club.

We take a player we got on a free and sell him for (whatever) million-no disputing it’s a really good bit of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its good business if we can reinvest. If not it’s bad business signifying a declining company. If you can’t afford to restock you don’t have a business.

wingy

Under normal circumstances I imagine it possibly benefits the club through the season as they get continuous cash flow. Obviously this season that may have bitten us in the bum.

Assume it also benefits Ticketmaster to do it that way too.
While it may be be prudent I'm fairly sure a competent business is capable of budgeting income, I mean we've a recent longterm disruption of business where I think fortunately a lot of fans left their funds in the club rather than claiming it back.
Say something like a particularly harsh winter disrupted 3months of the season, could be enough to cripple many teams?

Brighton Sky Blue

Hardly.

Delusional is not realising we are a selling club.

We take a player we got on a free and sell him for (whatever) million-no disputing it’s a really good bit of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're suggesting it's been done with a plan in mind, which if it were true would have been completed when Blackburn originally came in with a higher offer. It's happening because we're that desperate for short term cash that we're OK selling a player off at a reduced price with barely a week of the window remaining.

Evo1883

To be fair , I'm proper looking forward to Michael rose pinging it across the box to an opposition player 2 times a match every match from this point on
giphy.gif

Evo1883

Just dawned on me the fee is lower than Oxford sold Luke McNally, Rob Atkinson and Rob Dickie for. Hyam has played 2 seasons of Championship football (and statistically is up there, although I tend not to agree) and none of those three had.

A stat guy on twitter says coventry are selling really low at 1.5 in this league.. I thought 2.5 was decent but maybe I'm just miles out the loop of this divisions transfer activity

larry_david

Just dawned on me the fee is lower than Oxford sold Luke McNally, Rob Atkinson and Rob Dickie for. Hyam has played 2 seasons of Championship football (and statistically is up there, although I tend not to agree) and none of those three had.
1.5 mill is an absolute bargain for Blackburn. He's had two promotions, been made stand in captain and is MRs go too every time, two seasons in the Championship and got better and better each year. For me a fee of 3m minimum is perfectly just

Matt smith

1.5 mill is an absolute bargain for Blackburn. He's had two promotions, been made stand in captain and is MRs go too every time, two seasons in the Championship and got better and better each year. For me a fee of 3m minimum is perfectly just
Classic Sisu,

bottle it in the closing stages of the window and fleecing players on the cheap

leopards never change their spots

i fucking hate how these owners have ruined the optimism of this season and seasons gone by

Last edited:

Alkhen

Might pay for a loan from utilising his wages

Hyam initially fee received, I would imagine would not solve all our ongoing cash flow concerns , after going a month with no income

Yeah but it's not like we won't get at least a good majority of the lost income back when the games are played. As long as the it covers us in the short term.

David O'Day

Classic Sisu,

bottle it in the closing stages of the window and fleecing players on the cheap

leopards never change their spots

i fucking hate how these owners have ruined the last decade of supporting my club

it’s not fair

Mate, you are either a WUM or in need of help.

GaryJones

At 1.5m for a player with 2 years left on a new deal this represents a steal for Blackburn - very disappointed unless we have a stellar replacement lined up!
My burst balloon is fluttering back down to earth ☹️

David O'Day

I’m not a wind up merchant

have they not bottled it by selling Dom on the cheap with 4 days to go till the window shuts

The fact that all you seem to do is act like it's the end of the world and sure fire relegation now matter what we do.

You're either a WUM or you spend your day like this

"The milks turned, it's SISU's fault and we are going down"

"Can't find my keys, relegation here we come"

Honestly, if we need to sell someone then I'd rather it not be one of the big three or sheaf.

Matt smith

The fact that all you seem to do is act like it's the end of the world and sure fire relegation now matter what we do.

You're either a WUM or you spend your day like this

"The milks turned, it's SISU's fault and we are going down"

"Can't find my keys, relegation here we come"

Honestly, if we need to sell someone then I'd rather it not be one of the big three or sheaf.
It’s not the end of the world

point being is that things are very concerning right now

I’d agree with the last comment

Would your opinion change if we sold gyokeres?

Im not a wind up merchant. And yes I feel If we sell gyokeres without an adequate replacement I feel it’ll be a long season

Sky Blue Pete

You're suggesting it's been done with a plan in mind, which if it were true would have been completed when Blackburn originally came in with a higher offer. It's happening because we're that desperate for short term cash that we're OK selling a player off at a reduced price with barely a week of the window remaining.
I’ve no idea of the figure but why are you believing just the worst facts ??

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ve no idea of the figure but why are you believing just the worst facts ??

The post described the sale as though it were planned out. Why then are we selling him at a knock down price with a week to go and not longer ago with a higher bid?

The answer would seem to be because we’re desperate for cash even if the fee won’t touch the sides of our money woes

Users who are viewing this thread