Dom Hyam - Blackburn bid ? (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

She will be sat in block 15 as the boxes are not open!

Couldn't organise a piss up in a Brewery.

usskyblue

Good, I’ll leave a donation in her handbag. 👍

dumb-and-dumber-toilet.gif

coop

It's possible, but it's also possible they made another enquiry to check the lay of the land. We knew we've had an almost perfect storm of issues thanks to no home games and likely funding the pitch repairs so I'm sure members of rivals in the same business would be aware of our situation.

What's more worrying is that it sends a clear message to anyone else that was interested in our players to have another crack. Could Burnley come back in with another O'Hare offer, but lowered because of our difficulties and O'Hare's injury, just to see what we say? At worst we say no, at best they get a player for less than they were originally willing to pay. Same with those that have supposedly been sniffing around Gyo.
Definitely think Boddy rang them up and said are you still interested as this championship club is skint .Reply yes but alot less.

Sky Blue Pete

@Skybluebeliever has been saying this for weeks
Look at all the problems the club has had in a short space of time
It must be extremely difficult trying to run the club on a day to day basis
As Wasps can't even pay their PAYE liabilities to HMRC it's likely we have had to finance the pitch repairs
The management team must have had a lot of sleepless nights recently
But but but they are rubbish and we all saw this coming after the commonwealth games .
A voice of reason!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

harvey098

Yes I see it all now

Robins “where’s all the lads why aren’t they in for training”

Boddy “Harvey from SBT said we need to be like tescos”

Robins “what have you done now”

Boddy “stock clearance sale I’ve sold everyone - well no one wanted Jamie I think he must be running late”

You’ll kick yourself when you realise what an analogy is.

As for the energy spent on the above; I’d stick to your wheelhouse of miserable and negative posts - not sure humour is your thing 😕

Last edited:

Sick Boy

How many times do these so called experts say 'you have to pay a premium buying near the end of the window'. Don't they know you go back to the buying club to tell them their target is actually available at a lower price than their original offer?

The whole way the club is run is beyond embarrassing. Amazingly there are a few on here who think it’s going well.

Brighton Sky Blue

The whole way the club is run is beyond embarrassing. Amazingly there are a few on here who think it’s going well.

That clip of Stewart Donald being duped into paying £3-4 million for Will Grigg showed how it's done. Can imagine a similar film crew capturing Boddy go
'They're offering £3 million? Go back to them and tell them it's £1.5 million, no more bullshit.'
'Err Dave, we're selling, not buying mate.'
'Sod off I know what I'm doing Dom'

aviles

I don’t normally post, but after reading some of the things being said on here and Facebook regarding Hyams transfer i thought I’d chuck my penny in

Hyam has been great servant for the club, he was part of the squad that helped get the club back to where we belong. But the reality is he is not good enough to take us to the prem.

We all know the clubs model. We are a selling club, we have debt from the covid period that needs to be covered we all knew someone needed to be sold. We all worried it would be one of the ‘big 3’ so far (touch wood) it looks as though the 3 are staying. At the start of the transfer window if as a fan base we were told we would hold onto the big 3 we would bring in competition for ohare and bring in a couple of young prospects on loan im pretty certain 99% would have taken that.
As a fan base we love a loyal player, but that doesn’t mean they are good enough to take us to that next step. Grimmer, Biamou, Shipley and Hyam all great servants and come across as good people but all are not good enough to take us to that next level and at some stage needed to be moved on.
I agree the timing on hyam could have been better and we have limited time to get him replaced but there could be numerous reasons for this, as some have said maybe sisu are on the verge of selling up so trying to pocket some
Money (I don’t believe that’s the case as we would have sold the big 3) maybe we banked on selling kane to make up for some of the covid money but nothing materialised there so far. Who knows, but what I do know is being a cov fan has never been an easy job and isn’t going to change anytime soon we will always lose players that we love but sometimes we need to take off our rose tinted glasses and be a little more realistic as to who we are as a club. We are no longer a premier league giant, we are a bottom end championship club on paper who have a great manager and assistant and play some exciting football

edgy

Probably get pelters for this but - does anyone have any evidence to say Boddy went back to Blackburn and offered Hyam for a reduced price?

Or is that speculation to fit the narrative?

Is it beyond reasonable thought to suggest Boddy went back to Blackburn and said he wasn't for sale back in July for £x but he is now?

Gynnsthetonic

Are Sisu doing this to further distress Wasp and claim compensation for the loss of earnings because of the pitch fiasco meaning we've had to sell one of our better players to balance the books. I'm sure a bridging loan could of been found from their masterfund. Another court case for breach of contract on the cards?

oldfiver

Are Sisu doing this to further distress Wasp and claim compensation for the loss of earnings because of the pitch fiasco meaning we've had to sell one of our better players to balance the books. I'm sure a bridging loan could of been found from their masterfund. Another court case for breach of contract on the cards?

Would not work - end of

KenilworthSkyBlue

Probably get pelters for this but - does anyone have any evidence to say Boddy went back to Blackburn and offered Hyam for a reduced price?

Or is that speculation to fit the narrative?

Is it beyond reasonable thought to suggest Boddy went back to Blackburn and said he wasn't for sale back in July for £x but he is now?

I presume at this stage it is pure speculation. Perhaps it is to fit the narrative, perhaps there's something more to it.

That being said IF Boddy was the instigator in negotiations one can assume it would've put the club in a poor negotiating position which ultimately would've had an impact on the final fee agreed. As IF Boddy has rang the DOF up and enquired whether they are still interested that has immediately placed the power firmly into the Blackburn camp.

Equally, the entire industry will know the club is currently in a poor cashflow position due to having no home games so far - and as a result the club likely demanded more upfront as it needs cash immediately to plug the cashflow shortage which would mean the total fee agreed is likely to be less.

Users who are viewing this thread