Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Do you want to discuss boring politics? (19 Viewers)

"I'm not a fascist" I think he was saying, whilst harassing and threatening a man with a different opinion to him until he does agree with him. The bloke is an absolute wanker, and the crying at clutching of the bible in the courtroom - ridiculous.
If you’re on bail I would imagine it’s sensible to avoid breaking the law
 
Is it necessary?

A strange response to a different question. I’d argue many things are far less necessary than this. I think it’s all a bit of a red herring anyway tbh
 
The Overton window hasn’t shifted to the right like many on the left believe. We spend more on welfare, tax the middle and rich (not super rich - who are unfortunately outside of proper taxable control) more and immigration has gone through the roof in the last 10-15 years ?

That shift has meant many on the right/centre right have felt no option than choose further right parties which is a really worrying trend in the UK, Europe and the west in general

Like many times in politics, people/political movements overplay their hand and you end up with the opposite of what the intention was. As I’ve mentioned this has been exacerbated by a number of global events like GFC, Covid, wars (and linked inflation) etc etc which everyone seems to ignore and expect everything to be the same as before. The worlds changed
The Overton window is about what the public perceive as being acceptable policy and that has drifted right. If it hadn't Reform wouldn't be a thing.
 
A strange response to a different question. I’d argue many things are far less necessary than this. I think it’s all a bit of a red herring anyway tbh
I view it as a slow recouping of all the gains,(property) that have been gained over a lifetime but the average dweller let alone the switched on are not meant to have access to?
 
Is it necessary?
The UK has historically had a low pension and low tax rates but if you look at the tax rates and compare them to the pension the comparison with some countries is favourable & others it is. Trouble is with fewer people owning a house with no mortgage and an enormous percentage of their income going on rent are the government's policies impoverishing older folk?
1790786625881.webp
1790787434357.webp
1790787493816.webp
 
The UK has historically had a low pension and low tax rates but if you look at the tax rates and compare them to the pension the comparison with some countries is favourable & others it is. Trouble is with fewer people owning a house with no mortgage and an enormous percentage of their income going on rent are the government's policies impoverishing older folk?
View attachment 55284
View attachment 55285
View attachment 55286
There is still a relatively high amount of home ownership without a mortgage in older people. It's the younger generations yet to receive a pension that would have more of a problem when they got to that age.
 
Why are we having a propaganda broadcast with people blowing smoke up Burnhams arse? Is this North Korea now?
 
Great burnham speech
Love the bit about Brexit and the triple lock and the public ownership

Anyone else see it
I don’t think we’d get let back in - Needs a unanimous vote of all member states and I think we’d be vetoed by at least one considering we were in a pretty awkward relationship with the EU for nearly 50 years

Even if we did we will never go back to how we were with the EU - We wouldn’t be afforded the same concessions we were when we originally in either, it would be full membership - Euro, Schengen everything
 
I don’t think we’d get let back in - Needs a unanimous vote of all member states and I think we’d be vetoed by at least one considering we were in a pretty awkward relationship with the EU for nearly 50 years

Even if we did we will never go back to how we were with the EU - We wouldn’t be afforded the same concessions we were when we originally in either, it would be full membership - Euro, Schengen everything

Burnham said we would never join the EU again when campaigning in Makenham - how odd
 
There is still a relatively high amount of home ownership without a mortgage in older people. It's the younger generations yet to receive a pension that would have more of a problem when they got to that age.
Absolutely, so removing the triple lock will effect them more in the longer term.
 
Wait till you find out about ReformTV GB News.

I don’t agree with Farage being allowed to present and get paid by it
 
Finally we agree on something!

Bookmark it everyone

I’ve said it before. I don’t think people should be paid for political messaging when in parliament. I said the same when Corbyn was paid by Al Jazeera and Russia today. Same for Lee Anderson
 
Why are we having a propaganda broadcast with people blowing smoke up Burnhams arse? Is this North Korea now?

Don't think opposition parties get TV spots in North Korea, but crack on! it's a PPB, what you expecting? It's literally a few mins where a Party gets to sell themselves.
 
Don't think opposition parties get TV spots in North Korea, but crack on! it's a PPB, what you expecting? It's literally a few mins where a Party gets to sell themselves.

It was just Andy Burnham selling himself.
 
It was just Andy Burnham selling himself.

Is it that wild for the government to use a short TV spot to 'sell' their new leader to a public that didn't get a chance to vote for him? It was a few people talking about when they met him and what he did for them or their organisation. Not sold on the idea that a new leader using a short spot to try and set out their 'brand' is equivalent to living under an authoritarian dictator.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom