Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Do you want to discuss boring politics? (26 Viewers)

They made up a huge number with the central bank policy then promised to give it away to people.

Yep, doesn’t matter because they weren’t campaigning to be in government. The Lib Dems, Greens and Reform do not need plans for government…
 
David Lammy of course is another of the 10%

7% of school age children have a private education. Sunak's cabinet was 65% privately educated.
 
7% of school age children have a private education. Sunak's cabinet was 65% privately educated.

So what? Starmer did not go to a comp. David Lammy did not either.

Margaret Thatcher, Theresa May and John Major were state educated and Anthony Charles Lynton Blair was not

My guess is you voted for the private one out of the above four
 
Looking forward to people not celebrating a Jude Bellingham goal because they are jealous of what school he went to.

Class envy really is tragic resentment
 
I think he's actually more concerned with the amount of people coming into the country and the effect that's having on the already underfunded infrastructure and services etc.

But to thick fucks without the brain cells to understand that, he's just a mouthy racist.
You’re so right obviously…..

 
David Lammy's school was comprehensive by the time he went there. Starmer's school was a state school when he started there.

Starmers was not a comprehensive and the school has attacked his policy on tax rises

Lammy it is claimed had a scholarship to attend a selective based religious school?
 
tarmers was not a comprehensive
I didn't say it was, but he did go there as a state school, and it's disengenuous to claim otherwise. What did you want him to be, less intelligent and hard working so he could fail his eleven plus?
 
I didn't say it was, but he did go there as a state school, and it's disengenuous to claim otherwise.

I didn’t. I said it was selective and the same as major thatcher and may. So the only actual comp leader in the last decade has been Liz Truss
 
"before we could be friends and talk, can you tell me who you vote for, which school you went to, what your parents did, how much you earn?"

Do people really act like this in the real world? I've never asked anybody who they voted for or what school they went to so I could judge them? I have no clue what any of my mates earn and likewise they don't me, zero interest in all that shit.
 
I mean, the tories have had 3 women PMs, A British Indian PM and ethnically diverse cabinets...... but I wouldn't try and argue that reflects any real level of representation, any more than I would argue Wes Streeting having tasted a free school meal or being educated in a porta-kabin somehow represents me....

Whats the percentage (and split) of private v state educated MPs ? That number would be more interesting than a sample size of a cabinet....
 
"before we could be friends and talk, can you tell me who you vote for, which school you went to, what your parents did, how much you earn?"

Do people really act like this in the real world? I've never asked anybody who they voted for or what school they went to so I could judge them? I have no clue what any of my mates earn and likewise they don't me, zero interest in all that shit.
Let’s be honest you’ve two footed all of them before they could ask.
 
Yep, doesn’t matter because they weren’t campaigning to be in government. The Lib Dems, Greens and Reform do not need plans for government…

But they’ve decided they’re going to dictate policy agenda on a host of things that are fundamentally unrealistic.

I’m going to start a political party which involves free Bentleys for all. Doesn’t matter that it isn’t achievable, that’s for the others to sort out. In the meantime, want a free Bentley? Vote SBAndy.
 
But they’ve decided they’re going to dictate policy agenda on a host of things that are fundamentally unrealistic.

I’m going to start a political party which involves free Bentleys for all. Doesn’t matter that it isn’t achievable, that’s for the others to sort out. In the meantime, want a free Bentley? Vote SBAndy.

No different to people wanting free houses ;)
 
But they’ve decided they’re going to dictate policy agenda on a host of things that are fundamentally unrealistic.

I’m going to start a political party which involves free Bentleys for all. Doesn’t matter that it isn’t achievable, that’s for the others to sort out. In the meantime, want a free Bentley? Vote SBAndy.
Sorry, I'm voting for the Hillman Hunter party.
 
Ah shit, we'd best overturn the election because Starmer's school became fee paying after he joined.
 
But they’ve decided they’re going to dictate policy agenda on a host of things that are fundamentally unrealistic.

I’m going to start a political party which involves free Bentleys for all. Doesn’t matter that it isn’t achievable, that’s for the others to sort out. In the meantime, want a free Bentley? Vote SBAndy.

Sign me up!
 
So what? Starmer did not go to a comp. David Lammy did not either.

Margaret Thatcher, Theresa May and John Major were state educated and Anthony Charles Lynton Blair was not

My guess is you voted for the private one out of the above four
You’ve been given the so what
It’s about understanding who you represent
You may disagree but that’s the argument
 
But they’ve decided they’re going to dictate policy agenda on a host of things that are fundamentally unrealistic.

I’m going to start a political party which involves free Bentleys for all. Doesn’t matter that it isn’t achievable, that’s for the others to sort out. In the meantime, want a free Bentley? Vote SBAndy.

I think it's more nuanced than that. The two main parties set the terms of what is 'realistic' whether that is true or not. The other parties can help to open the debate on what is or isn't realistic.
 
.
And to prove the point chuck in a ridiculous comment for good measure.
not intended to be ridiculous. it's healthier for all of us if there is a meaningful opposition in place.
labour will have more power than their % of the vote should have given them.
power without depth of support is a dangerous mixture.
 
So what? Starmer did not go to a comp. David Lammy did not either.

Margaret Thatcher, Theresa May and John Major were state educated and Anthony Charles Lynton Blair was not

My guess is you voted for the private one out of the above four
I love it when you use Tony Blairs full name hahaha
 
not intended to be ridiculous. it's healthier for all of us if there is a meaningful opposition in place.
labour will have more power than their % of the vote should have given them.
power without depth of support is a dangerous mixture.
It may well focus their minds on trying to get stuff done if they know their popular support is fragile.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom