Match Thread Derby match thread (2 Viewers)

edgy

I’m already anxious about this game , 6 points from the next 2 games are an absolute must in my opinion . If Godden is fit I would give him the last half hour ,

Thinking about Godden. I'd do the reverse of that. Play him from the start when all the other players are at their sharpest. See what impact he makes with everyone at full tilt. We do seem to start quite well recently and then fade away allowing opposition to grasp the game. Bringing Godden on when O'Hare & Co are shot won't change a thing.

higgs

We need to get a win against derby now we haven't been averaging a point a game for our last 11 games I think we only got 9 so we need to show some fight now and pick up a few points

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AOM

Technically true but misleading as it is removing all context.

Back 4:
Pl 6
W 2 - Cardiff (H), Sheff Wed (H)
D 3 - Derby (A), Birmingham (H & A)
L 1 - Forest (H)
9pts -1.5ppg

Back 3:
26pts from 28 games - 0.93ppg

So we've only ever played a back 4 on 6 occasions, all of them against teams in/around relegation (at the time in Cardiff's case).

Some of them have been by far our worst performances of the season - the home fixture vs a pretty poor Birmingham was very lucky for example, that's the match where Jutkiewicz missed a hat-trick of really good chances & we only had an xG>1 in 2 out of the 6 fixtures so never looked like scoring many either.

The system was rightly ditched after just 3 games & only revisited for another 3 out of necessity when McFadz missed games through a ban & Covid.

Nice one, thanks.
That makes some interesting reading

Paxman II

.........................MOROSI
..........OSTIGARRD....McFAZDEAN
DABO......................................MC.CALLUM
................KELLY........JAMES................
...............HAMER.......O'HARE.............
..........................ALLEN.......................
........................WALKER......................

2-0

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Thinking about Godden. I'd do the reverse of that. Play him from the start when all the other players are at their sharpest. See what impact he makes with everyone at full tilt. We do seem to start quite well recently and then fade away allowing opposition to grasp the game. Bringing Godden on when O'Hare & Co are shot won't change a thing.
Get Allen and Bapaga on the bench heck and Tavares

cov donkey kick

2-0
Kelly and James playing together solidfys us a lot with hamer and ohare close behind the striker
Makes sense I he plays up top without max so I would go for this line up.

Jagmannn

If a New manager was to step in now .....would he be able to add belief to the team & get them to play basic tactics & to the strengths of the players ...........just asking

Evo1883

For me... We need to try and stay solid for the remainder of our games..

If that means re adding a man to midfield then so be it..

Simply going for it with 2 upfront and long balls isn't the answer overall

James next to Kelly, hamer next to o hare... That way we have a forward threat and we dont concede 1.5 million free kicks in our half a match

3421or 5221 whatever way you want to see it

procdoc

If a New manager was to step in now .....would he be able to add belief to the team & get them to play basic tactics & to the strengths of the players ...........just asking
Here we go again. Who would you bring in who’s better than Robins that would be interested in managing us?

Johhny Blue

2-0
Walker is not good enough to play that role

KenilworthSkyBlue

2-0

Agree with this, however I'd replace Allen with Gyokeres or Biamou and play two up top.

Jagmannn

In past 24 hours the forum has ripped Robins a new arsehole ......now some saying we don t hold him responsible for this mess........He needs help ?.......when Bournemouth started to fail they brought fresh blood in & asked old hands to help ( Harry Redknapp ) ....Coventry have done in the past , when we used wheel out John Sillet.........we need look at all angles

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Walker is not good enough to play that role

giphy.gif

Skybluebeliever

We need to get Kelly, James, o‘hare and Hamer in the side , these four are our strongest midfield players , I would play max at the top on his own

johnwillomagic

Walker would be useless on his own up top so he is not an option in that formation unless he plays behind the main striker in the box if we play one up top he doesn't play!

Frostie

In past 24 hours the forum has ripped Robins a new arsehole ......now some saying we don t hold him responsible for this mess........He needs help ?.......when Bournemouth started to fail they brought fresh blood in & asked old hands to help ( Harry Redknapp ) ....Coventry have done in the past , when we used wheel out John Sillet.........we need look at all angles

And Jim Smith to help Roland Nilsson...
That worked well.

shmmeee

Did anybody hear the statistic somebody sent into CWR before the game about us playing 5 at the back vs 4? I only heard part of it.

Sounded pretty interesting that the 4 at the back win % was actually a lot better

Haven’t we only played about five games with four at the back?

stupot07

I'd go to a back 4 and maybe play a diamond to get James and Kelly in the same side.

--------------------Marosi
Dabo-ostigard-mcfadzean-mccallum
---------------------Kelly
------hamer------------------James
-------------------o'Hare
-------------walker----biamou

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

what’s Phil Neal doing these days?

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I'd go to a back 4 and maybe play a diamond to get James and Kelly in the same side.

--------------------Marosi
Dabo-ostigard-mcfadzean-mccallum
---------------------Kelly
------hamer------------------James
-------------------o'Hare
-------------walker----biamou

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yes please I want to see this
ROBINS IF YOU’RE READING THIS PLEASEEEE

Paxman II

Walker would not be the lone 'man up top' in that formation. The idea is support comes forward with him 90 % of the time with some pace from Allen and O'Hare buzzing around him, and hamer lurking for any loose ball. That way we are a threat. Lumping it long is not our style, whether that's with two up top of one.
Lets face it one or two players playing themselves to fitness and will get better each game (Dabo,Kelly, Rose) But equally some fresh legs would be useful energy to have (Allen) Less tiring on Hamer too, pushing him more forward as he is a threat in or around the box. They can rotate from midfield....James move forward, Hamer remain back, and vis a versa. Get service to Walker around the box and he will score as will Godden. You have to get players and the ball in the box to score.

cc84cov

Walker would not be the lone 'man up top' in that formation. The idea is support comes forward with him 90 % of the time with some pace from Allen and O'Hare buzzing around him, and hamer lurking for any loose ball. That way we are a threat. Lumping it long is not our style, whether that's with two up top of one.
Lets face it one or two players playing themselves to fitness and will get better each game (Dabo,Kelly, Rose) But equally some fresh legs would be useful energy to have (Allen) Less iring on Hamer too pushing him more forward. They can rotate from midfield....james move forward, Hamer remain back and vis a versa. Get service to Walker around the box and he will score as will Godden.
You can’t seriously be wanting max to play that lone role ? We need goals he’s got no end product

Users who are viewing this thread