Match Thread Derby match thread (5 Viewers)

Johhny Blue

Walker had 2 50/50 one one ones with the keeper ( one in each half) and pulled out of both at the last second. Make the keeper at least work for it.
Max had one and at least came together with their keeper (who then faked a sore shoulder)
Just to be clear I’m not claiming that Max is better than Walker but he does get more involved.

Johhny Blue

Just checked the opponents site as per normal before our games.
Pretty well informed fans. Lots of complimentary posts about us.
It’s just like our game threads.
“3, 4,or 5 at the back?”
Which keeper should we use”
“Must win game”
“I’d take a draw”
We need to get back to our passing game”
“We need to nullify their pressing game”

There’s pictures of Gordon Milne and Ian Wallace in the chocolate kit discussions of SISU and our Ricoh return and even a video and discussion of the donkey kick.
A good read overall

Gregbant

Until others return from injuries the selection against Boro is probably our best for Derby. We need the full backs to push higher get down the wings and get crosses in, otherwise we end up depending on set pieces or Hamer.

Sky Blue Harry H

Please do not let Godden on the pitch unless we are 2 or 3 goals ahead (or down) and we just want to let him get a feel for playing again.

Johhny Blue

You know what cringes me out, when people call players by their first name
10 reasons to use first names:

1. They’re usually shorter and you can get back to more important things.

2. Even the baby fans know who you mean when you refer to “Clarrie”or “Big George”
3. Most fans on SBT can spell “Tommy” correctly.
4. A few years ago it was easier to yell “come on Jordan” than it was to look up and actually see who had the ball.
5. Nobody had time to say “Ogrizovich”
6. It’s not as easy to confuse Neil Martin with Martin O Niell.
7. We could use Gyorkes’s first name but no-one knows what it is.
8. Pele.
9. Everyone knows who Mark is. There’s about six variations of “Robins”
10. It proves we know the players well and don’t just read the back of their shirts.

Last edited:

mrtrench

2. Even the baby fans know who you mean when you refer to “Clarrie”or “Big George”
4. A few years ago it was easier to yell “come on Jordan” than it was to look up and actually see who had the ball.
6. It’s not as easy to confuse Neil Martin with Martin O Neal.
8. Pele.
10. It proves we know the players well and don’t just read the back of their shirts.

This will be on the CET site within 10 minutes.

robbiekeane

“Name” Dictionary definition:
Word by which a person animal place or thing is known addressed or referred to

6. It’s not as easy to confuse Neil Martin with Martin O Neal.
8. Pele.
No way I'm typing out sams surname every time I comment on his performance and he wasn't got an abbreviated nickname like Osti or McFaz so Christian name it is!
wow that caused a ripple

Bugsy

Mark Robins will continue to assess the fitness of Coventry City's star striker Matty Godden today before deciding whether he's ready to return against the Rams.
Godden may not be fit enough to start but, as we have seen in recent weeks with the likes of Liam Kelly and Fankaty Dabo, the City manager is keen to break his best players back into the side from the bench.
And asked ahead of Saturday's game with the Rams if he's ready to be involved, Robins said: “It’s too early to give you that information. We’ll look at what his outputs are.
“He trained again yesterday and we’ll see where he’s at but the potential is that he’s going to be OK and that he’ll be able to play some part, so I’ve got my fingers crossed on that.

“I’ll watch him again in training today and do little bits of work with him and some final bits of preparation and see how he is and what he’s looking like."
defender Leo Ostigard, meanwhile, is available after serving a one match suspension but wing-back Julian Dacosta is ruled out with a stomach muscle strain.

.....PUSB

Last edited:

Mr Panda

Hope we get a couple more ball carriers if we stay up and are able to do business this summer.

Thinking of the Rotherham winner this week, can't imagine any of our strikers doing what he did and I'm talking before he even struck the ball.

shepardo01

Hope we get a couple more ball carriers if we stay up and are able to do business this summer.

Thinking of the Rotherham winner this week, can't imagine any of our strikers doing what he did and I'm talking before he even struck the ball.

I thought exactly the same regarding the Rotherham goal!
I pictured Gyokores in on goal when he was supported by Biamou and the subsequent fuck up!....

no_loyalty

3-4-3

Marosi
Osti
Fadz
Rose
Dabo
Kelly
James
McCallum
Gyokores
Walker
Biamou

City 2 Derby 1

letsallsingtogether

No way I'm typing out sams surname every time I comment on his performance and he wasn't got an abbreviated nickname like Osti or McFaz so Christian name it is!
Exactly that and some have surnames like mine you wouldnt want to write that many times.
The amount of times I have filled in forms etc yet when I get a reply they still spell it wrong.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Isnt it better to have more chances created per 90 through it

Users who are viewing this thread