Coventry transfer deadline day (2 Viewers)

Kingokings204

I would play reid. As long as it was discussed first he is committed and he gets one last chance.

I can’t see why he wouldn’t as if he burns it up for us which he can in this league then he is certain of a good contract in the summer from someone. He is a class above this league it’s his attitude that’s the issue.

If he doesn’t try sub him and out him in the reserves. We only have him for 4 more months. It’s not terrible.

Otis

I would say he is not a class above because of his attitude.

If Robins invites him back in I will trust his judgment, but I am not holding my breath.

David O'Day

If that's the case he needs to sack his agent off as the best winger we've available couldn't find a move to another club in the whole of January.
Do you read what you post?

Who is a better winger who is fit at the club? He have to pay so why not play him and see how it goes.

David O'Day

And we're paying him no doubt one of the highest earners, despite what went before we will struggle to offload if he doesn't play. I would be willing to give him the chance to work his way back in to the side.
A decent 4 months could be the difference for him between league 2/national league or a league 1 team next year so he should try

Otis

A decent 4 months could be the difference for him between league 2/national league or a league 1 team next year so he should try
Get the feeling of you played him for the last 4 matches he would play like Robben, but I think 4 months is too much of a stretch for him.

David O'Day

Get the feeling of you played him for the last 4 matches he would play like Robben, but I think 4 months is too much of a stretch for him.
if he doesn't play well then bring someone else on, he's not going anywhere and we still have to pay him

Mucca Mad Boys

Talking in retrospect? I don’t think any fucker thought selling Wilson at the time was a good thing! ‘He only had one blistering season’ - you see players move for big money after a good six months, like Gary Madine yesterday who went for circa £6million.
If you think £3m for Wilson was a good deal then you should be given the Joey Barton treatment and banned from all football activity for 18months.

The difference being that Cardiff we’re buying a championship player on deadline day, whereas Bournemouth were buying a league 1 player the summer. Secondly, I never said it was a good thing selling Wilson, I said that £3m + sell on was a fair fee. Assuming a the sell on % is between 10-20%, we could be in for a windfall of 1.5-4m if he goes for the rumoured £15-20m. So you want to tell me that between £4.5-7m isn’t at least a decent deal?

Factor in he’s already had two serious injuries in the Prem with Bournemouth, on top of serious injuries at Cov... There was a risk he could’ve lost a lot of his value had he got injured in L1.

Manchester_sky_blue

Cardiff City ? hardly endorsing who his employer is.

99% of footballers make it very obvious through profile pic and/or profile who he is employed by or plays for.

you can read a lot into that.
He's been out on loan for the first half of the season, probably just trying not to antagonise the Colchester fans. It's easy to read far to much in to things too.

Londonccfcfan

And? Him on form or Kelly-Evans?

Theres no disputing on his day, hes very good winger. His attitude and the way hes handled himself arnt the best. The sending off when playing for Colchester was undefendable he literally slapped the bloke in the face not once but twice. Inexcusable, I think they were winning that game at half time after he got sent off they lost that match.

Wouldn't want someone that undisciplined.

David O'Day

Theres no disputing on his day, hes very good winger. His attitude and the way hes handled himself arnt the best. The sending off when playing for Colchester was undefendable he literally slapped the bloke in the face not once but twice. Inexcusable, I think they were winning that game at half time after he got sent off they lost that match.

Wouldn't want someone that undisciplined.
City have to pay him a decent wedge for the next 4 months, on his day he is a better player than anyone we have in his position but you don't want to give it a go because he slapped someone while playing for Colchester?

Mate you are looking for excuses now

Grendel

Like some personal vendetta isn't it. He's clearly been playing well recently even before he scored a couple. His confidence looks high. Even if he scores 2 a game for the rest of the season I doubt Grendel will admit he's wrong though.

Well he won’t score two a game will he? Sorry but rather like other players who set the bar low some get bigged up for contributing the odd won header or a pass.

He even gets praise for assists that he doesn’t even make. Words like immense are used. The hyperbole is unreal.

A good game for him is doing things right that we’d routinely expect.

He wasn’t even the best number 9 on the pitch the other night. The other guy worked the defence most of the last hour - he doesn’t contribute anything like that.

I got the same dung chucked at me regarding Bigiaramana - this guy seems to be getting into that territory.

So it’s not a vendetta - shock horror I just do not think he’d that good.

Sky Blue Harry H

He wasn’t even the best number 9 on the pitch the other night. The other guy worked the defence most of the last hour - he doesn’t contribute anything like that.

Can't agree with that. Ikky (can't be bothered to look up the spelling) was really lazy all through the first half and chased nothing down at all. Second half he made a couple of strong runs. Max had a far better game (although he was blowing towards the end - still helped set up the third). Game of opinions, though.

Ricketts

If Reid walks into MR's office and says "look boss, I was stupid this summer, I want to play and I'd like us to have a fresh start where we move on from all that stuff and I fight for a place in your team" then I'd hope MR considers him for selection and lets him fight for a place. It's not like we desperately need him but it won't hurt having a fit and motivated KR as another option.

I agree.

Reid on form is an immense talent in this league (and League One). If we had had him to come on after Shipley was tiring he could've ran them ragged.

I hope Mark Robins is the person to sort out KR and JCH becuase we have the makings of a team that could go unbeaten until the end of the season. I really am full of hope, and will be until the end of the FGR match!

Grendel

Can't agree with that. Ikky (can't be bothered to look up the spelling) was really lazy all through the first half and chased nothing down at all. Second half he made a couple of strong runs. Max had a far better game (although he was blowing towards the end - still helped set up the third). Game of opinions, though.

He forced a save from a 25 yard shot in the first half, created a great chance with one througball, should have had at least one penalty - what was Biamou key stand out highlights?

steve cooper

Looking at the Reid situation logically, MR should sit down with him and get him on board until the end of the season. The current situation has got to be down to a battle of wills and pride, neither wanting to make the first move. Reid has 2 choices IMO to decide his future. Knuckle down with us and try to help us get promoted or end up either in non league football or on the dole. A no brainer on both sides really.

Otis

He forced a save from a 25 yard shot in the first half, created a great chance with one througball, should have had at least one penalty - what was Biamou key stand out highlights?
I thought Ikpeazu looked dangerous all night and caused us a lot of problems.

We really struggled to get the ball off him at times. He was very powerful.

steve82

Do you read what you post?

Who is a better winger who is fit at the club? He have to pay so why not play him and see how it goes.

Personally I think we've coped all season without him and his lax attitude and I'm happy to carry on as we are without him.

If MR chooses to bring him in a utilise him then so be it but for me all we've heard from him is wanting out and nothing in the last month while he's been back about any desire to make MR sit up and take notice with what he's done and doing.

Now because no one come in for him we should consider him?

He's made his own bed, he can sleep quietly in it.

steve cooper

Personally I think we've coped all season without him and his lax attitude and I'm happy to carry on as we are without him.

If MR chooses to bring him in a utilise him then so be it but for me all we've heard from him is wanting out and nothing in the last month while he's been back about any desire to make MR sit up and take notice with what he's done and doing.

Now because no one come in for him we should consider him?

He's made his own bed, he can sleep quietly in it.
Yes, agree with this but it just grates a bit to think of him sitting there taking his salary until the end of the season and doing nothing for it. Personally I hope we don't need him, but if we do, because of injuries for example, would hate to think we missed out on promotion while paying a good player who wouldn't play for us

Liquid Gold

Yes, agree with this but it just grates a bit to think of him sitting there taking his salary until the end of the season and doing nothing for it. Personally I hope we don't need him, but if we do, because of injuries for example, would hate to think we missed out on promotion while paying a good player who wouldn't play for us
Maybe we can get Doyle to crock him in training and then at least we know he's in pain while stealing from the club.

Users who are viewing this thread