Coventry transfer deadline day (2 Viewers)

steve82

Would sponsor CCFC home shirt but a certain Mr Fisher was involved, so no chance
I guess I am a closet RUFC fan now.
Still make it to 90% of City games. Loyal fan me. !!!!!
One more season left with RUFC so who knows in 2019/2020.

Loyal fan you say.... let's put it to the loyal fan calculator...

We're you there Tuesday night?

Just joking, I've a mate at work who's a Miller. Head case he is, ex top boy. I call him dee dar in reference to his love for the Sheffield neighbours ha ha.

bawtryneal

Ah so effectively the loan fee is just paying his wage off and it clears up their FFP to pay others?

Has the 2 year deal already been agreed?

Yes believe so.
In effect we are paying wages of 10,800 x 5 ( Feb to June) with the remainder as a fee.
He was valued by RUFC at 250k so they have a write down. Not unusual with footballers as assets
Chesterfield offered larger fee but JCH declined and choose CCFC. Almost certainly down to a larger salary from July 1st for two years and chance of promotion etc
Probably a promotion related pay increase.

I have seen him twice this year at RUFC come on as sub. He is a real hard bastard and fights and fights and holds the ball up really well. Think will be a great foil for McNulty. Interesting how Biamou will feel.

Otis

Yes believe so.
In effect we are paying wages of 10,800 x 5 ( Feb to June) with the remainder as a fee.
He was valued by RUFC at 250k so they have a write down. Not unusual with footballers as assets
Chesterfield offered larger fee but JCH declined and choose CCFC. Almost certainly down to a larger salary from July 1st for two years and chance of promotion etc

I have seen him twice this year at RUFC come on as sub. He is a real hard bastard and fights and fights and holds the ball up really well. Think will be a great foil for McNulty. Interesting how Biamou will feel.
In need of a cuddle?

Nick

Administrator
Yes believe so.

So the move in July is already agreed with him? Pretty much the same as Jones then.

How is he in the air?

bawtryneal

Loyal fan you say.... let's put it to the loyal fan calculator...

We're you there Tuesday night?

Just joking, I've a mate at work who's a Miller. Head case he is, ex top boy. I call him dee dar in reference to his love for the Sheffield neighbours ha ha.

I am delighted to say I was there. At times I wondered why but yes I was.
Block 20. Row HH
Same for last 3 years since Sixfields
Was West Stand before that.

SkyBlueCRJ

Exactly and the only issue is planing for what league.

We're in safe hands with a management team who understand the level and constraints it brings so plan accordingly to maximise the market

My thoughts exactly. Robins will have plans for both cases, whether we get promoted or we remain in League 2. He's experienced enough to know how to judge his targets for both scenarios.

It's clear his work is cut out for him - but that's a cliche for any manager in any given league.

bawtryneal

So the move in July is already agreed with him? Pretty much the same as Jones then.

How is he in the air?

Strong in the air.
Holds it up very well
Predict 7 or 8 goals between now and end of season
There has been a lot of talk on here about his attitude and style and "dressing room conduct".
I will not repeat what I have been told (as private) and witnesssd but if that gets sorted then we have a good player
Very very good for League 2 and very good for League 1. Different type of player to McNulty but same standard.

Otis

I am delighted to say I was there. At times I wondered why but yes I was.
Block 20. Row HH
Same for last 3 years since Sixfields
Was West Stand before that.
Always the same row?

Wave at me next time. I'm Block 20 too. Further back.

Nick

Administrator
Strong in the air.
Holds it up very well
There has been a lot of talk on here about his attitude and style and "dressing room conduct".
I will not repeat what I have been told (as private) and witnesssd but if that gets sorted then we have a good player
Very very good for League 2 and very good for League 1. Different type of player to McNulty but same standard.

Hopefully people like Robins and Doyle can look after him and help sort him out.

Was a bit worried about how he would handle the long goal kicks but hopefully he will do that well.

Takes pressure off biamou then.

skybluebeduff

I think 500k is a steal in these times! I hope we have a lot of add ons and sell on % wrapped up as I believe he can be as good as Maddison. However playing for Colchester for the rest of the season will hopefully see him come on in leaps and bounds. However when he has been given his chance here he has not grasped it with both hands and disappeared when it starts ed to get a bit tasty in the midfield
Now he's left us and lied about being ill for the Cambridge game, I hope he fails.

steve82

Strong in the air.
Holds it up very well

I was sold last night when we emerged as candidates for his signature, excellent work to get him in. Possibly unplayable if his application is right in L2

Now you need to convince the he's scored 1 goal in 19 appearances brigade... and nothing in 186 minutes in the league one over 14 appearances

bawtryneal

Always the same row?

Wave at me next time. I'm Block 20 too. Further back.

I have waved before if you remember but you always ignore me.
Wear a pink carnation or bowler hat next home game and I will come and say hi.

Otis

I have waved before if you remember but you always ignore me.
Wear a pink carnation or bowler hat next home game and I will come and say hi.
I always wear a pink carnation and a bowler hat.

If you still can't spot me, look for the bloke with the spinning dicky bow and the exploding cigar.

bawtryneal

I was sold last night when we emerged as candidates for his signature, excellent work to get him in. Possibly unplayable if his application is right in L2

Now you need to convince the he's scored 1 goal in 19 appearances brigade... and nothing in 186 minutes in the league one over 14 appearances

Time will tell of course
You have to look at the timing of his substitution appearances and the role Paul Warne asked him to play
Also last season RUFC on terrible run in Championship plus his injury
Wait and see. Think he will be a great signing if his temperament is sorted.

SkyBlueCRJ

Time will tell of course
You have to look at the timing of his substitution appearances and the role Paul Warne asked him to play

If his temperament is channelled correctly, he could be unstoppable on his day...rather than a plain liability.

NorthernWisdom

Interesting how Biamou will feel.
Just what we need though, two of them to push each other, and be able to take one out the firing line if it's not happening for them.

With those two, and Ponticelli as backup for McNulty, the forward line looks fairly strong now.

Am slightly concerned Stevenson leaves us without proper cover in central midfield, mind. Guess it's time for one or two of the other youngsters to step up if needs be.

steve82

Time will tell of course

Correct, but the glancers see 1 in 14 in league one not the bigger picture

Think they were expecting a 10 in 12 man to drop a level and arrive for a grab bag of monster munch and 7 up

Nick

Administrator

Think they were expecting a 10 in 12 man to drop a level and arrive for a grab bag of monster munch and 7 up

They were probably already getting angry at McNulty going after they had raged about how shit he is.

RoboCCFC90

Re JCH, people need to stop looking at the track record and wait until he plays..

MR will know what type of player he has, what his strengths are and also if he warrants playing regularly based on how he performs at Ryton.

The players attitude and mindset is his own to control, I saw a Tweet (or could have been a quote on here) yesterday that suggested that we’ve had a few players with bad attitudes around the Club previously and have warranted that perception, one of them (Courtney Baker-Richardson) has gone on to Swansea and has got his head down, we need to believe that JCH will do the same as I’m sure MR and TW will have done their due diligence before signing the player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oucho

Personally I am happy with the business done yesterday - especially Stevenson. How often does it happen that a player who seems surplus to requirements is offloaded to another club? Hope we got a bung of cash, too.

JCH will be judged on his performances but I feel this is likely to leave us stronger - we'd be one injury to McNulty from having a real issue up front. We can't rely on Kwame and Beavon to back up Biamou in such a situation. Hopefully JCH arriving will coax further improvement from Biamou, by making him fight harder for his place in the team, rather than knocking his confidence.

If Reid walks into MR's office and says "look boss, I was stupid this summer, I want to play and I'd like us to have a fresh start where we move on from all that stuff and I fight for a place in your team" then I'd hope MR considers him for selection and lets him fight for a place. It's not like we desperately need him but it won't hurt having a fit and motivated KR as another option.

Otis

Personally I am happy with the business done yesterday - especially Stevenson. How often does it happen that a player who seems surplus to requirements is offloaded to another club? Hope we got a bung of cash, too.

JCH will be judged on his performances but I feel this is likely to leave us stronger - we'd be one injury to McNulty from having a real issue up front. We can't rely on Kwame and Beavon to back up Biamou in such a situation. Hopefully JCH arriving will coax further improvement from Biamou, by making him fight harder for his place in the team, rather than knocking his confidence.

If Reid walks into MR's office and says "look boss, I was stupid this summer, I want to play and I'd like us to have a fresh start where we move on from all that stuff and I fight for a place in your team" then I'd hope MR considers him for selection and lets him fight for a place. It's not like we desperately need him but it won't hurt having a fit and motivated KR as another option.
Kwame's gone.

steve82

Personally I hope MR turns around and says stop licking my arse and get out and close the door behind you.

Bridge burned, he's created his own problems here

Otis

Personally I hope MR turns around and says stop licking my arse and get out and close the door behind you.

Totally agree.

giphy.gif

David O'Day

He's also a better wingerthan anyone we have who is currently fit

oucho

How would we benefit from that? Take the emotion out of it, and in practice we have the option of a possibly decent player who could be an asset for the rest of the season who at the very least will offer another option.

Mucca Mad Boys

We tried that and Craig Davies would rather be in a relegation dog fight with Oldham than us...

So, realistically, who can we get? The same people expect us to spend big fees on the likes of Akinde, Doige or some other big scorer in our league. It’s just not realistic.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

You’re talking in retrospect because since Wilson has left us and he’s done very well. But here’s some things to consider:
- the club had just out of administration the summer before
- Wilson was 22, so a much older prospect than Alli - and Alli is one of the best players in the prem right now
- on top of that, he had one blazing season, but before that his scoring record, frankly, was terrible. Can anyone really say they thought Wilson would’ve done as well as he done in the Championship, and then the Prem?! No.
- QPR spending 5m on Washington, is frankly, bad business and doesn’t mean us selling Wilson for 3m was a bad deal - also, we got sell-on % so when he leave Bournemouth we’ll get a nice wedge. So will probably end up getting more than £5m for him.

I think the consensus of most sensible Cov fans was that £3m, at the time, was a good fee.

Talking in retrospect? I don’t think any fucker thought selling Wilson at the time was a good thing! ‘He only had one blistering season’ - you see players move for big money after a good six months, like Gary Madine yesterday who went for circa £6million.
If you think £3m for Wilson was a good deal then you should be given the Joey Barton treatment and banned from all football activity for 18months.

Users who are viewing this thread