Coventry transfer deadline day (1 Viewer)

steve82

Yes, agree with this but it just grates a bit to think of him sitting there taking his salary until the end of the season and doing nothing for it. Personally I hope we don't need him, but if we do, because of injuries for example, would hate to think we missed out on promotion while paying a good player who wouldn't play for us

That's where it all falls on MR to make the decision as he has all the facts and is tasked with deciding his fate.

I trust his opinion if it's different to mine.

Londonccfcfan

Well he won’t score two a game will he? Sorry but rather like other players who set the bar low some get bigged up for contributing the odd won header or a pass.

He even gets praise for assists that he doesn’t even make. Words like immense are used. The hyperbole is unreal.

A good game for him is doing things right that we’d routinely expect.

He wasn’t even the best number 9 on the pitch the other night. The other guy worked the defence most of the last hour - he doesn’t contribute anything like that.

I got the same dung chucked at me regarding Bigiaramana - this guy seems to be getting into that territory.

So it’s not a vendetta - shock horror I just do not think he’d that good.

Afraid he’s the best we have got. Yes we all agree he needs to score a few more goals to please folk like you.
He’s part of hardworking TEAM this season.
I’d have Biamou any day in partnership with McNulty (and it’s working)Than someone like Nazon.

Sky Blue Pete

Some of his control and hold up play was excellent Grendel. Way better than the usual league 2 standard. I don’t get what the problem is accepting that

Otis

He's definitely improved as the season has worn on and been more of a provider and shown better link up play.

Think that's a given.

Nick

Administrator
“I’m disappointed with losing Ben. I think he’s a good player. I can see his reasons for wanting to go. He’s a quality young player and it’s disappointing, but you have to contend with those things in football.

“Without going into the detail, it was forced through. He’s a young player that needs guidance and advice. The whole thing was difficult for him.”

Asked if other players could have been departing before the close of the window on Monday night, Robins said: “We were nowhere near selling other players.”

Interesting comments about Stevenson going. - INTERVIEW: Coventry City boss Mark Robins welcomes fresh faces and returns to fitness for promotion push

Nick

Administrator
Lucrative business football agency, Base Soccer Agency £9.9m turnover, £1.9m profit before tax. These spivs suck money out of the game.

Will be getting a decent chunk out of the Thomas' and Stevenson's of the footballing world. Chuck them into U23 of bigger teams but get them a bigger wedge every week and take a cut of it.

SlowerThanPlatt

Will be getting a decent chunk out of the Thomas' and Stevenson's of the footballing world. Chuck them into U23 of bigger teams but get them a bigger wedge every week and take a cut of it.

Seen and heard about it loads. They'll go and watch a game, if a player stands out they'll loiter around the changing rooms after the game saying who they represent and offer them a 'sponsorship' deal which is just basically every time Nike/Adidas release a new pair of boots the player receives a pair. Young players in the academy system can be very easily swayed. More needs to be done, I don't think any player until they turn professional should have an agent or be represented by someone other than their parents

stevefloyd

Seen and heard about it loads. They'll go and watch a game, if a player stands out they'll loiter around the changing rooms after the game saying who they represent and offer them a 'sponsorship' deal which is just basically every time Nike/Adidas release a new pair of boots the player receives a pair. Young players in the academy system can be very easily swayed. More needs to be done, I don't think any player until they turn professional should have an agent or be represented by someone other than their parents
Will never happen because greed gets in the way

SkyBlueScottie

To take it back to JCH, I visited Sixfields once during our tenure, it was a drab game, we drew with Oldham, one player stood out for them and it was JCH, it was a very similar performance to leon Clarke against us for Scunthorpe where he absolutely battered Dicky Wood. Im very happy with the signing.

Otis

To take it back to JCH, I visited Sixfields once during our tenure, it was a drab game, we drew with Oldham, one player stood out for them and it was JCH, it was a very similar performance to leon Clarke against us for Scunthorpe

'where he absolutely battered Dicky Wood.'

Shall I, shan't I? Shall I, shan't I? Can't ... resist......but ....must .... resist.. 3 key word alarm......step away from the tablet, Otis, step away!!

Grrrr......arghhhh......

stupot07

I know a few are sniffing at £25k, but we are in league two, I think people see the the huge sums the PL pay and some championship clubs spend and have an inflated view of what should be spent in leagues one and two.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread