Coventry transfer deadline day (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

It's reported that Coventry City made a late bid for Tom Pope from Port Vale in the transfer window - The reported offer was a derisory £25,000??? why would Port-vale sell their top goalscorer for a paltry £25,000 - I am sure Tom Pope and Port vale felt a bit insulted

stupot07

It's reported that Coventry City made a late bid for Tom Pope from Port Vale in the transfer window - The reported offer was a derisory £25,000??? why would Port-vale sell their top goalscorer for a paltry £25,000 - I am sure Tom Pope and Port vale felt a bit insulted
How much should we have offered?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

I seem to recall we signed Vincelot the other season for £30k so it’s not a surprise. Would you offer much more for a 35 year old cart horse?

Grendel

How much should we have offered?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

About what we offered - he’s a journeyman. Short term effective perhaps but he’s definitely not a long term investment

Terry_dactyl

I never thought I’d say this but on today’s performance, seemingly lacking options on the wing, I think we might need to play haynes and sign Baker. There I said it.

Hobo

I never thought I’d say this but on today’s performance, seemingly lacking options on the wing, I think we might need to play haynes and sign Baker. There I said it.

Baker isn't fit, has had a serious injury, hasn't played or trained properly since the start of the season, no guarantee he will play before the end of it.

SkyBlueScottie

Shall I, shan't I? Shall I, shan't I? Can't ... resist......but ....must .... resist.. 3 key word alarm......step away from the tablet, Otis, step away!! Had to go, my boy was missing it. He was young at the time so going away wasn't always a viable option.

Grrrr......arghhhh......

Otis

giphy.gif

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I seem to recall we signed Vincelot the other season for £30k so it’s not a surprise. Would you offer much more for a 35 year old cart horse?
The guy is 32 for a start and has scored 12 more league goal than "Super Max Biamou " and the same as our top scorer added to 5 assists and we offer £25,000 offers like that are plain stupid if we want to get out of this league we need that sort of scoring worry when we get out but if we don't get out this season next season will be even harder.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I know of 1 father who was offered far more than that if his son aged 15 signed on for a championship side and we offered that for a player who has scored more than 1 in ever 4 games over a 12 year career . We really think Vale would listen to that offer . I bet whoever took the call is still laughing now.

Users who are viewing this thread