Match Thread Coventry City v Morecambe Match Thread Saturday 5th May (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Way more excited than a usual match day (not nervous-yet-though). Just want to get on with pre-match stuff asap !!! Come on City !!!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

My fear today is we will start very slow and tight and think we will do it in the second half. Come half find both Mansfield and Lincoln are winning well and panic will set in

Astute

I know todays game might be a bit edgy. But I would prefer to need a point at home to get into the playoffs than get a point away from home to stay up.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I know todays game might be a bit edgy. But I would prefer to need a point at home to get into the playoffs than get a point away from home to stay up.
When your at the bottom end of the table the fight to stay in the league is far greater than at the top to get out . I know we have been in that position many times. in 1985?we needed to win our last three games 1 was against championship winners Everton and we won them.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm currently in no man's land.

Feeling rough from last night (the last thing I remember was having a conversation with an Uber driver about whether man had actually been on the moon or not).

Probably gonna start drinking again soon.

Feeling confident today though. We can do it!

tigersb

Can we not just do a 1977 Cov v Bristol City; just pass it between ourselves for a 0-0 draw so we end up in the play offs and they stay up on their superior goal difference?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Need to work out how to delay kick off for about 10 mins

steve82

Little nervous today.

We only need a point, so do they. Surely this cannot go wrong.

Famous last words right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

8 am start for me.Drive from North Somerset to Wiltshire to pick my lad up then straight up the fosse way to Cov hopefully arrive at my aunts in Binley for 11.30 PUSB!!!
Oh and alcohol free,Might have a cheeky one in the Gas club before thinking about it!!
Why have one before thinking about it...just think about it and have one

Liquid Gold

Feeling rough after a mates birthday last night. Luckily she’s gonna drive. Getting in the car now. See you in CV6

Mcbean

Big day for all of us - mucho positive thinking until the next big day - will set the tone for the rest of the weekend and hopefully the frenzy to get playoff tickets - depending on where we end up i am otherly engaged for several of the game times BUGGER but it could all go in my favour

Amcoventry

I'm hoping we get good coverage of the game on this thread from NicK, SW88 etc and its not all about the ref and linos. Oh and a good win to us!

Astute

When your at the bottom end of the table the fight to stay in the league is far greater than at the top to get out . I know we have been in that position many times. in 1985?we needed to win our last three games 1 was against championship winners Everton and we won them.
Of course anything can happen. Just the same as we could lose and still make it to the playoffs.

You could make the same point about a club with nothing to play for. No nerves so they can go for it and enjoy the game. I would prefer to play someone that hasn't scored for a few games and will be more worried about the result than a team playing for fun.

jordan210

I would happily take a draw. But if we happen to distroy them 5-0 I would also take that.

A big win in front of a large crowd. Shows we mean business

Astute

Just checked the odds for todays game. Sky Bet is down, but Bet365 has us 23/20, them 19/4 and the draw only 8/5. The two lowest correct score odds are 0-0 4/1 and 1-1 9/2. Never seen draw odds before a game this low before....especially as one side is nearly 5/1 to win.

Hobo

We have been up there all season. We just need to keep our heads and play our own game. It depends how much the players want it and another day out at Wembley. Time for some of the boys too grow into men.

Otis

We have been up there all season. We just need to keep our heads and play our own game. It depends how much the players want it and another day out at Wembley. Time for some of the boys too grow into men.
Yep. No men against boys today and we have a much stronger line-up.

Just need to avoid any silly back passes, giving away cheap penalties and no goalkeeping errors.

Added to that, no sending offs and no injuries to key players.

I am really looking forwards to it.

Esoterica

We've scored inside 15 minutes in our last 4 games and if we play the same team and formation I can see that run continuing. Playing 4-3-1-2 means we're getting Shipley, Bayliss and Kelly beyond the strikers and is providing threat from 5 players instead of just 2 or 3 like most of the season. Bus parked or not, there are not many teams that will withstand that for 90 minutes at this level. I'm actually a lot more excited about the potential performance with that shape and intensity than nervous about potential league consequences.

Johnnythespider

Get your knees out
Get your knees out
Get your knees out for the lads
Get your knees out for the lads
Anyone else shorting it today, apart from the obvious Weeman of course :happy:

Great_Expectations

Yep. No men against boys today and we have a much stronger line-up.

Just need to avoid any silly back passes, giving away cheap penalties and no goalkeeping errors.

Added to that, no sending offs and no injuries to key players.

I am really looking forwards to it.

Avoiding errors is absolutely key I agree.

For once I’d happily see us hoof the ball from the keeper/defence rather than try anything that may get us into trouble.

If we go behind, they will absolutely park the bus and we’ll struggle to score.

tigersb

This has been one of the longest week's of my life

Users who are viewing this thread