Match Thread Coventry City v Morecambe Match Thread Saturday 5th May (1 Viewer)

Philosorapter

I think possession will be the key to the game with neither team taking it out of their own half.

Fingers crossed.

Marty

Surely we'll play out a 2-2 draw after kicking off late.

Captain Dart

Fate has decreed we will relegate Sunderland next season. It is written.

Otis

Jumping the gun a bit, but SSN saying that Notts County may rest some players today.

That going to help them and give them any advantage if we end up facing them in the playoffs?

Happy_Martian

Jumping the gun a bit, but SSN saying that Notts County may rest some players today.

That going to help them and give them any advantage if we end up facing them in the playoffs?

If we hadn't caved in against Lincoln, Yeovil or any one of those other losses, we could have done the same. It certainly would have helped our small squad. Instead, we're going to have to play our best team as the entire season depends on this one result.

Liquid Gold

Whatever happens today it’s been a good season. Some good times and good results. A cup run and now hopefully playoffs. We may have fallen to the bottom league but this, along with Wembley last year, has completely reinvigorated my support. I remember a few times in league one wondering how much longer I can take it but I love this club and always will.

Otis

Whatever happens today it’s been a good season. Some good times and good results. A cup run and now hopefully playoffs. We may have fallen to the bottom league but this, along with Wembley last year, has completely reinvigorated my support. I remember a few times in league one wondering how much longer I can take it but I love this club and always will.
Until we are 0-2 down and the ref has his whistle in his mouth ready to end proceedings.

wingy

Didn't the EFL make a new rule about this recently?

skyblueelephant76

If we hadn't caved in against Lincoln, Yeovil or any one of those other losses, we could have done the same. It certainly would have helped our small squad. Instead, we're going to have to play our best team as the entire season depends on this one result.
There's a week until the first play-off game and we arguably have one of the bigger squads in the division (it's not like we're having to put kids on the bench). I don't think it makes a huge difference.

Otis

Hyam nowhere as near as strong and physical player as Willis.

At least we have Stokes in there too.

wingy

Yes. You're not allowed to rest any player over 5'10"
Introduced in mid February ,supposed to include 10 players from the previous game, this after Blackburn Rovers were critical of Hudderafield rested players allowing Birmimgham to win 2-0 .
The penalty is a disciplinary hearing .
Don't know what the sanction is though.

Users who are viewing this thread