Match Thread Coventry City v Morecambe Match Thread Saturday 5th May (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Bit of added concern, win or draw tomorrow and the season is extended nearly a month reducing their summer break to just a month.?Don’t know how many if any of our squad are off to another club but will those who are put the required shift in to earn a play off spot or chose sunnier climes for a few weeks ?

Otis

Bit of added concern, win or draw tomorrow and the season is extended nearly a month reducing their summer break to just a month.?Don’t know how many if any of our squad are off to another club but will those who are put the required shift in to earn a play off spot or chose sunnier climes for a few weeks ?
Yep! They will earn higher wages in League One.

Nick

Administrator
I'm really nervous for tomorrow, it's going to need an early goal for us to settle the nerves I think and let people go into party mode.

Sky Blue Harry H

Think the lure of a Wembley appearance will prevent that.

Nick

Administrator
You’re nervous every game

Imagine what I will be like at 0-0, backs against the wall and both Lincoln and Mansfield winning.

giphy.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

Don't think I'll feel nervous, unless we go a goal down. Excited - yes. Will be in a shocked state of disbelief if we fail to get over the line.

Great_Expectations

I think if we lose one of the others will slip up too and we'll be fine.

I’ve read this several times over the last week and while I get your logic and admire the optimism, the last day of the season is almost a standalone fixture, so who knows what results it could throw up.

I do think we’ll win tomorrow, but I’m also a Coventry fan who has experienced nothing but disappointment for the 20+ years of being a ST holder.

Sky Blue Harry H

I’ve read this several times over the last week and while I get your logic and admire the optimism, the last day of the season is almost a standalone fixture, so who knows what results it could throw up.

I do think we’ll win tomorrow, but I’m also a Coventry fan who has experienced nothing but disappointment for the 20+ years of being a ST holder.

Perhaps you should reconsider your poster name, then ?!

no_loyalty

If we are not clear by 3 goals with 5 mins to go then I will become very nervous.

Warwickhunt

never thought of that really! perhaps Mcdonald & Haynes have got holidays booked and the play Off if we make it will cause them an issue so that may explain why they played like shit against Lincoln & Yeovil?:cat::cat::cat::cat:

Pete in Portugal

P.S. I was at the famous Bristol match. It was bonkers - "After you Claude", "No, after you". Any number of unchallenged crosses (by Mick Coop I seem to remember) floating almost gently into the arms of their goalie, increasingly greeted with ironic cheers.
It was insane!

vow

Not nervous, just v excited about tomorrow!
No score predictions, but confident we'll be in the play-offs.

Sick Boy

Gutted to be missing tomorrow and good to hear the fans are turning out to show their support and secure earlier access for Wembley tickets. ;)

covhead1

Bollocks to being nervous, we're gonna win!!!

Even if its 1-0 and we don't score till the 89th min.

We are Cov City FC and we never do things the easy way!!!

PUSB

clint van damme

my only dilemma for tomorrow is whether or not to go on the bevy. Not concerned about the game, we won't fuck it up. The play offs, that's a different matter!

TewkesburySkyBlue

Oh oh oh Doyle in the middle
Never gives the ball away
If we can’t beat Morecombe by a serious margin tomorrow we don’t deserve the play offs. And when we do I pray that we will meet Lincoln who despite the seemingly high profile of the Crowley brothers were the most cynical unsporting team I have seen in all my 50+ years supporting the City. PUSB

Londonccfcfan

Oh oh oh Doyle in the middle
Never gives the ball away
If we can’t beat Morecombe by a serious margin tomorrow we don’t deserve the play offs. And when we do I pray that we will meet Lincoln who despite the seemingly high profile of the Crowley brothers were the most cynical unsporting team I have seen in all my 50+ years supporting the City. PUSB

Lincoln, Exeter, and Notts all play dark age football.

clint van damme

I hope we get Lincoln in the final, and the massive pitch undoes them and we trash them 5-0 playing like a League Two 1970s Brazil.

they've beaten a team from the higher echelons of the league above there already this season so I wouldn't pin your hopes on it.

Users who are viewing this thread