Match Thread Coventry City v Morecambe Match Thread Saturday 5th May (3 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Put it this way... when was the last time we were actually playing for a play-off spot?

I hope this is the turning point for the club.

fernandopartridge

Win and I will have a cheeky few with the boxing.
Draw and in playoffs and Ill have a few with the boxing.
Lose and playoffs just boxing
Lose and no playoffs then I need to sit in a darkened room for a few hours.
I would rather drown my sorrows and forget about it, I'll be too pissed off all night otherwise

W

westcountry_skyblue

8 am start for me.Drive from North Somerset to Wiltshire to pick my lad up then straight up the fosse way to Cov hopefully arrive at my aunts in Binley for 11.30 PUSB!!!
Oh and alcohol free,Might have a cheeky one in the Gas club before thinking about it!!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Tomorrow I think I will be more nervous than when we had to beat Everton in 1985? (who were champions) to stay up. I don't like the draw being in the scheme of things unless Mansfield are getting stuffed.

Sky Blue Harry H

Tomorrow I think I will be more nervous than when we had to beat Everton in 1985? (who were champions) to stay up. I don't like the draw being in the scheme of things unless Mansfield are getting stuffed.

If Mansfield are getting stuffed, we can afford to lose anyway? (not that I want that!!)

robbiethemole

Last day in Mexico for me, so it's only 6.30 pm here. I will be logging in at breakfast time so you feckers better keep me updated regularly (sw88) although my lad and his g/f will be there with 4 others and I'll be home for the playoffs. PUSB

Johhny Blue

What's the odds of a Bristol City type borefest with Lincoln & Mansfield ahead and Butge letting a 93rd minute backpass slip through his legs?

Great_Expectations

I would rather drown my sorrows and forget about it, I'll be too pissed off all night otherwise

I spent a straight 30 minutes tonight explaining to my girlfriend that if the worst happens tomorrow not to expect me home or that I’ll make any sort of rational decision, as I’ll be absolutely pissed off.

Unfortunately I’m pretty sure she switched off after, ‘I know you won’t get the feeling of supporting a team, but....’

SkyBlueSoul

8 am start for me.Drive from North Somerset to Wiltshire to pick my lad up then straight up the fosse way to Cov hopefully arrive at my aunts in Binley for 11.30 PUSB!!!
Oh and alcohol free,Might have a cheeky one in the Gas club before thinking about it!!

Very similar day to mine! 8am start, train from Manchester to Nottingham where my Dad will pick me up and drive straight down the M1/M69 to hopefully arrive at my Nan’s in Wyken for 12:30.
Fish and chips and cheeky couple of beers before heading to the Ricoh

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I was nervous at 4-1 last weekend. Never feel safe with city.

I put money on the draw and Cheltenham win at 4-0. Was at the game and my had died so asked a mate who I went with who happened to be a Liverpool fan & his response was ‘are you serious? You’re 4-0 up at half time’. He doesn’t know cov like we do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Well, that's another three dreams I've had.

In the first one the defence was all over the place. However, this was quite literal, because Willis was in Mansfield and Rod McDonald, somewhere up the M6.

Then I dreamt McNulty scored the winning goal with a diving header. Only trouble was, he was wearing a red beret and Frank Spencer mac at the time.

In the third one a big crater opened up on the pitch and all the players fell in.

Which bookie gives the best odds, anyone know?

Gazolba

would you rather we were playing a team who'd won their last 9?
No, but I'd rather us play a team who had won 3 lost 3 and drawn 3.
We very often slip up against teams on a terrible run.
Morecambe are fighting relegation so they will be especially difficult.

gspotgaz

I really have no clue what’s going to happen today. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost 5-0 or won 6-0, we are unpredictable to say the least

itsabuzzard

Today's the day. All speculation will end (until we actually get in to the play-offs, when it will re-start with a vengeance).
To all of you fortunate enough to get to the game; enjoy the occasion and look out for each other - this is the first step in our return to the Promised Land. And all you neds out there - keep off the hallowed turf. My prediction? Goal up in the first ten and victory by a cricket score. PUSB.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Otis

No, but I'd rather us play a team who had won 3 lost 3 and drawn 3.
We very often slip up against teams on a terrible run.
Morecambe are fighting relegation so they will be especially difficult.
One of our very worst performances up there and some of Robins' harshest words after. We will be gunning for revenge anyway, despite everything else.

No wins in 9 means they will be a lot more nervy than us, while we should be supremely confident. Their local reporter up there says they just don't score goals.

Otis

The only thing I am nervous about is the City players being up for it and up for a fight. Supremely confident otherwise.

Last time out Robins described it as men against boys, so we need to match their endeavour and strength.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

PLEASE NOTE
Today please all turn up on time and no pitch invasion because the 2 hefty fines would wipe out our recruitment budget for next season and if we all invade the pitch after the semi final play off lord knows where the money will come from then.

skyblue025

Surely we can't feck this up. Only a draw needed, 2 other results have to go against us, we are playing a team right down the bottom of EFL. A glorious victory awaits

We score first, they then have to attack us and we score more on the counter. Comfortable victory and finish 6. Just to break that shitty record of no top 6 finish in almost 1\2 a century.

letsallsingtogether

PLEASE NOTE
Today please all turn up on time and no pitch invasion because the 2 hefty fines would wipe out our recruitment budget for next season and if we all invade the pitch after the semi final play off lord knows where the money will come from then.
Grendel can pay it out of his pocket money. ;)

coop

I had a dream Wednesday we were 3-0 up after 20 minutes, going to be a decent crowd and the player's need to be at them from the start.If we score early the atmosphere should be good so come on city.

Users who are viewing this thread