Championship incomings 2021-22 Summer window (2 Viewers)

mr_monkey

Bristol City close to signing Rob Atkinson. Really hoped we could get him. Ugh.

And probably paying north of 2 million quid for him, I'd love to be in that position but we aren't (yet :) )

Frostie

And probably paying north of 2 million quid for him, I'd love to be in that position but we aren't (yet :) )

A player I've been advocating us signing for months & £1.6m is the rumoured fee. Still quite steep for us yes but, as we've seen with Hamer, if we think he's a genuine investment we might find it. That said, what we're definitely not in position to do is get into a bidding war with richer clubs so can't be surprised.

Grendel

the fact you seem pleased says it all that we can’t afford a paltry transfer fee

It’s an admission Sisu are not acceptable owners at championship level

Grendel

More than he thinks I'm happy with not being able to spend money in his attempt to twist something someone says so he can have a pop at our owners

If we can’t afford a fee like that it’s an admission these owners shop at Aldi and we deserve better

you keep sucking up to them if you wish

Grendel

How do you know we were even in for him

I don’t I’m pointing out that someone who thinks we are not able to afford fees of that size and casually accepts that with a stupid smiley face is a Sisu stooge

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

the fact you seem pleased says it all that we can’t afford a paltry transfer fee

It’s an admission Sisu are not acceptable owners at championship level
In SISUs defence - didn’t they technically admit this openly when fisher said we something to e effect of we couldn’t afford to be in the championship?

Grendel

In SISUs defence - didn’t they technically admit this openly when fisher said we something to e effect of we couldn’t afford to be in the championship?

I’m not sure how that’s a defence

mr_monkey

I don’t I’m pointing out that someone who thinks we are not able to afford fees of that size and casually accepts that with a stupid smiley face is a Sisu stooge

How am I a stooge, more just realistic... Also we are in the state we are in because both our current and former owners spent well above their means and it all came crashing down

The current way is less exciting granted but it at least gives us a more stable base to build on (of course your blind hatred of our owners and current staff will mean you disagree and ignore the logic)

robbiethemole

Barnsleyalona losing more of their world-beating squad. Captain Alex Mowatt poached by ex- boss Ishmael at WBA. It’s the end of the world as we know it

Saddlebrains

As it stands i wouldnt be surprised to see Peterborough above us.

Jorge Grant, Jason Knight, Jack Marriott are good signings

mr_monkey

As it stands i wouldnt be surprised to see Peterborough above us.

Jorge Grant, Jason Knight, Jack Marriott are good signings

The same Marriott that scored less goals than max last year and has only had one really good goal scoring season in his career 😂

Grant could be a cracking bit of business for them though

Winny the Bish

The same Marriott that scored less goals than max last year and has only had one really good goal scoring season in his career 😂

Grant could be a cracking bit of business for them though
Knight a good player as well. Won Wycombe's Player of the Season last year.

Gibbo

Just think he was worth a punt, think he’ll have a decent season at Posh.
We are not in a position to take a 'punt'. We have too many of those on the books already. This year the signings have to be rock solid Championship level. The only element of risk can be taken with loans

Ccfcisparks

We are not in a position to take a 'punt'. We have too many of those on the books already. This year the signings have to be rock solid Championship level. The only element of risk can be taken with loans
We won’t sign rock solid championship level

Gibbo

Ok take out the opening line - it’s more of an acceptance that ultimately that would be the stance. They openly admitted it was the case.

I mean if we want to avoid stagnating and regressing we need them out. Unfortunately that’s not happening anytime soon
I am still surprised they allowed Robins enough slack to build a League 1 winning team. They must not have been paying attention, or assumed Robins was as incompetent as all his predecessors, and got caught out...

Grendel

I am still surprised they allowed Robins enough slack to build a League 1 winning team. They must not have been paying attention, or assumed Robins was as incompetent as all his predecessors, and got caught out...

the success of the last two years has been largely due to very successful loans which have been key to the club being promoted and then surviving

Gibbo

the success of the last two years has been largely due to very successful loans which have been key to the club being promoted and then surviving
only partly true, the core of the League 1 side was free or freeish acquisitions - Rose, Marosi, Dabo, Allen, MacFadz. Plus inherited Westbrooke, Hyam and Kelly from previous seasons. It wasn't only Walsh and O'Hare. We ceased this route to players last years and switched more to loans. This year we need a mix

saveitforthewombles

The success of the last two years has been based balancing the books, investing wisely and trusting in the coaching and recruitment staff. It's a different model to the likes of Bristol City and others who (I would guess) are spending above their means. 20k+ a month back at the Ricoh and maybe our situation changes. But would rather we don't gamble money in excess of our incomings and end up like Derby.

Users who are viewing this thread