Championship incomings 2021-22 Summer window (1 Viewer)

Grendel

And all the other signings?

Of the permanent signings last season how many would you say were a success? If you exclude O Hare who we had here the previous season how many?

Frostie

Of the permanent signings last season how many would you say were a success? If you exclude O Hare who we had here the previous season how many?

Picking & choosing as usual, no surprise...

We only signed 4 permanently for the first team last season didn't we?
Of which Walker & Hamer are obvious successes, jury's out on Dacosta & Hilßner just hasn't worked out. Not bad at all.

Of all the signings we've made under the current recruitment team, do you not think we've been pretty successful in comparison to other clubs in similar positions?

Reactions: SBT

Grendel

Of which Walker & Hamer are obvious successes, jury's out on Dacosta & Hilßner just hasn't worked out. Not bad at all.

Of all the signings we've made under the current recruitment team, do you not think we've been pretty successful in comparison to other clubs in similar positions?

The jury is out in Hillsner? So we signed 4 players - we rely totally on loans working out. We did re sign Bakayoko - I’m not being critical of Walker but he’s not an obvious success either.

slowpoke

The jury is out in Hillsner?
In fairness that’s true and doesn’t seem to be considered by a lot. Had his medical issue looks like he got it sorted went out on loan to Oldham got a number of games under his belt. We should at least give him this close season and see how he does, you never know.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Luton’s (great) signings are making me really depressed about our lack of activity. I would much rather have Mendes-Gomes than Waghorn
Are they great though? I’d probably have taken Lansbury, Amari Bell possibly (we have no left back) but bearing in mind he wasn’t that great in a poor Blackburn - there’s more than likely better players out there.

gomes is unproven outside of league two and we’re already going into the season with a similar player in Jones - we can’t be carrying two players that haven’t performed out of league 2.

SleepyGinger

Proof is in the pudding, 2 promotions in 3 years.

SleepyGinger

Are they great though? I’d probably have taken Lansbury, Amari Bell possibly (we have no left back) but bearing in mind he wasn’t that great in a poor Blackburn - there’s more than likely better players out there.

gomes is unproven outside of league two and we’re already going into the season with a similar player in Jones - we can’t be carrying two players that haven’t performed out of league 2.
I think people are going a bit over board, Allan Campbell and Reece Burke seem like good signings, big step up for gomes not sure if he will make the jump. Think Jerome, Bell and Lansbury are very meh signings.

Garryb80

Luton’s (great) signings are making me really depressed about our lack of activity. I would much rather have Mendes-Gomes than Waghorn
How many of those signings would i have liked here.. probably 1 if that. You would rather have an unproven league 2 youngster over a 300 game championship striker? We already have an unproven youngster in Tavares so why take another one?

mr_monkey

How many of those signings would i have liked here.. probably 1 if that. You would rather have an unproven league 2 youngster over a 300 game championship striker? We already have an unproven youngster in Tavares so why take another one?

Come on mate, you know reasoned logic isn't allowed on here

Fergusons_Beard

Ryan Giles is close to signing for Cardiff on loan

No loss there-great going forward but can’t defend and crap at heading.

Didn’t miss him when he went to Rotherham and won’t be pulling up trees at Cardiff.

Tbh looking forward to what Reid can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SkyblueTexan

Any concern that we still don't have any signings yet while others have done quite a bit of business?

Evo1883

Any concern that we still don't have any signings yet while others have done quite a bit of business?

Could look at it another way .

9 clubs have done ZERO business and the vast majority have signed at most 2 so far

Users who are viewing this thread