Championship incomings 2021-22 Summer window (1 Viewer)

blunted

Bristol looks a strange situation...let half a team go and sign James. Hope they don't gazump us on any more players.

Evo1883

On a serious note is it something to do with furlough and getting away with a few weeks worth of pay ?

mark82

That’s what Peterborough’s chairman was saying, apparently there’s a delay at a medical agency. Not saying it’s definitely the issue but it’s a possibility

Think it's more to do with some of the key staff being unavailable. We'll see some movement this week I'm sure.

kg82

That can’t be true, those in the know told us that players think that Pearson is a prick.
Not sure how your point goes with blunted’s? Just a chance to say “in the know”, maybe? Seems quite a trendy term right now.

Sick Boy

Not sure how your point goes with blunted’s? Just a chance to say “in the know”, maybe? Seems quite a trendy term right now.
He/she said about beating us to signing more players.
Yeah, I’m really desperate to say ITK 😂😂

Gibbo

Why not announced tho. Surely they see the social media negative posts and would want to negate that
They don't give a tinkers about social media posts - Or at least I hope not. This is serious money we are taliking about.

Personally although I would like us to get new people in - at least 5 - I have not been that bothered about what others have done. Luton appear to be buying in bulk, but little selectivity. The current commercial circumstances are a the most challenging of all time, and also we don't know if Robins sees Drysdale, Eccles and Burroughs as more a part of the matchday squad than they were last year

Bit nervous, but not panicking....

slowpoke

They don't give a tinkers about social media posts - Or at least I hope not. This is serious money we are taliking about.

Personally although I would like us to get new people in - at least 5 - I have not been that bothered about what others have done. Luton appear to be buying in bulk, but little selectivity. The current commercial circumstances are a the most challenging of all time, and also we don't know if Robins sees Drysdale, Eccles and Burroughs as more a part of the matchday squad than they were last year

Bit nervous, but not panicking....
I think Drysdale could be a surprise package this year.

SleepyGinger

He has done his loan period in the Cambridge United promotion team 22 next birthday 6’ 5” if ain’t ready now when will he be I think he’s left footed too might be wrong there, plays centre back or cdm. I know he’s highly rated.
Right footed I think, like the look of him when ever I’ve seen him but just think his pace will hold him back at championship level.

Legia Sky Blue

Right footed I think, like the look of him when ever I’ve seen him but just think his pace will hold him back at championship level.

Pace isn't everything - McFadzean has been a good example for him in how to adapt your game so that the weakness doesn't become critical. Drysdale's strengths are his comfort on the ball and the ability to see and execute a pass, which gives him the potential to be successful at our level. This is probably a big season for him and will probably go a long way to deciding at what level his career lays.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Pace isn't everything - McFadzean has been a good example for him in how to adapt your game so that the weakness doesn't become critical. Drysdale's strengths are his comfort on the ball and the ability to see and execute a pass, which gives him the potential to be successful at our level. This is probably a big season for him and will probably go a long way to deciding at what level his career lays.

I think Fadz also benefits from being in a back three though. Also since we took a more varied style of play rather than playing out from the back all the time the errors have reduced.

When he turned up I thought he'd be a more old fashioned centre half who'd head stuff away all day long and that's still what I think of him. It's more the team, formation and tactics better suit him now rather than him adapting massively.

Users who are viewing this thread