CBS Parking (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

I understand a new car park is being built for the new season

Irish Sky Blue

I travelled to games at St Andrews with a friend and we shared the cost of the parking season ticket there. Sometimes he drove, sometimes it was me.The stewards checked the name the parking season ticket was bought in, so it didn't matter which car was used.
I sent him the info on parking yesterday and according to him it seems that parking this season will be checked by cameras reading the car number plate, therefore meaning the same car has to be used every time. Is this how others interpret that and if so, would there be a way to use a different car if we shared the travelling?

BornSlippySkyBlue

I travelled to games at St Andrews with a friend and we shared the cost of the parking season ticket there. Sometimes he drove, sometimes it was me.The stewards checked the name the parking season ticket was bought in, so it didn't matter which car was used.
I sent him the info on parking yesterday and according to him it seems that parking this season will be checked by cameras reading the car number plate, therefore meaning the same car has to be used every time. Is this how others interpret that and if so, would there be a way to use a different car if we shared the travelling?
Yeah it’s ANPR this year. You could email them at glide and see if there’s a way? They were pretty responsive to me:

[email protected]

chiefdave

Haven't they said for years its ANPR but never actually used it. Sure you could easily blag it into the car park without paying. Whenever I've used I've just told the chap on the gate I've pre-paid and been waved in without them checking anything.

Pretty sure you can log in to the website and change your reg no. Assume there's no limit on how often you can do that so other than being a bit annoying it should be possible.

skyblueinBaku

Anybody parked at Cov Welsh before? What was that like and how kuch was it?
I used to park there. It cost £5 and was only a 10 minute walk to the Ricoh. Plenty of space and getting out was OK.

Grendel

I used to park there. It cost £5 and was only a 10 minute walk to the Ricoh. Plenty of space and getting out was OK.

There will be less space this time and its only £3 cheaper if you have a season ticket park in car park C

chiefdave

Park at retail park nearest to the ground / underpass. Then buy a £50 Tesco/Amazon etc gift card which you can spend on shopping at your leisure. You can then park as long as you like
You could also try doing your weeks shopping click and collect and picking it up after the match.

aloisiwouldhavescored

I think when I originally went online you entered your Reg No and there was an option to Edit. Presumably you can just log into your account on an individual match basis and alter it accordingly.

You could do that in previous years, because we changed the car we went in, on several occasions.

Don't know whether this will apply this season of course.

skybluejane

If you email the link on city website, Christopher O’Toole is very helpful. You can edit your reg online for each match, or if you’re using Car Park A, he said a printout of your email confirmation of purchase is fine, even if you’re in a different car.

torchomatic

I wonder if they will sell parking match by match. Would park in Car Park C for night games.

AOM

I wonder if they will sell parking match by match. Would park in Car Park C for night games.

I assume it will be a tenner per game again, for an incentive to get the season ticket.

Did they do parking season tickets last time we were at the Ricoh?

BornSlippySkyBlue

I assume it will be a tenner per game again, for an incentive to get the season ticket.

Did they do parking season tickets last time we were at the Ricoh?
Yup, was £184. Think it included a cup game too if my memory isn’t deceiving me which is entirely possible.

Reactions: AOM

Grendel

I think when I originally went online you entered your Reg No and there was an option to Edit. Presumably you can just log into your account on an individual match basis and alter it accordingly.

You could do that in previous years, because we changed the car we went in, on several occasions.

Don't know whether this will apply this season of course.

I’ve tried booking today and put two regs in and it’s charging for two tickets. Has anyone managed to get round this? I’m assuming they are restricted to one car plate per application

shepardo01

I’ve tried booking today and put two regs in and it’s charging for two tickets. Has anyone managed to get round this? I’m assuming they are restricted to one car plate per application
No. Tried the same yesterday - same result!

I'm sure someone said that you can change reg on your account, or e.mail. would be useful if that was the case.

Is it ANPR?... if not, surely a confirmation of parking receipt if in a different car may suffice???

Not that useful a response, I know, but hopefully might spark a few replies.

ceetee

Christ the King parking was £5 but is now £10. We have bought a season ticket at £7,50 (League only) and I have put 3 different plates on my account as I car share with 2 others. I'm not sure how it works on the day. Presumably once anpr reads one plate it locks the others.

rhino1002

I've got a season ticket parking in Christ the king and its says I can have up to 5 cars registered
At the moment we have only 2 which should be enough for the season

Greggs

Am i right to think that Lady Lane in Longford is within the restriction boundary?

slowpoke

The whole parking issue is a joke, it starts at Hall Green Road Bell Green that’s a £5 taxi fare and I’m sure it extends to Beake Avenue by the Craftsman there must be thousands of cars in between are they all going to be booked ? I live within that two mile zone and I don’t know any neighbour that supports it.

Strangely it was never enforced in the time we have been at St. Andrews for the rugger and they have biggish (for them) attendances for the likes of Leicester Tigers, Saracens etc. or the odd concert.

Revenue raising pure and simple.

rob9872

Got here early to secure Rowleys. Car park closed and bloke sending you across road for a tenner. Told him to piss off greedy bastard and put it on some waste land taking a chance. Will have to rethink for long term. Shame as parked there for years prior to brum.

Edit - actually be nice if it was boycotted but doubt people would.

Christ the King parking was £5 but is now £10. We have bought a season ticket at £7,50 (League only) and I have put 3 different plates on my account as I car share with 2 others. I'm not sure how it works on the day. Presumably once anpr reads one plate it locks the others.

How do you book at Christ the King? Can't find it online

slowpoke

Parking issues are almost as big a put off than performances I’m local and can walk also know the area These twats charging £10 quid need a bit of chin pie. How do they justify that It’s only 23 games plus cup-ties a year ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread