Burton Albion (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
IT has stopped raining now, heart is saying 3-0 to us but I think we will be winning, but then concede and throw it away!

chiefdave

Looks like only official parking is either at Christ the King (£5 in advance, presume same on the day like Car Park C), or by the Novotel, which I think is quite the walk yet still £5.

Just go down Foleshill Road / Longford Road. There's loads of places to park there, a lot of them cheaper than £5. Only a short walk to the ground. Never had any problem getting a space or getting away quickly.

Covstar

Big Game, Big Crowd, Big Result. 4-0 to the Sky Blues which sends a clear message to the rest of the league.

Bugsy

Burtons demise from the top starts
16/1/16

........PUSB

Last edited:

Mr pot

just checked - real feel temperature -1 to -2

how many layers of clothing can i manage to get on
done the 2 pairs of trousers - not sure i can do 3 and still manage to go for a piss

Two pairs of trousers as standard.

Its all about the socks - three pairs will just about keep my feet warm till full time. Nothing worse than cold foking feet

Great_Expectations

Front four of:

Lameiras Cole Maddison

Armstrong

Promises lots of creativity and fluidity but probably a lack of width and certainly pace. It will be interesting to see how TM plays it, it's certainly hard to get Cole and Maddison in the same team without playing one out of position.

johnwillomagic

Hmm My team.

RCC GK
Ricketts RB
Stokes CB
Ramage CB
Haynes LB
Fleck DCM
Vincelot DCM
Murphy ACM
Madders ACM
JOB ACM
Armstrong ST

Subs: Burge, Phillips, Bigi, Lameiras, Cole, Hunt, Tudguy

Kingokings204

Job needs to start today. We need his energy I think.

Murphy, job, Armstrong and Maddison.

kg82

Job needs to start today. We need his energy I think.

Murphy, job, Armstrong and Maddison.

I'd go with that too. Either him or Hunt if he's fit enough. I don't think Cole will start this one due to playing on Tuesday, but a great option to have coming off the bench.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Wasn't it Burton away TM shifted Ricketts to RB for the first time? Would imagine he will want to do the same again so I guess reluctantly he will stick with Haynes & keep Stokes at CB.

skybluelee

Any danger of it being off due to ice outside the ground? You have had a lot of rain and the temp must be zero degrees at best and not due to get much higher....I am leaving to drive up in half an hour!

bawtryneal

Freezing cold in South Yorkshire. My drive and car are frozen solid. Hopefully no problem in Cov by lunchtime

Otis

We have under soil heating don't we
Lee is talking more about walk up to the ground though. That's caused postponements before. If it's really slippy on the walkways and paths to the ground that could be an issue.

Wouldn't think it would be too hard for the club staff to rock salt that area outside mind.

coop

Time to welcome Burton and send them home battered come on city Gillingham performance please.

AFCCOVENTRY

I would be dissapointed if we don't come away with 3 points today. At least 4 pts against Warsaw and Burton would be a good haul.

Even Mogga has been frustrated after games we should have one.

AFCCOVENTRY

Mogga has dropped hints that Ramage and Hunt will be involved today. Ramage starting possibly.

Lots of competition for the bench now.

Hobo

Mogga has dropped hints that Ramage and Hunt will be involved today. Ramage starting possibly.

Fans having been moaning about the vulnerability of Phillips and Haynes. But when you consider they now are probably 3rd choice fullback it shows the strength and depth that is being developed in the squad.

Great_Expectations

It will be interesting to see Hunt play (it's always exciting seeing new players, especially those with a good pedigree) my only concern is his fitness. Am I right in thinking he has been without a club since summer?

Similar situation with Ramage, but not so concerning as he's had longer with us to get fit and more recent playing time (albeit ISL).

AFCCOVENTRY

Fans having been moaning about the vulnerability of Phillips and Haynes. But when you consider they now are probably 3rd choice fullback it shows the strength and depth that is being developed in the squad.

Only moves I could see is either Haynes is dropped and Stokes back to left back and Ramage in the centre or Phillips dropped with Captain out to right back and Ramage partnering Stokes in the centre.

Then again I'm a bit wary of how much pace Ramage and Captian would have as a centre back pairing.

Hobo

Only moves I could see is either Haynes is dropped and Stokes back to left back and Ramage in the centre or Phillips dropped with Captain out to right back and Ramage partnering Stokes in the centre.

Then again I'm a bit wary of how much pace Ramage and Captian would have as a centre back pairing.
Or Haynes dropped and Hunt at LB. However I think the back four may stay the same. Stokes if fit enough to play potentially has less running to do at CB. TM always rotates the attacking midfield. Maddison in for Cole and maybe Lamieras in for JOB. I think it is too soon for a full 90 from Hunt. I think he will be on the bench and could come on for either Murphy or Haynes depending on how the game is going.

stupot07

RCC
Phillips
Ricketts
Ramage
Stokes
Fleck
Vincelot
Lamieres
Cole
Maddison
Armstrong

Then probably go with this Bench:
Burge
Haynes
Bigi
Murphy
Tudguy
Job
Hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

stupot07

Me too

Tm will play hunt instead of lameiras

Love match threads this large before the game kicks off

I'd be very surprised if Hunt starts today. He hasn't played a competitive match since last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Otis

RCC
Phillips
Ricketts
Ramage
Stokes
Fleck
Vincelot
Lamieres
Cole
Maddison
Armstrong

Then probably go with this Bench:
Burge
Haynes
Bigi
Murphy
Tudguy
Job
Hunt

Will Cole play again? Thought TM was talking in terms of him only being able to play one game a week, or was that only while he wasn't completely match fit?

Users who are viewing this thread