Burton Albion (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

but we now need around 42 points from 20 games

so that is something like 12 wins, 6 draws and 2 defeats
give or take that will be automatic

so we need to start winning a few and get maybe 4 or 5 back to back wins - otherwise , may be a step too far

Not massively different to what we have been doing then. Just need to cut out some of the sloppy late goals we've conceded in some games, but given the defensive injuries we've picked up this season I think we can cut the team a bit of slack.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think this season is going right down to the wire, so we need to take as many points off our promotion rivals as possible. In my opinion this is a must win game.

A draw against Walsall doesn't sound bad on face value but the fact we threw it away in the last ten minutes needs to be put right on Saturday. 4 points from the two games is acceptable, but I don't think 2 is if we want automatic promotion.

RCC

Phillips-Ricketts-Ramage-Stokes

Fleck - Vincelot

JOB - Maddison - Lameiras

Armstrong

GaryJones

Dont feel too disheartened about drawing with Walsall - they were one of the best teams we have had at the Ricoh this season - beat Burton on Saturday and we will be smiling again.

shmmeee

Dont feel too disheartened about drawing with Walsall - they were one of the best teams we have had at the Ricoh this season - beat Burton on Saturday and we will be smiling again.

People keep saying this. But we are one of the best teams in the division too!

Steve.B50

Let's hope we play the whole game like we did the first half last night, on that form we will beat anyone in our league.
my view we will still go straight up and Walsall will go up with us.

covcity4life

2.0 win; it makes me laugh that all of a sudden drawing with Walsall was a decent result.

Wait a minute

First you used to go on about posters who thought we already promoted(even though that's not true)

Then you scoff at those thay expect Burton and Walsall to drop off(still could happen)

But noe you are doing a 180 and laughing st those who happy with a point vs a good team.

So you don't like cov fans optimistic and you don't like cov fans who not positive enough

You just dint like cov city i think. Another moaner.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Originally due to expire 16th Jan......last we heard from TM, the loan was all set to be extended to end of season & just need "rubber stamping"....

skybluelee

Burton haven't played for two weeks. They will either be uber-refreshed and run around like spring chickens or will have lost their competitive edge due to lack of competitive matches.

Either way we'll win. 2-0.

Hobo

2.0 win; it makes me laugh that all of a sudden drawing with Walsall was a decent result.

Well it was more important than losing to them. Especially when there is still twenty games left. The table positions in January mean nothing come May.

jas365

I think it was a decent enough result, even though they're not top they are the best side I've seen this season (and I've seen us play every game). I still think they will be top 2 in May.......

no_loyalty

Lets all hope Burton have an off day like they did on 17th October (4-0 defeat at Fleetwood)

Grendel

It's difficult to guess the team - given past history he tends to move personnel around when it's two games in a week.

If Stokes and Hunt are fit I'm guessing;

RCC

Phillips
Ricketts
Ramage
Stokes

Fleck
Vincelot

Fortune
Maddison
Hunt

Armstrong

Bugsy

It's difficult to guess the team - given past history he tends to move personnel around when it's two games in a week.

RCC

Phillips
Ricketts
Ramage
Stokes

Fleck
Vincelot

Fortune
Maddison
Hunt

Armstrong

Swap fortune for lamerias....PUSB

mechaishida

RCC

Phillips
Ricketts
Ramage
Stokes

Fleck
Vincelot

Fortune
Maddison
Hunt

Armstrong

We need some aggression and impetus, so I'd opt for Ruben instead of MAF.

I'd like to see Hunt start, to see what he can do in L1. He'll either be anonymous or explosive.

Sbarcher

Have we any idea of ticket sales for this one?

The Gentleman

Second game on the trot for me! looking forward to it and as long as the weather holds I reckon a 3-1 win and the Wheatsheaf gets defended to from another marauding mob too!

coop

Burton are expecting 1500 to turn up and are predicting a 1-0 backs to the wall win.They are going to play on the break game.Clough was there Tuesday and if was me I'd be attacking our full backs as they are very much exposed.But hopefully Murphy and Armstrong will be on there A game.

shmmeee

I think I'm over Walsall now, onwards and upwards.

I'd go for:

RCC
Ricketts Ramage Stokes Haynes
Vincelot Fleck
JOB Maddison Murphy
Armstrong

S: Burge, Phillips, Bigi, Hunt, Lameiras, Cole, Tudgay

I think we'll be too good for them. 3-1.

wingy

Sounds like Hunt's very much in the equation so assuming Cole was never starting this one its between Murphy or JOB to make way.

shmmeee

I think we need Murphy's pace, especially with no Kent. But then would Hunt's passing ability give us a similar dynamic to the JOB/Madders/Lamerias trio of early season? And does Murphs need a rest? Would Hunt give better protection to weaker fullbacks than Murphy?

Nice problems to have.

wingy

I think we need Murphy's pace, especially with no Kent. But then would Hunt's passing ability give us a similar dynamic to the JOB/Madders/Lamerias trio of early season? And does Murphs need a rest? Would Hunt give better protection to weaker fullbacks than Murphy?

Nice problems to have.
yeah all considerations,certainly protecting the full back.
Which side does that young Duffy play?
Left I think.

Users who are viewing this thread